Windows 10: Missing Resolutions after Computer Restart

Discus and support Missing Resolutions after Computer Restart in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Yesterday my Windows Defender picked some malware "BrowserModifier:Win32" and told me I needed a PC restart, so I clicked ok. But when my desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Parappa, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Parappa Win User

Missing Resolutions after Computer Restart

Yesterday my Windows Defender picked some malware "BrowserModifier:Win32" and told me I needed a PC restart, so I clicked ok.

But when my desktop loaded up, my resolution had switched to 800x600. I went straight to the settings to turn it back (I believe it was at 1920x1080 before) but now the largest resolution I have is 1600x1200? So I am now stuck with everything on screen looking stretched.

Another thing that has changed are videos in general, there are slight flickers across the screen whenever there is movement while I watch YouTube videos or my own videos using Media Player Classic.

I tried a restart again but that didn't work. I then tried to update my Display adaptor: "NVIDIA GeForce GTX 590" and then tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Nothing changed.

I'm not a computer expert so if anyone requires any further information in order to help me out please let me know.

:)

Parappa, Mar 31, 2017

2. Display resolution problems after Win 10 install.

First, you need to check the specs of the graphics driver on your compute to see if it supports resolution greater than 1920 x 1080. If it doesn't, then the highest resolution that you monitor will display is 1920 x 1080. If it does support a higher
    resolution, as it was the case with my laptop, you can try to go to Settings, Display to change the resolution. For me, this solution was hit and miss, as the monitor often lapsed back to a lower resolution after the computer woke up from sleep. Fortunatlely,
    after an update of Windows 10, the problem went away on its own.

AlbertLeung9176, Mar 31, 2017
  3. sbudz03 Win User
    missing resolutions

Hi I'm having the exact same issue. I currently only have resolutions 1024 X 768 and 800 X 600. I'm currently using version 1703 (OS Build 15063.726).

sbudz03, Mar 31, 2017
  4. WOT
    WOT Win User

It sounds like a driver issue to me. Any chance your driver updated (via Windows Update) without your knowledge? NVIDIA has had this restart problem before and it may just be coincidence that you encountered malware and then restarted.

I would try either rolling back the current driver or updating to the latest driver (if not already installed).

Google Search

Good luck,

5. Parappa Win User
    Thanks for replying. It seems I'm up to date with the drivers and the "Roll Back Driver" is greyed out. I guess that means there was never a previous driver?

Also not sure why but I have 2 of the same Display Adaptors, is that right?

Missing Resolutions after Computer Restart [​IMG]

Parappa, Mar 31, 2017
  6. WOT
    WOT Win User
    Actually, I'm not sure if you should have 2 entries for a dual GPU graphics card but that seems logical. Maybe someone else can answer that question. However, I noticed that both of them have an associated red triangle, and if that means the same thing as a standard yellow triangle, they are not functioning properly; therefore, if I am correct, you would not be receiving the full resolution benefit of the GTX 590 graphics card. Does each say "this device is functioning properly?"

If not, I would suggest you try to download and reinstall the latest graphics drivers or (alternatively) delete both entries and let them be rediscovered on next boot. You could also wait for more responses from individuals that actually have that card too!

Good luck,

7. Parappa Win User
    Well I've tried a number of things now.

Uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers. Updated the drivers through the NVIDIA website. Even gave my entire PC a thorough clean, but I still get the same message.

Perhaps it's faulty hardware? Should I consider buying a new graphics card?

Parappa, Apr 1, 2017
  8. WOT
    WOT Win User

This problem could be the remnants of damage caused by the malware you removed. I would try a Win 10 clean install before buying anything new.

9. Parappa Win User
    I've backed up all my files and reinstalled windows but those little yellow triangles are still there so I think I'm really out of options now.

Is it possible another piece of hardware could be causing this issue? I'd hate to purchase a new graphics card only to see the same Code 43 message pop up again once it's installed.

Parappa, Apr 2, 2017
  10. Because the GTX 590 has two GPUs in one PCB, it is only logical that Device Manager should detect those two GPUs, they're also linked together and basically they're two GPUs in SLI with one PCB.

RoasterMen, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Resolutions after Computer Restart - Similar Threads - Missing Resolutions Computer

2. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  3. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop restarts after I change resolution: I recently reinstalled windows 10 on my laptop and whenever i change resolution to 1366x768 my laptop reboots. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-restarts-after-i-change-resolution/12e6cddf-6da1-42a0-8eee-5bdd2db33874
  4. Laptop restarts after I change resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Missing image resolution

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing image resolution: Hello, I've noticed recently that my tiff files no longer have resolution information displayed when I right click and look in the properties. I created these files using ppt and exported them at tiffs with 300 dpi resolution. When I created them they displayed the...
  6. Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 resolution changes after restart to default: Windows 10 was fine few days ago and everything was alright and no problems until someday, I noticed that my laptop shut down itself then when I restarted it, I got that automating repair thing, and I kept getting it everytime I restart the laptop, so I knew the laptop had...
  7. Can't change resolution after restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change resolution after restart: Hello Everyone! Today around 2 hours ago my screen turned to "no signal" while I was playing VR. After I was finished with my play session I realized that the screen had no signal so I unplugged the HDMI cable from my monitor and back in, only to find out it didn't work so...
  8. Resolution changes on restart

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resolution changes on restart: My display resolution changes everytime i restart my pc. When i shut down my pc and then turn it on,the resolution is normal I need help, i have the latest drivers. I want to change my default monitor resolution to a higher one...
  9. Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update: I have an older Sony portable PC with a Core2 Duo CPU and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (MS WDDM 1.1) (GMA 4500MDH) video. This PC still meets my needs and the screen quality is still far better than the vast majority of portable PCs being sold today. This PC ran...
  10. Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Missing screen resolutions after WIN10 1903 update: I have an older Sony portable PC with a Core2 Duo CPU and Mobile Intel 4 Series Express Chipset (MS WDDM 1.1) (GMA 4500MDH) video. This PC still meets my needs and the screen quality is still far better than the vast majority of portable PCs being sold today. This PC ran...