Windows 10: Missing shortcut on Start menu

Discus and support Missing shortcut on Start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There, So I have a question if is ok. I put a folder on start menu : [img] (The "Downloads" Folder) If I click on it, this happens :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tyrexo, Jul 29, 2016.

1. tyrexo Win User

Missing shortcut on Start menu

Hi There, So I have a question if is ok.

I put a folder on start menu :

Missing shortcut on Start menu [​IMG]

(The "Downloads" Folder)

If I click on it, this happens :

What should I do ?

:)

tyrexo, Jul 29, 2016

2. Strange behaviour with shortcut on Windows 10

Hi,

I am facing an issue that shortcuts to exe is missing in Start Menu>>Programs>>MyProduct.

This issue is happening ONLY if another shortcut to same exe is present in the folder "C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\"

if the shortcut is deleted from "C:\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\", the missing shortcut appears in Start Menu>>Programs>>MyProduct.

Please let me know any solution to this issue.

I have seen a discussion related to missing shortcut, in this forum, on Windows 10. I believe that issue is fixed in the version (Windows 10 enterpise x64 6851151) which I am using.

Thanks,

Prasanth

PrasanthVijayan, Jul 29, 2016
  3. Control Panel shortcut missing from Start Menu on Windows 10

Hello All,

Has anybody noticed that the Control Panel shortcut is misssing after the latest updates?

For example it used to be there:

Would be great if this is corrected in an update in the near future. Because I find myself more than often checking and looking for it there and now this craps on my workflow. Or maybe it's just me.

Let me know what your thoughts are Missing shortcut on Start menu :)

GG

ILko

ILko Markov, Jul 29, 2016
  4. tyrexo Win User

Done It :

Have to replace the shortcuts from here in order to get them working on start menu.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu Places

tyrexo, Jul 29, 2016
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I just did this and it worked.

Open This PC or File Explorer.
    Right click on Downloads and select Send to then Desktop.
    Right click and drag the shortcut on the Desktop to the Taskbar.

When I clicked on it, it opened Downloads.

Ztruker, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing shortcut on Start menu - Similar Threads - Missing shortcut Start

2. Start menu broken shortcut

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu broken shortcut: Hello guys, I have an issue here. When I was rearrange my start menu I found a doubled "Word" icon, and I tried to remove it.But when I tried to find this shortcut location with right click then 'more', there is no 'Open file location' option.I've already look in start menu...
  3. Document Shortcuts on Start Menu

Document Shortcuts on Start Menu: I upgraded from 1909 to 20H2. It appears that document shortcuts on startmenu is not longer supported. The shortcuts are still in the StartMenu/Programs folder and function if clicked on directly, but they no longer appear in the start menu and cannot be pinned. I was able...
  4. Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu

Missing icon in added app shortcut in Start Menu: Hi I have added a new apps shortcut in Start menu via shell:AppsFolder->Desktop Shortcut->Start menu shortcut, but I have 2 issues: 1 - shortcut in menu does not show the app icon 2- app does not appear in search result 2.1 - i have deleted an rebuild the search index...
  5. Removing Start Menu shortcuts

Removing Start Menu shortcuts: Is there a way to remove Built-In application shortcuts from the Start Menu? I don't mean uninstall the application, but just remove its shortcut; shortcuts (examples in red) as seen in the attached picture. 149158
  6. Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu: Upgraded to Win10 v1909 from Win7 this AM. So far in my research does NOT appear to be a valid solution for Missing Shortcuts from Start. --------------------- Question ----------------- Can someone confirm my background assessment is correct -- or -- have an answer as to...
  7. Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut Missing From Office Start Menu: Upgraded to Win10 v1909 from Win7 this AM. So far in my research does NOT appear to be a valid solution for Missing Shortcuts from Start. --------------------- Question ----------------- Can someone confirm my background assessment is correct -- or -- have an answer as to...
  8. OneDrive Start Menu Shortcut

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Start Menu Shortcut: I used to have a shortcut on my Start Menu for OneDrive and no matter what I do I can not get it to stay there any longer....I create a shortcut and the next day its gone again. I really liked having it on the Start Menu instead of the Taskbar. Is there anything I can do??...
  9. Missing Shortcut and Start Menu folder after install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Shortcut and Start Menu folder after install: An end - user came to me with an error when clicking a shortcut on his desktop "File or Path Not Found." I looked at the folder at where the location was in the start menu and it was installed to this path C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming but there was no .exe in that folder. I...
  10. Pin shortcuts to Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin shortcuts to Start Menu: What am I missing here? I can pin exe's with a right click but trying to do this with a desktop shortcut does nothing. If it is not allowed, why does the context menu have 'Pin to start' in it? Just wondering. 8914