Windows 10: Missing tiles in the start menu

Discus and support Missing tiles in the start menu in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I remember that after I had upgraded to Windows 10, my local account wasn't available and the system logged me in with a temporary profile. Then when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by x64, Feb 26, 2016.

1. X64
    x64 Win User

Missing tiles in the start menu

I remember that after I had upgraded to Windows 10, my local account wasn't available and the system logged me in with a temporary profile. Then when I logged in with my account, some of the tiles from the start menu had disappeared. I've tried opening powershell and executing the "GetAppx" command line, but that didn't work. I don't even know what the cause of it is.

Missing tiles in the start menu [​IMG]

Thanks very much for your replies. It appears to be solved now. What I did was simply refresh my PC, preserving my personal files and documents, although I'll have to re-install a few of my apps. But the start menu appears to be back to it's usual state. Still not sure who is at fault though, me or Microsoft...? :/

Maybe it's just me, but it is my opinion that the OS build is buggy (I have 10586.0).

:)

2. Andrés S Win User

Windows 10 Start screen tile icons missing

Ok, I posted an actual fix. It is rather long but addresses the problem itself. The information came from somewhere else, and I just adapted.

The whole procedure is at:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/start-menu-tiles-are-missing-their-icons/5b7bdfe3-1edd-411b-ac01-96edb130233d?page=2

It triggers a rebuild of the Start menu. However, the Tiles layout will be gone and you will have to start from scratch.

Andrés S, Feb 26, 2016
  3. Start Menu Tiles missing

Hi,

I would suggest you to perform a SFC Scan and check if it helps.

Refer to the following link given below.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

Note: While performing SFC Scan I would recommend you to make sure that there are no applications or programs running on the back ground.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Feb 26, 2016
  4. Missing tiles in the start menu

hTconeM9user, Feb 26, 2016
  5. b1rd Win User
  6. davidhk Win User
    Use this Tech Bench link and download the Windows 10 iso file:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/soft...brrWLRbagYCa0w

scroll down to Select Edition > click the pointer at the right and select Windows 10 > click Confirm.
    click the pointer and select Language > make sure you pick the same language the computer is now running > click Confirm
    select the bit version, 32 or 64-bit. Make sure you select the same bit version as the computer is now running.
    at the bottom, click the pointer next to Save > click Save As > navigate to a folder of your choice > click the chosen folder > click Save
    The iso will start downloading to your chosen folder.
    When it is done, go to that folder > open the folder > right click at the iso file > click Mount > click Setup.exe
    Installation will begin.
    It will allow you to keep you files, settings and apps.
    No product key is required.
    Activation will be automatic.

davidhk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing tiles in the start menu

1. Missing tiles in the start menu - Similar Threads - Missing tiles start

2. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  3. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    several tiles are missing from start menu: I had many tiles that I pinned to start. When I opened the start menu, many are missing. How do I get them back without having to reload the tiles....
  4. several tiles are missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Chrome Tiles Missing: W10 Ver 1903 On occasion, all my chrome tiles will disappear from my Start Menu...usually following a W10 update. It's very frustrating. I've stopped trying to customize my start menu directly with Chrome shortcuts. My solution is to use standard Windows folders to hold my...
  6. Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?

Why is my Start Menu Tiles missing for?: Why does this happen? I don't think the apps are gone from the computer but I don't see the tiles on there. Why? This happened with the Microsoft Photo App I had to install it from the store. How does this happen? Could it be a virus? Or is it normal for it to do that because...
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. no tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    no tiles in the start menu: [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it 8379
  9. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  10. Start menu tiles half missing at times

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu tiles half missing at times: On the start menu, the tiles that I made small sometimes half disappear for some reason. Also, not all of my small tiles half disappear, it's only some of them. If I restart the problem is fixed but it usually comes back later. Does anyone know how to fix it? [img] 16105