Windows 10: Missing video files

Discus and support Missing video files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Here is a strange one. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I moved some files from downloads folder into videos folder and they are gone, sort... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mark20147, Jul 23, 2016.

1. mark20147 Win User

Missing video files

Here is a strange one. Wonder if anyone else has had this problem. I moved some files from downloads folder into videos folder and they are gone, sort of. The first thing I noticed is that the thumbnails were now all the same as were the video lengths however file names are still right and file sizes show as being all different. When I play them they all play the same video. Any idea where all my vids have gone? This has happened twice now. I thought the first time maybe I did something wrong but not a second time.*Sad

:)

mark20147, Jul 23, 2016
  2. eRok_1986 Win User

MP4 and WMV recoded videos will not play in any player

I have a boat load of MP4 and WMV recorded video files that wont play on any type of player. I have boiled it down to the metadata missing values in all fields including the video and audio values with the exception of the file information, size and format
    are still present. How do I get my video and audio values back?

Video Files MIssing Metedata ("video & audio" in file properties)- Original Title

eRok_1986, Jul 23, 2016
  3. TomJones3 Win User
    unable to remove properties and personal information because that is missing

Unable to remove properties and personal information from video files because that is missing. was there the other day but is missing now.

TomJones3, Jul 23, 2016
  4. CountMike New Member

Missing video files

Hello Mark, how did you move those files ? Did you actually move them from folder to folder or thru playlist, player itself or..... ?

CountMike, Jul 23, 2016
  5. mark20147 Win User
    Hi. Thanks for your reply. I just dragged and dropped them from one folder to the other.

mark20147, Jul 23, 2016
  6. mark20147 Win User
    All at once though. So strange that file sizes stayed as they were but all went to the same 4 minute play length that one of them had. 2 of the six transfered ok but the other 4 did not.

mark20147, Jul 23, 2016
  7. CountMike New Member
    They must have different names though !!!

CountMike, Jul 23, 2016
  8. mark20147 Win User

Missing video files

Yes. All kept the original file names.

mark20147, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Missing video files

1. Missing video files - Similar Threads - Missing video files

2. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  3. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager missing mkv video specs: i had to reinstall Windows 10 recently but with MKV files it no longer displays the specs in the Details Pane likeeg 1080 x 720 25fps bitrate HVEC all that info.all MP4 files display perfectly.can anybody help?...
  4. File Manager missing mkv video specs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Video Editor is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Editor is missing?: It's been a while since I have last used Windows. But I recently reinstalled Windows onto my computer and the video editor is now completely missing- not on the start menu, or in the Photos app.Screenshot from the Photos app.Not sure where it has gone, but it sure isn't...
  6. Video Editor is missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Editor is missing?: It's been a while since I have last used Windows. But I recently reinstalled Windows onto my computer and the video editor is now completely missing- not on the start menu, or in the Photos app.Screenshot from the Photos app.Not sure where it has gone, but it sure isn't...
  7. Missing videos

Missing videos: I put the videos from my old laptop onto a flash drive, so that I could move them to my new laptop, & they disappeared. The folders they were in are there, as well as all the other items I was moving music, pix, documents, etc But the videos, & the .srt files are gone. I...
  8. Missing video files

Missing video files: Hello, I recently lost some game recordings that I had captured using the XBox Game Bar screen capture. The recorded video files were being saved in the Temp folder under User/AppData. I have seen the videos and played them may times but I am not seeing the videos in the...
  9. missing videos & photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    missing videos & photos: how can I retrieve missing videos & lots of photos in windows 10? they are not in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-videos-photos/d6f4769f-e4e5-480f-99cd-405ac1ba4617
  10. missing videos

missing videos: how can I retrieve missing videos in windows 10? thought they were sent to one drive but they are not there or in file exploer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-videos/d6f4769f-e4e5-480f-99cd-405ac1ba4617"