Windows 10: Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup

Discus and support Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey everyone, just made this account cause I can't find a permanent solution anywhere. As the title states, the Volume Icon in the Taskbar is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by raiseyavoice, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup

Hey everyone, just made this account cause I can't find a permanent solution anywhere.

As the title states, the Volume Icon in the Taskbar is missing on Windows Startup.

Yes, I know I can bring it back by restarting my Explorer.exe and such, still it bugs me to do so on every system restart.

Volume is enabled in Windows Settings (see attachment), still it's only showing after i restart the explorer.exe after every startup. ("Always show all icons in the notification area" is on, obviously)

On "Turn System Icons on or off" on the other hand, its disabled, greyed out even, so I thought somebody might know a regedit fix or something similar to keep it on on startup.

Is there any permanent solution to fix this "bug" ?

Just in case: Soundcard is a Soundblaster Z, other Specs on Profile.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers.

:)

raiseyavoice, Aug 1, 2016

2. Volume icon missing after update 1/15/16 windows 10

The icon on the taskbar near the time display is missing. I clicked on properties and it shows the word VOLUME, but no icon next to it. I have it turned on, but I'm unable to turn up the volume on my computer because no icon to check.

Betty SueConway, Aug 1, 2016
  3. wolfram77 Win User
    wolfram77, Aug 1, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup

dalchina, Aug 1, 2016
  5. Hi dalchina,

sorry for the delayed response.

I tried it out, unfortunately, the result was the same as in this guide
    The fix works for one restart only, after the next, the problem is back, so I'm assuming that some Software on my PC causes this bug ?

Okay, little update: After observing for several restarts. it is kinda randomized if the icon will appear or not. Well, its at least some kind of improvement, if nobody has any other idea, you might close this thread

raiseyavoice, Aug 2, 2016
  6. Okay last Update:

After a pretty big (or at least it looked like that too me, since it took quite a while to install) Windows Update, the problem seems to be fixed for now.

You might close this thread now, thanks anyway for the help.

raiseyavoice, Aug 7, 2016
  7. dalchina New Member
    Hi, I'd guess you've received the Anniversary Upgrade.. a new copy of Windows.

You may like to look into a great repair technique that does something similar (new copy of Windows but keeps most settings and programs) and often fixes annoying things like this if there's no published repair. That's an in-place upgrade repair install. You can find outline instructions in the Tutorial section. For that you need to have the iso of the installed major build.

You can mark this as solved.. I can't I'm afraid. Thanks.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup

1. Missing Volume Icon in Taskbar on Startup - Similar Threads - Missing Volume Icon

2. volume icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    volume icon missing from taskbar: how do i put my volume icon back in system tray. it just disappearedthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-missing-from-taskbar/66000044-2ef8-4e18-978e-4eb96cf3d837
  3. volume icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    volume icon missing from taskbar: how do i put my volume icon back in system tray. it just disappearedthanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-missing-from-taskbar/66000044-2ef8-4e18-978e-4eb96cf3d837
  4. volume icon missing from taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Volume icon in taskbar: Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to...
  6. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Volume icon in taskbar: Hi, Despite I enable to display the Volume icon in taskbar but it leaves a blank area. After numerous trial, I found that I could not have all 4 icons display at the same time - Volume, Network, Power and One Drive only either 3 and a empty area there. Please advise how to...
  7. Missing Volume icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. volume icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    volume icon on taskbar: how can I get the volume icon on my taskbar https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/789fe288-c5d8-49ac-a0d9-31a2b1797ee4
  9. Volume Icon on Taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Volume Icon on Taskbar: When I click on the volume icon on my taskbar; it is unresponsive. How do I rectify this issue? HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/volume-icon-on-taskbar/a1c4d685-07ad-4c82-ab97-5f055c74be66
  10. Missing volume icon from taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing volume icon from taskbar: It was there yesterday and now it is missing, along with the battery icon. When I go to the properties panel those options are grayed out. Did i accidentally change a setting or something? Never had these problems with win 7 pro. *Sad 16857