Windows 10: Missing win logo start button next to search.

Discus and support Missing win logo start button next to search. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have only one issue after four upgrades of windows 10 on four different computers. On one of my computers the windows logo start button is missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015.

1. ofladrt Win User

Missing win logo start button next to search.

I have only one issue after four upgrades of windows 10 on four different computers. On one of my computers the windows logo start button is missing. It is probably an easy fix but I have not found it yet. The windows logo on my keyboard performs the same function, but it would be preferable to have the start button on the taskbar.

:)

ofladrt, Jul 18, 2015
  2. Erdeslawe Win User

where do I find my e-mail contacts list?

Windows Logo (Start Button) > "All Programs" > "People"

OR

Type: "People" in the Search Box {Task Bar next to the Windows Logo)

For File Location, Type "Contacts" in the Search Box.

Erdeslawe, Jul 18, 2015
  3. Windows button,Cortana & search function doesn't work [SOLVED]

Kalpana

I press Windows logo key and X and get a menu--what do I choose to get to SCF Scan?

The link for System File Checker appears to be for Win 8.1 not Win 10.

I don't have a start button at all since upgrading from Win 8.1 to Win 10.

Edge button doesn't work. There is no Cortana button. Action Center button does not work. Search bar doesn't work. Windows button doesn't work.

Please help!

lisa

LisaAndersonMesa, Jul 18, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Ha!! a fellow NH person(I'm originally from Keene)! I only had your problem when I was theming using UXStyles in Win10. I could click in the corner and the menu would work, just couldn't see an icon(invisible*Shock). When I would switch to a normal Windows theme(Aero) it was there to see again.

Cliff S, Jul 18, 2015
  5. ofladrt Win User
    The problem was solved by removing Stardock addon software that restored windows 7 start button to windows 8.

ofladrt, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing win logo start button next to search. - Similar Threads - Missing logo start

2. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  3. start button, search button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    start button, search button not working: I updated to the most recent version of windows a couple days back, once my system booted up again the whole task bar vanished it was there but completely blank i resolved the issue by going through command prompt and deleting some of the newest updates. But after that the...
  4. My start button and the search box next to it do not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My start button and the search box next to it do not work.: I have already tried to run a sfc /scannow and checked for windows updates, but the problem is still there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-start-button-and-the-search-box-next-to-it-do/702443ac-b8ca-4b68-bc20-a6c171dce040
  5. Start button + search unwanted

in Cortana
    Start button + search unwanted: Hi Allo when I click on a button Start I alwalys have a search windows active and I am not ablte to close it! Thanks for your help. Regards JohnBi [ATTACH]...
  6. Start Button Search

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Button Search: As of this morning, none of my computers laptop and desktop and tablet will produce search results when clicking START >> then typing something. It worked yesterday. Thus clicking START > Word produces nothing. The START button works, otherwise. I did rebuild the index....
  7. Search, win button not working

in Cortana
    Search, win button not working: Win btn ,search bar, show hidden icon btn why not working and someother also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-win-button-not-working/de7006a1-fdab-4447-8020-75b029997dfe"
  8. Start Button Missing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Button Missing: Suddenly, my Start button disappeared after updating Windows 10. How do I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/start-button-missing/a51b3d37-c831-43dc-983d-b4fe5ff9298e
  9. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....
  10. "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.

in Windows 10 Support
    "My Stuff" button missing in search + missing search categories.: Code: Windows 10 Anniversary[/quote] When i search, my PC looks like this: [img] It used to look like this: [img] I used to be able to turn Cortana off and then back on, and "My Stuff" would return, but that's not working anymore I have no idea why...