Windows 10: Missing Windows 10 password

Discus and support Missing Windows 10 password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I gave my roommate a computer to use it is an older Dell computer unfortunately I had to kick him out but he put a password on Windows 10 startup and I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KillerSystems, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Missing Windows 10 password

I gave my roommate a computer to use it is an older Dell computer unfortunately I had to kick him out but he put a password on Windows 10 startup and I can't get around it because I do not have a password disk nor do I have any Windows discs at all I upgraded from Windows XP to Windows 7 to Windows 10 I do have a Windows 7 disk but it is in another province is there any way of accessing my computer and I threw out my key for my Windows 7 a long time ago

Is there any way of anybody helping me or do I have to go and buy a new Windows 10 thank you all in advance for your help in this matter

:)

KillerSystems, Aug 16, 2016

2. password box missin on start

Hi,

To help you with your concern regarding the missing password box, please access the helpful post of Pawan Dhondiyal by clicking this link:

Password box missing on Windows 10 login screen.

Let us know the result.

Regards.

Jesrael Bor, Aug 16, 2016
  3. password box missing

Password box missing on Windows 10 login screen. please help me

Varun Chowdhary, Aug 16, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Missing Windows 10 password

Hi KillerSystems and welcome to Tenforums.
    Once W10 has been installed and activated on a system, it can be re-installed as often as you like/need. So, best bet is to download the install media from MS and then clean install W10 on the computer, skipping if it asks for a key.
    Windows 10 ISO

simrick, Aug 16, 2016
  5. Mystere Win User
    What do you mean "Windows 10 Startup"?

Do you mean the normal Windows login? Or do you mean a password that comes up before Windows starts? If so, that could be either a BIOS password (if you're lucky), or he might have encrypted the drive with BitLocker and set a password. If it's the latter, there's nothing you can do but reformat. If it's a BIOS password, you have to remove the CMOS battery and let it discharge. Then put it back in and restart.

If it's a Windows password, and you don't have any other account on it, you may have to reformat, or if you need files off of it, you may need to boot from a recovery CD.

Mystere, Aug 16, 2016
  6. simrick Win User
    I assume he means the SysKey, which prevents Windows from loading.

simrick, Aug 16, 2016
  7. Mystere Win User
    SysKey is old, and not very secure... Not sure why anyone would use that..

Mystere, Aug 16, 2016
  8. Missing Windows 10 password

Thank you for all your help it worked well I'm hoping it worked I'm reinstalling Windows right now thank you for the link also

KillerSystems, Aug 18, 2016
  9. simrick Win User
    You're quite welcome. Hope it all installs well. Let us know when you're finished, and please mark the thread as solved if it's successful. Cheers!

simrick, Aug 18, 2016
  10. For some reason the install wont go past 94% I don't know why maybe it's the hard drive I'm not too sure

KillerSystems, Aug 18, 2016
  11. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Sorry for the delay responding.
    I had that happen once to me at 92% - turned out to be a faulty USB port. It could also be a failing hard drive. Do you know if your drive is healthy?
    When clean installing, it's best to select the Custom Install option, and then select each existing partition, one by one, and delete them; let Windows install to an unallocated drive. See step #10 here:
    Windows 10 - Clean Install - Windows 10 Forums

simrick, Aug 18, 2016
  12. I replaced the hard drive now the installation stops at 95% I guess I got a faulty DVD drive?????

KillerSystems, Aug 22, 2016
  13. simrick Win User

Hmmm....you could try disabling the optical drive in the BIOS and see if that helps. (IF you are able to do that - I know OEM BIOSs are pretty locked down.) You don't have anything else attached to the laptop right? No mouse, no second monitor - nothing.

EDIT: I assumed it was a laptop. If it's a desktop, you can just disconnect the optical drive from the motherboard.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Missing Windows 10 password - Similar Threads - Missing password

2. All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password: On Windows 11 upgraded from 10 some very forgettable number of months ago. On boot the login screen suddenly has no switch user option.There are 2 user accounts, one myself, one my wife. Neither account comes up as an option, instead a "new user" is selected, with an unknown...
  3. All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All users missing from login screen, just new user with unknown password: On Windows 11 upgraded from 10 some very forgettable number of months ago. On boot the login screen suddenly has no switch user option.There are 2 user accounts, one myself, one my wife. Neither account comes up as an option, instead a "new user" is selected, with an unknown...
  4. User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...: My computer did a small update now my user account is missing from the login screen, the only account that shows is the administrator account that I set up nearly 2 years ago & haven’t used since. I’ve gone through every password I’ve ever possibly had twice & nothing is...
  5. User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...

User account missing from login screen after update & I don’t remember the password to my...: My computer did a small update now my user account is missing from the login screen, the only account that shows is the administrator account that I set up nearly 2 years ago & haven’t used since. I’ve gone through every password I’ve ever possibly had twice & nothing is...
  6. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...: I am running Windows 10 PRO with all the latest updates installed. My system is set up with a single SSD drive that contains both the OS Windows 10 PRO and my data. This drive is encrypted using BitLocker.Yesterday, I encountered a 'Windows blue screen' or a computer crash,...
  7. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...

BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...: I am running Windows 10 PRO with all the latest updates installed. My system is set up with a single SSD drive that contains both the OS Windows 10 PRO and my data. This drive is encrypted using BitLocker.Yesterday, I encountered a 'Windows blue screen' or a computer crash,...
  8. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. BitLocker Password Prompt Missing After Windows Crash: Seeking Help - Can't boot on...