Windows 10: Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image

Discus and support Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have my system image and would like to restore it since my Windows 10 has been very flakythe past few days since a recent update. However, my system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by TrainingGoddess, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image

I have my system image and would like to restore it since my Windows 10 has been very flakythe past few days since a recent update. However, my system restore disk (recovery drive?) has gone missing, so I'm unable to restore the image. Is it possible to download a system restore disk/recovery drive? Or is there a way I can use the system image I have on my backup drive without it?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

:)

TrainingGoddess, Jul 9, 2017
  2. Pennbear Win User

Unable to create a Windows 10 System Repair Disk

How do I restore or replace the information needed to create a Windows 10 system repair disk for my laptop?

At first I couldn't create a system image due to insufficient space to create a shadow copy on one or more of my laptop drive volumes. I identified a volume that had 5% of unused space and ran into more difficulties trying to expand the volume. Long long
    story short, I got the system image backup to work, but inadvertently lost my hidden recovery partition, so now I'm not able to create a repair disk DVD/CD. I get a message saying some of the files are missing.

Anyone know how to restore this partition or obtain a download for a Windows 10 bootable repair disk?

Pennbear, Jul 9, 2017
  3. sjf6015 Win User
    system restore and repair

I created system image in windows 10. Could not create system repair disk before my hard drive died. Have a new drive, but cannot restore my system image to the new drive. I don't have access to a windows 10 disk to start my computer or create a repair
    disk. My windows 10 was/is the free upgrade from windows 8.1 . How can I restore my system?

sjf6015, Jul 9, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image

Welcome to TenForums @TrainingGoddess

Are we talking about a system image made by 'Backup & Restore (Windows 7)' and its 'create a system image' option? If so you can easily create another restore disk/recovery drive.

To make a USB: Create Recovery Drive in Windows 10
    (you should untick 'include system files', they are not needed if all you want to do is restore an image)

To make a CD: Create System Repair Disc in Windows 10

You can also restore a system image without the aid of a boot disk or USB by booting to Advanced Startup Options. 'Restore a system image' is found in the 'Advanced Options'.
    Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

If you used other software to make the image (Macrium reflect perhaps?) then we need to know what you used to make the image.

Bree, Jul 9, 2017
Thema:

Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image

1. Missing Windows 10 System Repair Disk needed to restore system image - Similar Threads - Missing System Repair

2. System restore and system image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System restore and system image: So I regularly create backups on my computer using the windows 7 restore tool from the control panel. There comes an option for creating the system image for drive C which is an SSD. I have heard that if the windows goes corrupt or is accidentally reset I can restore the...
  3. Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD

Restore from system image and system repair disk on a CD: I am replacing my hard disk. I have system image backup and system repair disk. Can I just restore to an empty hard disk or do I need to install a new copy of Windows 10....
  4. recovery system image repair disk

recovery system image repair disk: I have a Dell 7010 with current updates for win 10. I purchased two new 250g hard drives. I used the system repair disk to install my system backup on the first one. Witch seemed to work fine. when I tried to put the system on my second new hard drive the repair disk will...
  5. Restore from system image, no system repair disc

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restore from system image, no system repair disc: I have an HP laptop running windows 10. The screen was badly broken so I sent it to HP to be repaired. They recommended that I backup my files beforehand because they may need to completely reset the computer. So I created a system image on an external SSD of mine. I now...
  6. Restore system image without system repair disc

Restore system image without system repair disc: Hello. I've created a system image and was trying to restore it. I did not have a blank disc, so I did not create a system repair disk. I got into Advanced startup > Troubleshoot > Advanced options > System Image Recovery After selecting the system image, the computer...
  7. Windows 10 - How do I use a System Repair Disk (System Image) to restore my computer to an...

Windows 10 - How do I use a System Repair Disk (System Image) to restore my computer to an...: I have a “System Image” saved on DVD +RW ( a “System Repair Disk”). The System Image was created in September 2018, shortly after purchase of a Lenovo ideapad 320 – 171KB (a ‘laptop’ computer). I would like to use a System Image to restore the laptop to an earlier state....
  8. System Image needed to restore Windows?

System Image needed to restore Windows?: I'm trying to backup my folders/drives, by using Restore and Backup Windows 7, system image is a "must have"? or it is ok to backup only files/folders/drives with my choice? Can I restore my usual work envoriment by connecting my backup external drive? I'm talking about in a...
  9. System Image & System Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & System Repair Disk: My company jettisoned our IT Department and contracted for IT services with an outside firm. Field personnel provided with laptop or desktop (or both) are now required to perform a System Image once per week and, in addition, to create a System Repair CD/DVD each week as part...
  10. System Image & Repair Disk

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image & Repair Disk: Hello all, When I purchased my computer, a salesman recommended I make a system image in case of computer failure and said I should use a 32 GB external drive. So I took his recommendation and bought one of those USB types. As I pulled up the application to perform this...