Windows 10: Missing Windows 11 user login prompt

Discus and support Missing Windows 11 user login prompt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I want to enable the login prompt - requiring users to manually enter their username instead of selecting one from a profile.I've run NETPLWIZ, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Luv2Speed, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Luv2Speed Win User

Missing Windows 11 user login prompt

I want to enable the login prompt - requiring users to manually enter their username instead of selecting one from a profile.I've run NETPLWIZ, but it is missing the option that should be there as follows:

:)

Luv2Speed, Jun 11, 2024
  2. Bree Win User

No login prompt at login screen

From the icons in the lower right it looks Shohambs has already done that. These only appear on the login screen AFAIK.

Missing Windows 11 user login prompt 100997d1485971752t-no-login-prompt-login-screen-capture.png

There should also be a list of one or more user accounts at the lower left, it's this that's missing. Without an account to select there won't be anything to sign in to.

3. Reymay Win User
    windows login prompt missing

a few days ago my computer woke up from sleep mode with the "your computer has run into a problem and needs to restart" screen this happens often, the computer normally restarts and seemed to fix itself so usually I just ignored it, the next time I tried to
    get on my computer the windows login prompt was missing.

( i will mention that I have changed some setting to avoid the unexpected restart because I have lost a lot of important work. This is the video I followed: )

anyways since this has happened I have browsed through and done a lot to the suggested fixes from formes but none have worked:

• turning the computer off and on
    • system restore
    • system image recovery
    • startup repair
    • used the command prompt and putting in the check disk code ( it went through the whole thing but in the end said there was an error and could not enter the data - something along those lines)
    • reinstalling windows 10 with bootable USB
    • going into safe mode ( computer just goes back to the missing login prompt screen but just magnified)
    • resetting the computer both with my files saved and without. (starts process but reaches a point were it says something went wrong and puts everything back)
    I don't know if this is related or not but since this has started my phone has been notifying me that there is a security warning with the email I have associated with my Microsoft account from "securelogin.arubanetworks.com" which I do not know where
    this is from.

Reymay, Jun 11, 2024
  4. marknyy Win User

Windows users at login

I cannot see all of my user accounts on the login screen on a new Windows 10 laptop. I have an account for my son and it does not appear as a user on the login screen. It is listed if I display the users with the CMD prompt. The only account I see is my
    account which is an admin. His account is a user. All the suggestions I've seen are not available on home edition.

marknyy, Jun 11, 2024
Thema:

1. Missing Windows 11 user login prompt - Similar Threads - Missing user login

2. Missing Windows 11 user login prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Windows 11 user login prompt: I want to enable the login prompt - requiring users to manually enter their username instead of selecting one from a profile.I've run NETPLWIZ, but it is missing the option that should be there as follows:...
  3. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  4. Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Switch users option is missing for the login screen Windows 11: Hi, I can't switch accounts at all. I've tried everything and all the tutorials online are for Windows 10. Anyone have a suggestion? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/switch-users-option-is-missing-for-the-login/829db451-e26d-4bfe-a344-399d53ce8ceb
  5. Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background: When logged in with a regular account and choose to open a program with "Run as Different User" the login/security prompt hides in background behind all other windows....
  6. Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Run as Different User login prompt hides in background: When logged in with a regular account and choose to open a program with "Run as Different User" the login/security prompt hides in background behind all other windows....
  7. Login Prompt Gone Missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Login Prompt Gone Missing: [ATTACH] I started up my computer today and the login screen has now default to the basic Windows blue (different from the usual login wallpaper you would see), and that pressing spacebar/pulling up would no longer show any kind of login prompt. Multiple restarts, forced...
  8. Login Prompt Missing After Windows 10 update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Login Prompt Missing After Windows 10 update: I recently upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The upgrade went fine and I used the PC for about 4 hours without incident. Before shutting down, I did a check for updates. After the restart (required by the updates), I had no way to enter my password from the...
  9. Login prompt with several users

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Login prompt with several users: Hi. Trying to solve this problem. This PC has 2 users -an administrator and a child. The child doesn't want to be prompted for a password when logging in. The problem is, to change this, you need to log in as the administrator to change it. That means the administrator would...
  10. Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot Login. Missing users on login screen.: I have a problem with an old aspire 5920. I've upgraded it correctly to the latest build of Win10 32bit. I was already on a clean Win10 installation. Now I cannot logon anymore because the logon screen is just empty. If I press enter the clock/screensaver disappear but the...