Windows 10: Mistakenly Changed Product Key After Windows 10 Free Upgrade

Discus and support Mistakenly Changed Product Key After Windows 10 Free Upgrade in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I downloaded the Windows 10 Free Upgrade on July 29th and read somewhere that I should change product key for Build 10240. Now it will not activate.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by blaughon, Aug 3, 2015.

1. blaughon Win User

Mistakenly Changed Product Key After Windows 10 Free Upgrade

I downloaded the Windows 10 Free Upgrade on July 29th and read somewhere that I should change product key for Build 10240. Now it will not activate.

Did I make a mistake with the product key and is that causing my activation failure?

If so, how do I get my Windows 10 Upgrade activated?

Thanks,
    Bruce

Screen Shot:

https://www.tenforums.com/images/attach/png.gif

:)

blaughon, Aug 3, 2015
  2. MONEYTECH Win User

Upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 causes 0xC1900101-0x30018 error and reverts to 8.1

I was told to reinstall Windows 7, then upgrade. I have purchased a product key, and downloaded Windows 7 Pro, which came with a 32-bit and a 64-bit. I burned them to disk, but mistakenly installed, after formatting the hard drive, with the 32-bit disk.
    It took the product key, but now I need to actually install the right version for my 64-bit machine, and the product key has been used, mistakenly. The ONLY way I got past all the problems was to wipe everything off, and do a clean install, but this mistake
    has nullified my purchase of a product key. If there is a private email from which the tech who reads this could send me an email, I will provide the product key I need to be reset, so I can install the 64-bit version of Windows 7 Pro. My intention, having
    bought both a Windows 8 Pro Upgrade (that product key is now "blocked") AND Windows 7 Pro with a new product key, is to get a good installation of either Windows 7 Pro OR Windows 8.1 Pro, so I can upgrade to Windows 10. Either the unblocking of the Windows
    8.1 Pro key, OR the resetting of the Windows 7 Pro key, would work for me. Until then, this has taken up days of precious time, and the product key server has not been kind to me... ;-)

MONEYTECH, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Pro to Windows 10 Home

Hi,

I have recently upgraded my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10 Pro (which should have been Windows 10 Home and I realized it already late). I was unable to use my legitimate product key upon the upgrade installation and I mistakenly used an illegitimate product
    key instead. Apparently, after the upgrade, I am unable to activate my Windows 10 Pro and I wish to install Windows 10 Home instead. How am I able to do it?

Please note that I have a legitimate Windows 7 Home Premium product key but I no longer have any disc or recoverable drive with me to recover my Windows 7 Home Premium OS.

Appreciate your prompt feedback.

Thanks.

pete0618_0727, Aug 3, 2015
Thema:

Mistakenly Changed Product Key After Windows 10 Free Upgrade

1. Mistakenly Changed Product Key After Windows 10 Free Upgrade - Similar Threads - Mistakenly Changed Product

2. Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 will not activate after changing hardware no product key, digital license, free...: Hello MS Community,I built my PC in 2015 and purchased Windows 8. Since then, I did the free upgrade to Windows 10 and reset my PC once. When I sign into my Microsoft account I can clearly see my PC under my devices with Windows 10 Enterprise as the listed OS.Here is what I...
  3. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  4. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue: I had Windows 7 on my computer and updated to Windows 10. When prompted to activate Windows, I used my Windows 7 product key and it didn’t work. What do I do?...
  5. Windows 10 free upgrade, product key issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. windows !0 free upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  7. windows !0 free upgrade product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows !0 free upgrade product key: i got windows 10 free upgrade off the internet a couple years ago, now i need an activation key & have no idea where to find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-0-free-upgrade-product-key/260f18fb-dab5-4c5d-ae83-2daac0a34aec
  8. windows !0 free upgrade product key

9. Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?: I had windows 11 upgrade free from microsoft few weeks ago. I did not get any product key it seems, so what happens if I need to reinstall due to technical issues, can I use 'original windows 10 key on system'??...
  10. Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?

Windows 11 free upgrade but no product key given?: I had windows 11 upgrade free from microsoft few weeks ago. I did not get any product key it seems, so what happens if I need to reinstall due to technical issues, can I use 'original windows 10 key on system'??...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. recently i have upgraded my PC to windows 10 but now it seems to appear thatyour windows license will be expired soon so activate it soon so what should i do now..?