Windows 10: Mitigating and eliminating Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks

Discus and support Mitigating and eliminating Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The threat to information is greater than ever, with data breaches, phishing attacks, and other forms of information theft like point-of-sale malware... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Nov 6, 2017.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Mitigating and eliminating Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks

Read more: Mitigating and eliminating info-stealing Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks Windows Security blog

:)

Brink, Nov 6, 2017

2. Removing and or eliminating windows defender notifications

I'm using other virus software instead of windows defender and the notification is popping up every few seconds stating neither defender nor forticlient is on which is far from the truth. How do I either stop the notifications from windows defender
    or permanently remove this ignoring virus software defender. I currently have windows defender turned off and it is a nuisance with these notifications. I had the same problem when I had Stopzilla AV software but not as bad as now. Windows defender does
    not play nice when other AV software is loaded.

rolcusa100, Nov 6, 2017
  3. Nokia icon 929 keeps showing wifi from previous locations but not current

I have the same problem with one exception. I still show my office wifi network available not my home when I am at home.

My mitigation was to click any of the "left over" wifi networks. Once it cannot connect my home network appears.

Microsoft, please note, I have used the recover tool many times and have had no mitigation to this problem with the exception of my work around.

JakeAzachi, Nov 6, 2017
Thema:

Mitigating and eliminating Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks

1. Mitigating and eliminating Qakbot and Emotet in corporate networks - Similar Threads - Mitigating eliminating Qakbot

2. Microsoft RRAS as an entry point to the corporate network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft RRAS as an entry point to the corporate network: We have the following infrastructure.There are two networks. One 172.31.0.1/16 with gateway 172.31.0.1 and another network 100.80.0./24 with gateway 100.80.0.126Our server with the role of RRAS which has ip 100.80.0.100I raised a role with ip range 172.28.0.0/24I ping the...
  3. Microsoft RRAS as an entry point to the corporate network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft RRAS as an entry point to the corporate network: We have the following infrastructure.There are two networks. One 172.31.0.1/16 with gateway 172.31.0.1 and another network 100.80.0./24 with gateway 100.80.0.126Our server with the role of RRAS which has ip 100.80.0.100I raised a role with ip range 172.28.0.0/24I ping the...
  4. BSOD mitigation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD mitigation: My pc started Blue screening today and after eventually removing 3/4 of my RAM sticks it seems stable but wanted to get some eyes on a few dumps for clarification as IO've been having intermittent problems for a few weeks now....
  5. BSOD mitigation

BSOD mitigation: My pc started Blue screening today and after eventually removing 3/4 of my RAM sticks it seems stable but wanted to get some eyes on a few dumps for clarification as IO've been having intermittent problems for a few weeks now....
  6. BSOD mitigation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Unable to access Windows RDP via corporate network

Unable to access Windows RDP via corporate network: Hi All, I have a query about Windows RDS server. We have a RDS server setup and published an internal Java app over quick session publish and trying to access it via RDWeb. We have enabled 443 and 3389 ports for the servers that would need access to the RDP. It works for most...
  8. Security Mitigations

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Security Mitigations: Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe was blocked for making system calls to win32k.sys. Is there anything I need to do to not get this worrying and can I just...
  9. Security Mitigations

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Security Mitigations: Under security mitigations in event viewer. I get several warnings of these a day. Process device harddisk volume 3 program files waterfox waterfox.exe was blocked for making system calls to win32k.sys. Is there anything I need to do to not get this worrying and can I just...
  10. Spectre mitigations in MSVC

in Windows 10 News
    Spectre mitigations in MSVC: Microsoft is aware of a new publicly disclosed class of vulnerabilities, called “speculative execution side-channel attacks,” that affect many operating systems and modern processors, including processors from Intel, AMD, and ARM. On the MSVC team, we’ve reviewed information...