Windows 10: Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help

Discus and support Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; [IMG]Hey, I have recently acquired a Dell Windows Mixed Reality visor. After 4 days, I have not been able to get the thing set up. After running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Aiden M., Jul 17, 2018.

1. Aiden M. Win User

Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help

Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help [​IMG]Hey,

I have recently acquired a Dell Windows Mixed Reality visor. After 4 days, I have not been able to get the thing set up. After running the WMR portal, it tells me to check my display cable. If I plug the visor into my HDMI out port it shows up as a monitor. When I plug it into one of my USB 3.0 ports, it shows up as the Dell visor, but Device Manager constantly refreshes. That is the result after plugging the visor into every USB port on my computer. This leads me to believe the problem is being caused by communication issues between the visor and PC through the USB cord or ports.

These are the possible causes I have come up with:

- My graphics card, Radeon RX 550, might not support WMR. The graphics card has not been tested with WMR, however the other cards in the RX 500 family have been tested and work fine with Mixed Reality. (not likely the issue)

- There might be an issue with the headset hardware. I have no other WMR compatible devices to test the headset on. I have seen people online with the "check display cable" issue who have replaced the USB/HDMI cord that comes with the headset and got it to work. I think the cords being faulty is a common issue with WMR as the visor snaps up and down, twisting the cords back and forth with it.

- My USB 3.0 ports might not be providing enough power. WMR requires a USB 3.0 connection with 900ma supplied through the USB. After plugging in the visor through USB, Devices and Printers claims that the visor is running on a 3.0 USB connection. To investigate further, I used a free program called USBDeview to access more information about my USB ports. It agrees with Devices and Printers that it is running on a USB 3.0 connection, but claims that my USB port is only supplying 400ma to the headset. The screenshot attached demonstrates this. I have no clue how to get my PC to supply more power to the USB. Maybe the headset just isn't pulling as much power as it needs, even though my PC can supply it.

Extra info that could be important for debugging:

- I only have one HDMI out port, with an HDMI splitter coming in the mail. So, the only way I can see what is going on after I plug in the headset is screenshots and streaming my display to my phone through twitch.

- I am running on an AMD FX 6300 processor with 8 gigs of ram and an AMD Radeon RX 550 as my GPU. (Latest version of Windows 10)

- I have updated the drivers to the visor, even though the drivers are dated to the year 2006, Microsoft is weird like that sometimes. The driver version is 10.0.17134.1004

- I have updated my GPU drivers.

- My USB network adapter stops working after I plug in the visor, probably related to possible cause number 3. Maybe just a coincidence.

- The Device Manager refreshing issue occurs even when the visor is plugged into HDMI.

Thanks.

Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help 6ca6e45b-552c-4c5b-a101-e4cdd0c57195?upload=true.png

:)

Aiden M., Jul 17, 2018
  2. dbreviu Win User

Mixed Reality "Check your display cable"

I have an Acer AH100 mixed reality developer edition headset. Initially it worked great with the preview build, and the fall creators update release. After the first month, it intermittently stopped recognizing the device. Uninstalling the mixed reality
    portal and switching USB ports usually fixed the issue, however a couple weeks ago it has stopped working completely.

I have a clean install of Windows 10, the device is listed under "Mixed Reality devices" in Device Manager, and I have "You're good to go" in the mixed reality portal, however I cannot get past the "Check your display cable - Make sure your headset's display
    cable is plugged in correctly" screen. The HDMI port on my graphics card works when plugging in another monitor, I am at a loss as to why my headset no longer functions. Has anyone else experienced this?

Running Windows 10 Build 16299.125

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960

dbreviu, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Mixed Reality Portal not loading

We appreciate your response. For now, the Mixed Reality Portal is only available with the Windows Creators Update for Windows Insider. In order to ensure which Windows build you have, you can follow these steps:

• Windows + R.
    • Type winver and press Enter.

Once you've determined your build and have successfully installed the Windows 10 Creators Update, you may experience the new feautures offered by the update.

The Mixed Reality Portal may be greyed out because you havn't attached the immersive headset yet. Nevertheless, you can test mixed reality apps on your PC without a Windows Mixed Reality immersive headset by using the
    Windows Mixed Reality simulator.

If you need further assistance, let us know.

Jezhel Uga, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help

What is "Mixed Reality Portal" ? Can I remove it?

Hi,

For us to provide the best solution to your concern, we need additional information. Kindly answer the following questions below:

• Are trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal?
    • What steps have you done so far?
    If you're trying to uninstall the Mixed Reality Portal, let's try uninstalling it thru the Settings app. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Mixed reality.
    • Select Uninstall on the left pane.
    • Click Uninstall.
    We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help

1. Mixed Reality Portal Check Display Cable Error, Help - Similar Threads - Mixed Reality Portal

2. Mixed Reality Portal

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Mixed Reality Portal: I can't install Mixed Reality Portal. Keep getting Error Code: 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mixed-reality-portal/20e85c97-2bca-4cba-9769-f3cc1d52b167
  3. Mixed Reality Portal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed Reality Portal: I can't install Mixed Reality Portal. Keep getting Error Code: 0x80070057 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mixed-reality-portal/20e85c97-2bca-4cba-9769-f3cc1d52b167
  4. Mixed Reality Portal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mixed reality portal is not downloading

Mixed reality portal is not downloading: I've been stuck at 60% for about 12 hours now.How long should I wait--before I should consider it a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mixed-reality-portal-is-not-downloading/63fe96b5-68f6-410f-b377-99da8ba45e1f
  6. Mixed reality portal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mixed reality portal: Bought a HP Reverb G2 and tried to run the mixed reality portal.The screen stays black and after some time the following errors occur:Naam van toepassing met fout: MixedRealityPortal.exe, versie: 2000.21051.1282.0, tijdstempel: 0x60b14765Naam van module met fout:...
  7. Mixed reality portal

Mixed reality portal: Bought a HP Reverb G2 and tried to run the mixed reality portal.The screen stays black and after some time the following errors occur:Naam van toepassing met fout: MixedRealityPortal.exe, versie: 2000.21051.1282.0, tijdstempel: 0x60b14765Naam van module met fout:...
  8. Mixed reality portal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mixed reality portal: I started mixed reality portal For my HP reverb G2 I get message Can't run mixed reality on headset.This PC doesn't meet the minimum ......... everything has a white check next to it. I don't now what to update ???...
  9. Mixed Reality Portal and multiple displays

in Windows 10 Support
    Mixed Reality Portal and multiple displays: Lately, I've started having issues with a secondary VGA display when I launch Mixed Reality Portal. What happens is how I see in the menu accessed by pressing Win+P how it says 'Extend' rather than 'PC screen only' after I launched Mixed Reality Portal. Even when I still...
  10. Mixed Reality Portal

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mixed Reality Portal: Hello, Please help me to uninstall this useless program. What I did so far after searching for an answer, followed the instructions on this "https://winaero.com/blog/uninstall-mixed-reality-portal-windows-10/" site, made manually the entries in the registry. ( This mixed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 1-4 mixed reality portal display cale

2. check screen cable windows mixed reality

3. windows mixed reality check display cable

4. wmr code derreur 1-4,
  5. wmr portal Check Display Cable,
  6. mixed reality portal error code 1-4 dell,
  7. mixed reality claims hmg not plugged in,
  8. Windows mixed reality error 1-4,
  9. Acer headset wmr 4-1 error,
  10. make sure your headsets display cable is plugged in correctly.,
  11. check your display cable mixed reality,