Windows 10: MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected)

Discus and support MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Version 1803 doesn't show some file details for files with the MKV extension. Version 1709 did not have this problem. Using codec h.264, if I use the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cpmusic, May 29, 2018.

1. cpmusic Win User

MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected)

Version 1803 doesn't show some file details for files with the MKV extension. Version 1709 did not have this problem.

Using codec h.264, if I use the MP4 container, I get all file details. But if I use MKV, some details are missing, including frame width, frame height, frame rate, data rate, total bitrate, and the thumbnail image.

This occurs whether I create the file new as MKV, or if I convert an MP4 to MKV (I use XMedia Recode, copying everything rather than converting). And if I convert MKV to MP4, the file data appears. That seems to narrow the problem to the file extension.

Video playback is not affected in VLC or Pot Player. The problem lies strictly in the file details that Windows displays, and it's the same in File Manager and FreeCommander, so it appears to be rooted somewhere in Windows itself with the 1803 update.

Internet searches turn up the same or similar problem in Windows 10 as far back as 2016, but this is the first time I've come upon it. Any help would be appreciated.

:)

cpmusic, May 29, 2018
  2. mon2---01 Win User

mkv playback

i have nokia 603 (symbian belle fp 2), i need a mkv playback video player for it.

mon2---01, May 29, 2018
  3. Marek St. Win User
    Video app in Windows Phone OS 8.1 is not supporting .mkv / .flv formats

Hi Dineshkumar Ramasamy.

Thank You for posting on the forum.

I understand that you are looking for a way to playback MKV and FLV format files on your Windows Phone Device.

Unfortuantely there is no built in support for these types of files, it would be great if you could voice your suggestion to implement such by using this website here :

https://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Here you will find a full list of suported formats :

Supported media codecs for Windows Phone 8

And here more information about the media playback:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/music-and-videos/music-and-videos-on-my-windows-phone

When it comes to suggesting a specific app that you could rely on for the playback, due to the fair competition policy I won't be able to provide one. My sugestion on that matter would be to search for those specific file formats in the Windows Phone Store
    and to get familliar with the posted comments.

Thank You

Marek S.

Marek St., May 29, 2018
Thema:

MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected)

1. MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected) - Similar Threads - MKV file data

2. Win10Pro, Hyper-V and missing files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win10Pro, Hyper-V and missing files: Hello experts, I'm having a long running problem which is preventing me from being able to install Hyper-V, namely it errors (from the `Add/Remove Windows components` panel and using DISM) stating that it could not find the source binary. So far I have tried; Check VT-X...
  3. Hyper-V missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V missing: [IMG] Can anyone tell how to do this? here is the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4052082/hyper-v-cannot-start-vm-after-you-upgrade-to-windows-10...
  4. Hyper-V is missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V is missing: [IMG] I'm unable to install/enable Hyper-V on my laptop after recent Windows 10 update 1709. Its missing everywhere in my laptop. I've tried almost everything. I also opened the group policy editor and in that also the 'Device Credential' option is missing. I've also...
  5. Missing files after 1803 update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing files after 1803 update: Hello! My pc has updated to 1803, I used to use Homegroup to stream my videos etc to my Sharp tv. I have gone through the new networking procedures, now when I try to access the videos from my tv, I see the directories, but not the files. Does anyone know how the files etc....
  6. V.1803 & File History..

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    V.1803 & File History..: I was under the impression that the File History function would be deleted when v.1803 was implemented. File History hadn't been working for many months under v.1709. After installation, I saw that File History was still in Settings under Backup. It was turned off, but was...
  7. 1803 update - No more file details in Windows Explorer columns for mkv

in Windows 10 Support
    1803 update - No more file details in Windows Explorer columns for mkv: and e.g. frame height and width are no longer listed for almost all mkv files and some mp4 files. strangely, some few mkv files work, though most dont display properties in windows file explorer since the 1803 update. apparently this seems to be an issue looking at the...
  8. Video software to split MKV files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video software to split MKV files: Hi there I've got a number of DVD RAM (Video-recorder) type RTAV files that I've converted to MKV on hard Disk. These are recorded as a continuous file . However sometimes I have 2 or 3 episodes in this file and would like to break the file up into the constituent...
  9. MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511: anyone find that they can no longer play MKV format after the update? is there a fix, other than uninstalling it and using a real player? 32624
  10. No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound & speakers missing in Playback Devices: I have no sound on my new Windows 10 PC. Things I've tried: 1) Uninstalled and reinstalled sound drivers with multiple restarts 2) Checked power is connected 3) Checked speakers are connected via the green jack There's another fix I was trying in the Playback Devices...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unable to show mkv frame width