Windows 10: MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511

Discus and support MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; anyone find that they can no longer play MKV format after the update? is there a fix, other than uninstalling it and using a real player? 32624 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by cognus, Dec 4, 2015.

1. cognus Win User

MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511

anyone find that they can no longer play MKV format after the update?
    is there a fix, other than uninstalling it and using a real player?

:)

cognus, Dec 4, 2015
  2. mon2---01 Win User

mkv playback

i have nokia 603 (symbian belle fp 2), i need a mkv playback video player for it.

mon2---01, Dec 4, 2015
  3. Subtitle Format Support: SSA & ASS

When playing back MKV files from other sources, it appears SSA and ASS files are detected (including track name), so they're parsed out of the MKV, but it appears the player has no support for these subtitle formats. Is playback on the roadmap? This feature
    would make it a drop-in replacement for MPC-HC for most users.

freeone3000, Dec 4, 2015
Thema:

MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511

1. MKV playback on embedded Player broken after 1511 - Similar Threads - MKV playback embedded

2. Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11: Hi there,I used movies&tv and media playerwin11 to play .mkv file with dolby vison. HEVCThe media player remind a error 0xc00d3e8c, 'unsupported encoding setting'Windows 11 pro 22h2 22621.1928. My laptop is a licensed device for Dolby vison....
  3. Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies&TV/ Media player, Dolby Vision, MKV, Windows11: Hi there,I used movies&tv and media playerwin11 to play .mkv file with dolby vison. HEVCThe media player remind a error 0xc00d3e8c, 'unsupported encoding setting'Windows 11 pro 22h2 22621.1928. My laptop is a licensed device for Dolby vison....
  4. microphone playback broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    microphone playback broken: I recently purchased a blue yeti nano, and out of the box it worked fine. The issue I am now having is the playback where I can hear a preview of audio the mic is picking up no longer occurs. The most common solution is to turn off the "listen" setting from the recording tab...
  5. Windows Media Player - Embedded subtitles in mkv files ???

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Media Player - Embedded subtitles in mkv files ???: Hello All, I have always had issues with subtitles in WMP, it is simply not user friendly at all. Now I have several *.mkv files that have subtitles built in, but even after selecting 'On if available' WMP is not showing any subs. It works in ALL other video players,...
  6. MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected)

in Windows 10 Support
    MKV file data is missing in V.1803 (playback not affected): Version 1803 doesn't show some file details for files with the MKV extension. Version 1709 did not have this problem. Using codec h.264, if I use the MP4 container, I get all file details. But if I use MKV, some details are missing, including frame width, frame height, frame...
  7. Windows Media Player stops playing .mkv video after updating to 1709

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player stops playing .mkv video after updating to 1709: Hey, I only update windows 10 about twice a year, because well frankly, it always causes some essential function to stop working. I just updated from 1607 to 1709 last week and noticed Windows Media Player no longer plays .mkv files, well... it plays the audio but not the...
  8. Broken 1511 - add VM and install Creators, then replace ?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Broken 1511 - add VM and install Creators, then replace ?: I have a 1511 install that simply does not work in any number of ways. Much time spent to trying to fix 1511. MS updates and support failed to fix. I have a plan. I would like to know if it is actually doable. Much reading; but I just want to sure. I have a backup of...
  9. Video playback.. folder on top of player

in Windows 10 Support
    Video playback.. folder on top of player: *BiggrinHOWDY ALL.....*Sleepy Build 9879.... issue with player.. When I go to the video's folder and click on a video, it opens the player and plays the video like it's supposed to do, however the player is under the folder, and I must minimize the folder to watch the...
  10. Stuck in a broken 1511

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in a broken 1511: I have a machine with 1511 on it. Upgraded from 8.1 keeping files and applications. Was working fine. Then >10 MS tries at updating to 1607; all failed with nothing useful I could understand displayed. I bought a new MB. Asus Maximus IX Hero. Moved 1511 to new MB and...