Windows 10: Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular

Discus and support Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone.i am using Dell Latitude E6420.I installed Sierra MC8355 cellular adapter.it is working fine.My question is that can i use cellular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zohaib2430, Aug 13, 2018.

1. Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular

Hello everyone.i am using Dell Latitude E6420.I installed Sierra MC8355 cellular adapter.it is working fine.My question is that can i use cellular connection to make Voice calls through My laptop? If yes then Kindly guide me the procedure.Thanks in Advance.

:)

Zohaib2430, Aug 13, 2018
  2. Arjay Dom Win User

Running Mobile Broadband on Haier Y11b

Hi,

This issue can occur from a disabled mobile adapter.

Follow these steps and see if the issue will persist:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Change the view to Small icons.
    • Click on Network and Sharing Center.
    • Select Change adapter settings.
    • Find and right-click the name of the Mobile Broadband and select Enable.
    • Return to Settings and see if Cellular option will appear.

Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Arjay Dom, Aug 13, 2018
  3. Data trough 4G mobile broadband connection blocked when ethernet connected

Hi Robert,

It appears that Windows is managing your connection. It only allows you to connect to your mobile broadband connection if you're not connected to either Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection. To work around this behavior, I suggest disabling this feature to allow
    you to manually connect to your cellular or mobile connection. Please follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Network & Internet > Cellular.
    2. Uncheck the box for Let Windows manage this connection.
    3. Once done, try connecting manually to your mobile broadband while Ethernet is connected and see if it works.

For more information about mobile broadband connection, please check out,
    Cellular settings in Windows 10

Please update this thread with the result so I'll be able to assist you further if needed.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Aug 13, 2018
  4. book-mark Win User

Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular

Can't Set USB Mobile Broadband Adapter As Metered

Sorry, that's no help because there is no place to set the connection as a metered connection.

To quote from the Microsoft article on Metered Internet connections: FAQ :

Note

• Ethernet network connections can't be set to metered.

Therefore, because the USB Mobile Broadband adapters are installed as Ethernet adapters, it is not possible to set them as metered connections.

This true even with a USB Mobile Broadband adapter that uses the generic Microsoft "Remote NDIS based Internet Sharing Device" driver.

book-mark, Aug 13, 2018
Thema:

Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular

1. Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular - Similar Threads - Mobile Broadband adapter

2. Generic mobile broadband adapter properties code 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Generic mobile broadband adapter properties code 10: The device cannot start code 10 The specified request is not a valid operation for the targeted devuce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-mobile-broadband-adapter-properties-code/2f8a623a-872c-4062-84fc-7ee2165e5a2e
  3. Generic mobile broadband adapter properties code 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Generic mobile broadband adapter properties code 10: The device cannot start code 10 The specified request is not a valid operation for the targeted devuce https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/generic-mobile-broadband-adapter-properties-code/2f8a623a-872c-4062-84fc-7ee2165e5a2e
  4. Generic mobile broadband adapter properties code 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #7" & "Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1" won't update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #7" & "Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1" won't update: Hello!I've been having a lot of issues with the Asus connectivity First Bluetooth, now Generic Mobile Broadband Adapter #7 and Viscosity Virtual Adapter V9.1First my Bluetooth would randomly disable itself, this prompting the 'unknown usb device descriptor request failed' to...
  6. Huawei mobile broadband connection

Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  7. Mobile Broadband connection issue

Mobile Broadband connection issue: Hello, win10 on HP Elite book 8470p is blocking mobile broadband access. SIM card is fine, just tried it in neighbours computer. I am with Optus, their support techs say "everything is ok" on their network. SIM card check agrees. Yesterday while in Network & Internet Settings...
  8. No Updates on mobile broadband

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Updates on mobile broadband: I am on Windows 10. I regularly use a mobile broadband dongle. I pay £10 every 30 days and get 1GB.A typical update came through today on Windows 10 at 532mb!That is far too much for mobile broadband dongle users. I didn't have enough data so it failed and all my data was...
  9. Cellular Broadband Modem

Cellular Broadband Modem: Cellular Broadband Modem: EM7345 has been working perfectly. Since some days - perhaps after an updating - the status of modem shows "No Service". Please help me to solve this problem in Windows 10 x64. Thank you....
  10. Mobile broadband connection

Mobile broadband connection: Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I...