Windows 10: Mobile broadband connection

Discus and support Mobile broadband connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dogcatcher, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Mobile broadband connection

Windows 10 Help says that I should have a Mobile connection link under Network and Internet, I don't. By luck I managed to connect my dongle because Windows saw it as a drive. I now need to be able to use the Mobile link in order to set my connection to metered so that I don't download updates and over-run my allowance. Because Windows now sees my mobile connection as an Ethernet connection I can't set it to metered. How do I tell Windows to offer me a metered connection (I've tried and failed to edit the registry, mainly because I'm too dim to know what I'm doing). From not being offered a mobile connection there are a whole series of other problems which can wait for another day.

:)

dogcatcher, Dec 2, 2015
  2. RCW4 Win User

Interaction between a mobile via active sync and my network

I have a problem that I just can't get to the bottom of. I have a Palm Treo 750 running on WM6 which I sync via activesync 4.5

I sync it either to a Dell desktop running XP and connected to broadband via ethernet or my Toshiba Qosmio laptop also running XP and connected wirelessly to the broadband router. What happens is that everytime I connect the mobile to the PC the broadband
    connection drops out, it keeps trying to connect again but never manages to do so. I have to reboot the PC after disconnecting the mobile to get back to normal. It means I can never have the mobile and broadband connected together which is a real pain.

Does anyone have any idea what the problem could be ?

RCW.

RCW4, Dec 2, 2015
  3. JoyDeb Win User
    How do i connect my mobile network to my pc using usb modem or wifi ?

Hi I m using windows 7 pc and i got a broadband modem on it connected with LAN cable to my PC.

That my question is can I connect my mobile network to my pc using broadband modem wifi or usb that I connected my phone to my pc.

as my broadband modem data is limited and its expires but i got lots of uses on my mobile network.

so is there any way that i can use my mobile data to my pc.

Please do reply

Regards

Joy

JoyDeb, Dec 2, 2015
Thema:

Mobile broadband connection

1. Mobile broadband connection - Similar Threads - Mobile broadband connection

2. Huawei mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  3. Huawei mobile broadband connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Huawei mobile broadband connection: I use windows 11 upgrading recently from windows 7.My only means of connection to internet is my usb router : huawei mobile broadband model E3216.Since my upgrade and my uploading of all recent updates suggested by the windows update, my USB doesn't connect to internet. It...
  4. Mobile Broadband connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mobile Broadband connection issue: Hello, win10 on HP Elite book 8470p is blocking mobile broadband access. SIM card is fine, just tried it in neighbours computer. I am with Optus, their support techs say "everything is ok" on their network. SIM card check agrees. Yesterday while in Network & Internet Settings...
  5. Mobile Broadband connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mobile Broadband connection issue: Hello, win10 on HP Elite book 8470p is blocking mobile broadband access. SIM card is fine, just tried it in neighbours computer. I am with Optus, their support techs say "everything is ok" on their network. SIM card check agrees. Yesterday while in Network & Internet Settings...
  6. Mobile Broadband connection issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. No Updates on mobile broadband

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Updates on mobile broadband: I am on Windows 10. I regularly use a mobile broadband dongle. I pay £10 every 30 days and get 1GB.A typical update came through today on Windows 10 at 532mb!That is far too much for mobile broadband dongle users. I didn't have enough data so it failed and all my data was...
  8. f3507g mobile broadband device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    f3507g mobile broadband device: Toshiba f3507g mobile broadband device has anyone found a driver for windows 10 ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/f3507g-mobile-broadband-device/a3e446c0-acad-46ce-9c51-e64a354381ab
  9. Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular

Mobile Broadband adapter Cellular: Hello everyone.i am using Dell Latitude E6420.I installed Sierra MC8355 cellular adapter.it is working fine.My question is that can i use cellular connection to make Voice calls through My laptop? If yes then Kindly guide me the procedure.Thanks in Advance....
  10. mobile broadband and windows 10

mobile broadband and windows 10: hi, got the windows 10 update, and was having problems getting connected to the internet, so i uninstalled my mobile broadband program, and now dont know how to run the program again, because all that happens now is i get a notification in the action center, every time...