Windows 10: Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

Discus and support Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, I need my OneDrive to constantly update on a Mobile connection, therefore my only option is to set the Mobile connection as unmetered (setting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by IvanMATHIASfr, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

Hello,

I need my OneDrive to constantly update on a Mobile connection, therefore my only option is to set the Mobile connection as unmetered (setting on Off).

Within a few hours or few days, Windows 10 keeps reverting back the setting to On which in turn pauses OneDrive, which again is undesirable in my situation.

Why is the setting constantly reverting back to metered? How can I stop this?

Ivan

:)

IvanMATHIASfr, Aug 15, 2018

2. Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

Hello,

I need my OneDrive to constantly update on a Mobile connection, therefore my only option is to set the Mobile connection as unmetered (setting on Off).

Within a few hours or few days, Windows 10 keeps reverting back the setting to On which in turn pauses OneDrive, which again is undesirable in my situation.

Why is the setting constantly reverting back to metered? How can I stop this?

Ivan

IvanMATHIASfr, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Removing Metered Connection Settings with Mobile Broadband

Hello,

You may follow the below steps if you are using a Wi-Fi connection from any mobile data device:

• Go to Start menu > Settings > Network & Internet > Wi-Fi > Advanced options.
    • Under Metered connection, you can toggle Set as metered connection to Off.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Sep 25, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

Please permit me to respectfully disagree, battlezone. Not only is it possible to do this, TenForums offers a tutorial that explains exactly how, step-by-step: Set Ethernet Connection as Metered or Unmetered in Windows 10. Do please check it out, won't you?
    Thanks,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On

1. Mobile metered connection setting keeps reverting back to On - Similar Threads - Mobile metered connection

2. Unable to set connection as "metered"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to set connection as "metered": Problem: I connect to a WiFi network, then I open connection settings and set the connection to metered. When I go back to connection settings, the metered connection toggle switch is in "off state". The problem isn't specific to a connection, I've tried on multiple...
  3. setting up metered connection

setting up metered connection: I cant turn on metered connection on my windows 10.My laptop is connected to a wifi network. metered connection button is visible i cant turn it on . here is a screenshot attached below. [ATTACH]...
  4. Windows 10 cellural connection reverts to metered

Windows 10 cellural connection reverts to metered: Hi, I have a Windows 10 laptop where I use a 4g cellural connection with unlimited data plan. I have set the cellural connection as not metered connection. Unfortunately for some reason this gets reverted to metered connection automatically very often. This is quite...
  5. How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting?

How to stop the metered connection toggle from reverting?: We must have many of our devices set as non-metered connections for all connections/all users in order for them to work consistently. We are constantly having to change this setting because it doesn't stick. Recently, I determined it definitely DOES revert after updates but...
  6. Set metered connection as default?

Set metered connection as default?: Hi! Is there away to set metered connections as the default, rather than having to remember to set each new network as metered? (It seems I use a lot of different networks, and as soon as I connect to one that I have forgotten to set as metered - BAM! Windows wrecks my...
  7. Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection

in Windows 10 Customization
    Set Win 10 connection as a metered connection: My LAN is connected via router to a metered NBN connection. I do NOT want to connect to the router via WiFi. So how do I set WIN 10 to accept the LAN connection as a metered connection? OS Win 10 home. Thanks in advance Bill...
  8. Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION

Unable to Set METERED CONNECTION: Hi, I am using Windows 10 Home insider preview Single Language, with 1803 version, OS Build is 17692.1004 It was updated to this Build on 09/07/2018. After this update I am unable to find an option. I use cellular data which is limited so I always used it as a metered...
  9. Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Setting a metered connection for Ethernet?: I would like to set a metered connection for Ethernet so that I don't have to sufffer the inopportune auto-updates and can instead update Windows when it's convenient for me. Alas, in Network & Internet > Ethernet, "Set metered connection" is greyed out. How do I enable this...
  10. set metered connection is not activate

set metered connection is not activate: hi i am trying to active set metered connection in my setting , when i active it and leave setting and return it switched to OFF again i tried this way " netsh wlan set profileparameter name=dlink_DWR-932_6789 cost=fixed " and it shows " Profile "dlink_DWR-932_6789"...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cellular connection keeps reverting to metered

2. metered connections keeps resetting

3. windows 10 keeps reverting to metered connection