Windows 10: Mobile Wifi data sim

Discus and support Mobile Wifi data sim in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently bought a TP-Link mobile wifi gadget and started with a 1GB 30day data sim from '3'. It very soon needed a top up! The replacement is now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Irene, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Irene Win User

Mobile Wifi data sim

I recently bought a TP-Link mobile wifi gadget and started with a 1GB 30day data sim from '3'.

It very soon needed a top up! The replacement is now also on its way out... *Eek
    What could possibly be consuming the data at such a fast rate of knots?

Does anyone have advice for what and where the best deal might be available?
    (The 'gadget' is not locked into any specific provider).

:)

Irene, Apr 6, 2016
  2. 93tid Win User

Wrong data connection on/off status displayed in status bar

1) This might be the case for dual SIM devices in order to show data connection availability for each SIM.

2) Perfectly standard behaviour for all smartphones on all OS - WiFi data connection automatically overrides by default any mobile data connection and disables it. Once you turn off WiFi, mobile data connection is automatically re-enabled.

93tid, Apr 6, 2016
  3. farby Win User
    Lumia 730

Using Mobile Data or WiFi or both ? If its only with Mobile Data, did you try another SIM ? Preferably try with SIM of another Network.

..Also, does this happen only at certain location or wherever you use Internet ?

farby, Apr 6, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Mobile Wifi data sim

One GB is quite a little (I wanted to say awfully little). Thinking of my data usage on my Windows phone, I usually use mobile data between 1.5 and 3 GB per month even thinking that the mobile sites are much lighter, using less bandwidth. I only use mobile data when not home, using WiFi at home for updates and such.

My mobile data is light browsing (news, forums and such), a little bit Skype and Whatsapp. Yet, 1 GB would never be enough for me for a whole month.

Thinking of computer and its connection to Internet, one GB is most definitely not enough for normal usage. Here's the data usage from this laptop of mine for the past 30 days:

Mobile Wifi data sim [​IMG]

Almost 130 GB. My data usage is honestly not average, I have to admit that; I am online most of the time, actively online using computer at least 5 or 6 hours a day. Browsing, some YouTube videos but not much of that or other streaming video. There's been a few Insider build upgrades during the last weeks (each almost 4 GB) but this is not the machine I download them. Over 20 GB of that usage is uploads, stored some ISO backups to OneDrive, but other than that, normal usage according to my standards.

Kari, Apr 6, 2016
  5. nigelmercier, Apr 6, 2016
  6. Irene Win User
    Thank you, Kari and Nigel. Excellent info from you both. *Thumbs

This was my first attempt to use mobile broadband whilst away from home. I am in Wales at present, but will be in Spain for a period during June. Your help will be very useful there.

Irene, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mobile Wifi data sim

1. Mobile Wifi data sim - Similar Threads - Mobile Wifi data

2. Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data: Hi I am a tax consultant and I often notice that if I am connected to wifi I don't get proper access to my portal while when I connect the same portal with my mobile data it get's connected please help me to get rid of this issue soon....
  3. Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data: Hi I am a tax consultant and I often notice that if I am connected to wifi I don't get proper access to my portal while when I connect the same portal with my mobile data it get's connected please help me to get rid of this issue soon....
  4. Internet websites don't work over wifi but works with mobile data

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Win 11 via Data SIM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 via Data SIM: How do you get Windows 11 OS to recognize and use an installed data SIM in a HP EliteBook 850 G8 Notebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-via-data-sim/8dd04d0f-fdc8-41e8-8354-37a5872c65ff
  6. Win 11 via Data SIM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 via Data SIM: How do you get Windows 11 OS to recognize and use an installed data SIM in a HP EliteBook 850 G8 Notebook? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-11-via-data-sim/8dd04d0f-fdc8-41e8-8354-37a5872c65ff
  7. Sim Card Activation, Verizon, and Mobile Plans

Sim Card Activation, Verizon, and Mobile Plans: For the last year, our Dell Rugged Laptops have been working fine with our factory installed Verizon sim cards using Verizon Connection Manager. Now, Mobile Plans pops up when you click on the Verizon card "View My Account" Mobile Plans pops up and wants me to Active my...
  8. Connect PC to phone mobile data

Connect PC to phone mobile data: Hello Currently, I do not have set up modem for internet connection for my PC. Tho, I really need connection on PC ASAP! I have my mobile data, but i also have Wi-Fi. (Im waiting for my router to be moved and for wires to be cut through and lead to my pc) How can i set it so...
  9. UK Broadband via Mobile SIM Plans?

UK Broadband via Mobile SIM Plans?: I'm fed up with the poor service and expense of Virgin Media for UK broadband (70Mbps) and all day phone calls for £50 plus. I've just bought a 4G phone and find I can tether it to my Windows 10 laptop or PC and get 35Mbps internet download speed which is fast enough for my...
  10. Windows 10 Mobile Build 166 - Sim Lock

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Mobile Build 166 - Sim Lock: Took off the sim lock password before upgrade but cannot find how to put one on in the new settings configuration. Can anyone help? 8472