Windows 10: Modem activity

Discus and support Modem activity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connect (Router) three computer to the internet. With one computer on I have little Modem activity.When I turn on the second Computer on I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fred0843, Mar 16, 2016.

1. fred0843 Win User

Modem activity

I connect (Router) three computer to the internet. With one computer on I have little Modem activity.When I turn on the second Computer on I get a increase in modem activity. I have ran adware and virus scans OK. Is this normal ?

:)

fred0843, Mar 16, 2016
  2. Activity Win User

Sync starts, never finishes, no error code

Yes, I have, many times

Activity, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Activity Win User
    Sync starts, never finishes, no error code

Yes, I have. Moreover I've tried to change computer Modem activity :) Still problem...

Activity, Mar 16, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Modem activity

Yes, each connection has DHCP, DNS and probably some network traffic from ISP and Windows Update checks.

wyldman68, Mar 16, 2016
  5. fred0843 Win User
    Thanks wyldman68

After they are for a time the activity get less

fred0843, Mar 16, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Modem activity always happens when you have a computer online. If it is turned off, the modem will still communicate with your ISP for letting it know that it is online.

bro67, Mar 17, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    That is correct, because the OS is no longer doing any type of maintenance.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Modem activity

1. Modem activity - Similar Threads - Modem activity

2. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  3. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  4. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  5. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  6. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  7. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  8. Modem activity light blinking continuously

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Modem activity light blinking continuously: Suddenly the modem / router activity light is blinking continuously even without any network / internet traffic (when the computer is on of course) The Modem / router is an Arris I found this a few days ago in reliability history, anything to do with it? Installation...
  9. Modem activity light blinking continuously

in Windows 10 Support
    Modem activity light blinking continuously: Suddenly the modem / router activity light is blinking continuously even without any network / internet traffic (when the computer is on of course) The Modem / router is an Arris I found this a few days ago in reliability history, anything to do with it? Installation...
  10. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem: Folks, I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections. I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook. I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS. When I am connected...