Windows 10: Modem activity

Discus and support Modem activity in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I connect (Router) three computer to the internet. With one computer on I have little Modem activity.When I turn on the second Computer on I get a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by fred0843, Mar 16, 2016.

1. fred0843 Win User

Modem activity

I connect (Router) three computer to the internet. With one computer on I have little Modem activity.When I turn on the second Computer on I get a increase in modem activity. I have ran adware and virus scans OK. Is this normal ?

:)

fred0843, Mar 16, 2016
  2. Activity Win User

Sync starts, never finishes, no error code

Yes, I have, many times

Activity, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Activity Win User
    Sync starts, never finishes, no error code

Yes, I have. Moreover I've tried to change computer Modem activity :) Still problem...

Activity, Mar 16, 2016
  4. wyldman68 Win User

Modem activity

Yes, each connection has DHCP, DNS and probably some network traffic from ISP and Windows Update checks.

wyldman68, Mar 16, 2016
  5. fred0843 Win User
    Thanks wyldman68

After they are for a time the activity get less

fred0843, Mar 16, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    Modem activity always happens when you have a computer online. If it is turned off, the modem will still communicate with your ISP for letting it know that it is online.

bro67, Mar 17, 2016
  7. bro67 Win User
    That is correct, because the OS is no longer doing any type of maintenance.

bro67, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Modem activity

1. Modem activity - Similar Threads - Modem activity

2. Unidentified network after replacing modem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unidentified network after replacing modem: The rig im still running is custom built, about 10 years ago. I can give you the specs if relevant. It was originally installed with Windows Vista 64bit, later I replaced that with Windows 7 64bit, then upgraded to Windows 10. I have a cable internet connection through...
  3. Unable to access the Admin page of my modem router since latest Windows 10 update

Unable to access the Admin page of my modem router since latest Windows 10 update: Since I updated the latest Win 10 update, I am unable to access my modem router's admin page. I previously never had any problems logging to the admin page. I took the extra step of uninstalling my antivirus/firewall program and logging in to no effect. I can access the...
  4. 2 Fax Modems on a Windows 10 Pro PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    2 Fax Modems on a Windows 10 Pro PC: We have a lot of incoming faxes and outgoing faxes. Sometimes the outgoing faxes cannot be delivered since the incoming faxes tie up the line. So we thought about having one fax line for incoming faxes, and one fax line for outgoing faxes. However WIN 10 Pro only allows one...
  5. how to a ubee modem/router to work i replace old modem with a new one what i need to do

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to a ubee modem/router to work i replace old modem with a new one what i need to do: I bought my own Ubee modem how do I get the one to work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-a-ubee-modemrouter-to-work-i-replace-old/043adf9d-bd27-4fbf-b6c1-a7c4ac3bdf0c
  6. New Samsung Exynos 990 mobile processor and 5G Exynos Modem 5123 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung Exynos 990 mobile processor and 5G Exynos Modem 5123 Mobile: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced at its Samsung Tech Day 2019 two silicon products specifically tailored for future mobile devices that will make intensive use of video and artificial intelligence (AI)...
  7. New Samsung Exynos 990 mobile processor and Exynos Modem 5123 Mobile

in Windows 10 News
    New Samsung Exynos 990 mobile processor and Exynos Modem 5123 Mobile: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics, a world leader in advanced semiconductor technology, today announced at its Samsung Tech Day 2019 two silicon products specifically tailored for future mobile devices that will make intensive use of video and artificial intelligence (AI)...
  8. issues setting up a connection into a 3g modem

issues setting up a connection into a 3g modem: im trying to connect to a remote 3g/4g modem that has a visualisation webserver connected to it - but i cannot seem to set up a dial into connection properly - any tips...
  9. I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...

I received a new modem from Shaw but I cannot connect to the internet, the Shaw guy was...: I cannot connect to the internet, Shaw sent me a new modem, I unplugged the old modem and plugged in the new one but now it is saying "not connected to the internet"....
  10. Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem

Active Ethernet connection disables Cellular Modem: Folks, I came across an issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise Build 1803 with Cellular/Ethernet connections. I have a HP lt4120 Snapdragon X5 LTE installed in my notebook. I purchased it with the intent to work on the road and to leverage it for ICS. When I am connected...