Windows 10: Modem use

Discus and support Modem use in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi All, I am new to using Win10, and I would like to find out if Windows 10 will utilize an internal modem? I have an Asus laptop, it does NOT have an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kjmva99, Dec 28, 2015.

1. kjmva99 Win User

Modem use

Hi All,
    I am new to using Win10, and I would like to find out if Windows 10 will utilize an internal modem? I have an Asus laptop, it does NOT have an internal modem, nor could I find a place for it when it was running Win8.1. I would like to know this before I upgrade my desktop to Win10 because it is currently running Win7.
    Any thoughts on what I can/ should do?
    Also, I have an external modem that I was thinking about connecting to my Asus, but the external modem only has a 9 pin serial plug. Can I use that and 9 pin to Cat 5 cable adapter to connect to the ethernet jack on my Asus?

:)

kjmva99, Dec 28, 2015
  2. g0blinek Win User

Use my E52 as modem gives 777 error : Modem out of order

I have the same problem. I can't use phone as dial up modem. Earlier version like Nokia e50 doesn't have problem like that.

Anyone have solutions to this problem ?

g0blinek, Dec 28, 2015
  3. Use my E52 as modem gives 777 error : Modem out of order

Does anyone has a E serie and can try to dial up a phone number with his PC please ?

Many Thanks !

fa355115---01, Dec 28, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Modem use

Hi,

Yes.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 28, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Dec 29, 2015
  6. MtheK Win User
    FYI: I can confirm that the ZOOM3095 USB dial-up modem works on Win10.

2 others failed for me (TRM561U and Hiro50113).

The instructions were very precise, tho a bit out-of-date; it only
    had Win8, but, on the box, it had Win10, which is why I tried it.

A bit more expensive, but worth it. Very clean install. Works just
    like my TRM561U on Win7 (in fact, drivers from the same company; for
    TRM561U it said 'FAILURE' w/o any reason, but for this ZOOM3095, it
    said 'SUCCESS'). The former connected, but couldn't logon. The
    ZOOM3095 did so, and I was able to xmit/recv data correctly.

MtheK, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Modem use

1. Modem use - Similar Threads - Modem

2. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  3. Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11- AT&T LTE won't share via Hotpost- Dell Laptop with Sierra Wireless Modem dw5811e: I have a Latitude 7530 with a Dw5811e Snapdragon x7 LTE modem. I have AT&T LTE service with a sim card installed. and my internet works. even thought it shows "identifying" However, when i try to enable the hotspot feature and share the connection over wifi I receive the...
  4. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  5. New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...

New Dell, Windows 11. Since purchasing a new Xfinity modem. HP Printer will not connect to...: Have a new Dell desk top. HP printer, not fancy or sophisticated. Worked together fine until we had to get a new modem from Xfinity. Now the printer is not recognized by the computer, or iPhone or iPad, so nothing will print. How can we get the modem to allow the printer and...
  6. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  7. Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes

Hspa Modem 3G Modem Not Working , Only Intializes: Hi there , i have a problem with my HSPA modem 3G, driver version 2.0.5.9. It works well on windows 8 and i am using windows 11. I did upgrade my computer from windows 10 to 11 Pro 23H2 last year and it worked well with my windows 10 . I tried to do compatability troubleshoot...
  8. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  9. Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?

Any way to use XP computer's fax/modem from Win10?: My mother just died, and I've been needing to fax copies of my mom's death certificate to various places. It's either fax it or snail mail it, and for some reason they insist on "certified copies" of the death certificate if I snail mail it, and those cost money to get from...
  10. My laptop won't connect to internet either via wifi or a modem [both of which are working...

My laptop won't connect to internet either via wifi or a modem [both of which are working...: My laptop won't connect to internet either via wifi or a modem [both of which are working properly] It connects but it says no internet, secured. On my other laptop everything works properly.I tried network reseti tried flushing the DNS cache...