Windows 10: Modern design at Microsoft

Discus and support Modern design at Microsoft in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Modern design at Microsoft Going beyond flat design by Steve Clayton Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs. Modern Design... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Indianatone, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Modern design at Microsoft

Modern design
    at Microsoft

Going beyond flat design
    by Steve Clayton

Read more here and see the concepts behind the designs.

Modern Design at Microsoft

Indianatone, Sep 11, 2014
  2. labeeman Win User

I hope he gets transferred soon and do away with Modern flat.

:)

labeeman, Sep 11, 2014
  3. Entegy Win User
    Winows Phone 8.1

I would read more than the first few lines if there were paragraphs. Please.

Also, Apple (and Google, and nearly everyone else) had their recent designs inspired by Microsoft. Microsoft's Metro UI started the current trend of design. So everyone is taking inspiration Microsoft's modern design.

Entegy, Sep 11, 2014
  4. Modern design at Microsoft

window colour is not full please help

There is nothing to help. This is not a bug, it is a design decision.

Microsoft is moving the look to "modern". "Modern" programs like you might see on a phone or tablet or from the "Store" have no border, and the color doesn't change when the window has focus.

This change to the GUI was done to consolidate the look and feel. The "modern" crowd applauds it, the "old" crowd hates it. Both groups agree a mixed GUI is wrong, but they disagree with what way it should look and clearly Microsoft is currently agreeing
    with the "modern" look. They are clearly transitioning more and more to this.

A_User_Here, Sep 11, 2014
  5. That is one awful site. *Sick

lehnerus2000, Sep 12, 2014
  6. The site was intentionally designed to be worked with touch....

Coke Robot, Sep 12, 2014
  7. Obviously. *Smile

lehnerus2000, Sep 13, 2014
  8. Modern design at Microsoft

Which is one reason it stunk. Another reason is the author was totally full of it. Having one interface across phone, tablet and PC platforms that uses less CPU pony power may be convenient for M$ but it cheats people with machines that are more than capable of handling the special effects, especially since most machines, including tablets and phones, are becoming more powerful with time. The flat look is boring, making it harder to concentrate on what one is looking at.

I wish M$ would get over the idiotic concept of having one OS fits all. Ask any woman how well one size fits all works with clothing.

Lady Fitzgerald, Sep 13, 2014
  9. Also I feel M$ has missed the tablet revolution and no amount of screwing around with everyone's interface will get it back for them. Every day on TV* here in Indiana I hear download our app from the Google or Apple store. No mention of Windoze at all. Even ipad like device is in the public domain to describe a tablet so give it up M$ and go back to what you are best at, OS for desktop, office products, Encarta, Map Point and Autoroute etc.

(* that even includes watching CH4 from the UK via VPN) So from that I assume it is a worldwide situation).

Indianatone, Sep 13, 2014
  10. EMINENT Win User
    Blame the devs and companies that won't make an app for the Windows platform. The tools have been there.

If people are going to keep smack talking the os and refuse to use it, then don't get mad when there aren't any apps in the store.

Plus, there are a number of os's out there to use.

EMINENT, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Modern design at Microsoft

1. Modern design at Microsoft - Similar Threads - Modern design Microsoft

2. Modern Speech recognition app design in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modern Speech recognition app design in Windows 11?: Hi, before on Windows 10 the speech recognition app looked a lot more modern and also worked a lot better than it currently does on my Windows 11. I hoped the problem would solve itself by some update but doesn't seem so. Can you give hint's how to get back the modern speech...
  3. Modern Speech recognition app design in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modern Speech recognition app design in Windows 11?: Hi, before on Windows 10 the speech recognition app looked a lot more modern and also worked a lot better than it currently does on my Windows 11. I hoped the problem would solve itself by some update but doesn't seem so. Can you give hint's how to get back the modern speech...
  4. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  5. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: Hi, I had my Designer Keyboard for not even 2 years now and suddenly it stopped working. I thought it might have something to do with the batteries, however after I switched them it still is not working.When I hold the paring key nothing happens the LED will not light up....
  6. New leak details Windows 10 update with modern design overhaul

in Windows 10 News
    New leak details Windows 10 update with modern design overhaul: As part of the Sun Valley update, Windows 10 is in the process of getting a new interface with Windows 10X-like Action Center and rounded corners. The Sun Valley update is also known as ‘Windows 10++’ internally and it will deliver a sweeping visual rejuvenation of Windows...
  7. Microsoft Designer Keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft Designer Keyboard: I purchased the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Desktop Keyboard and Mouse and continuing to have issues with the keyboard, to the point where it shows as paired, but not connected. I continually have to switch my laptop on and off to get it to connect and have had to remove...
  8. Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Modern Keyboard Issue: I purchased a Microsoft Modern Keyboard at Best Buy about 9 months ago. This morning the "a," "s," and "d" keys stopped working. I searched online for a resolution and did the usual fixes, including reboot of computer. Keyboard is hardwired, so not a connectivity issue....
  9. Microsoft Modern Keyboard Not Connecting

Microsoft Modern Keyboard Not Connecting: So I recently got the Microsoft modern keyboard. I have Bluetooth 5.0 on my PC, but the keyboard won't connect wirelessly. I tried it on my surface book and the keyboard worked perfectly. The only difference between the two was that, on my surface book, it showed that it was...
  10. Microsoft Modern Keyboard

Microsoft Modern Keyboard: I have purchased this keyboard new. It works correctly when wired to laptop. Fingerprint works correctly when wired in. If its not connected by wire doesn't work. Is fully charged, doesn't show up as a Bluetooth device, have installed latest updates. Laptop is on latest...