Windows 10: Modern IE11, install on Windows 10?

Discus and support Modern IE11, install on Windows 10? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I wondered if the Modern version of IE11 from 8.1 could be installed on Windows 10? I ask because IE11 (Modern) is a nice browser on my tablet.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by markweatherill, Aug 13, 2015.

1. Modern IE11, install on Windows 10?

I wondered if the Modern version of IE11 from 8.1 could be installed on Windows 10?

I ask because IE11 (Modern) is a nice browser on my tablet.
    Does Edge compare at all for touch-friendliness?

:)

markweatherill, Aug 13, 2015

2. W8.1 IE11 "Play to" in W10 EDGE

Hi,

With Windows 8.1 I'm able to "Play To" any video that I was watching in Modern IE11 with a simple
    swipe right to left>>devices>>play

This worked not with only in Modern IE11 but in any Modern Media Apps (Photos, Videos, Etc...)

I think we suppose to have the same or more functions in W10.

How can I do this in W10 EDGE?

Did we have a functions downgrade?

Regards,

Cesar

Cesar Mattos, Aug 13, 2015
  3. Email loss with windows 10

With Windows 8.1 you don't have Edge. You have a choice of the modern browser or IE11.

If a website isn't working with modern/metro browser, try IE11.

If IE11 isn't working on a particular website you can simply download and install either Chrome or Firefox.

These articles will tell you how to open the (more familiar) Desktop version of IE11:

To change whether the Internet Explorer tile on the Windows 8/8.1/RT/RT 8.1 Start screen opens Internet Explorer Desktop or Modern/Metro

Launch Options for Internet Explorer 10 on Windows 8

(More technical)

Internet Explorer on Windows 8.1: One browser, two experiences (Internet Explorer)

Download Chrome

Chrome Web Browser

Firefox
    https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/

Don

Don Varnau, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

Modern IE11, install on Windows 10?

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2015
  5. Thanks, I hope someone finds a way anyway*Smile

markweatherill, Aug 13, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    What will hurt me is when the "regular" IE11 get's the ax(which it eventually will) ! So I kinda know how you're feeling.

Cliff S, Aug 13, 2015
  7. I've been trying desktop IE11 in fullscreen as an alternative to Modern IE11. It might just be the answer!

markweatherill, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

On IE you can also add sites to your apps, so it might be touch friendlier than trying to poke the bookmarks. or set them to larger icons to your favorites in your user folder and create a shortcut.

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Modern IE11, install on Windows 10? - Similar Threads - Modern IE11 install

2. Help!!! All Windows 10 modern apps NOT-INSTALLED

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help!!! All Windows 10 modern apps NOT-INSTALLED: >>I cant explain properly But The Screenshot Does So check that First in the bottom So i just have a fresh install of windows 10 19042 and ALL the MICROSOFT STORE APPS are UN-INSTALLED they are only listed in the start menu and they show that they are in "installing" state...
  3. Windows 10 installation using modern setup

Windows 10 installation using modern setup: That's my first time I use modern setup. It took about some hours to create ISO file . Im using Windows 8.1 right now and I want to dual boot it with Winndows 10. But I don't have anything to burn this ISO file. So, I opened ISO, entered my product key and boom! It says me...
  4. Modernizing Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Modernizing Windows 10: [ATTACH] Hey everyone, I'm looking to make my desktop a little more modern and was wondering if there's an app that can make folders open similar to the way the downloads folder opens on macOS. I have a lot of apps on my desktop and would love to have them in separate...
  5. IE11

IE11: I E 11 has disappeared from my desk top PC Nothing I do will reinstall it It does not show up anywhere. Can anyone please advise? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/b33fc2b1-98da-45ba-b3af-ccd2a9a53d70
  6. IE11

in Windows 10 Customization
    IE11: where is IE11 on my PC? cannot find it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ie11/25759eaa-d976-4be1-88d6-9ae0a057782f
  7. IE11

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    IE11: I went to Bonaire and tried to open Pandora on my laptop, got an error message "Pandora is not available in your area" now that i'm home I'm getting the same error message. I tried reseting IE11 it worked once and now it dosent....
  8. ie11

in Browsers and Email
    ie11: I installed win10 preview 10162,everything fine until I noticed no bookmarks/favorites folder or I wasn't looking in the right places(s). On the start/all programs /windows accessories there was ie so I added it to the desktop clicked on it to preview my favorites and now I...
  9. IE11 and PayPal

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 and PayPal: I was placing an order using IE11 under Windows 10. When I clicked on the link to use PayPal, the tab changed the name and the circle spun and then the screen stayed where it was. I tried several times with the same results. I switched over to Firefox (my default browser...
  10. IE11 in Windows 10 builds

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 in Windows 10 builds: Is it possible to run IE11 in windows 10 builds greater than 10049? 5634