Windows 10: Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet

Discus and support Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a problem where sometimes a modifier will get 'stuck'. So the OS thinks that the alt, windows, control, or shift (or some combination thereof)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gorman, Aug 22, 2017.

1. gorman Win User

Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet

I have a problem where sometimes a modifier will get 'stuck'. So the OS thinks that the alt, windows, control, or shift (or some combination thereof) is held down when it is not. This occurs seemingly at random, even when I have not pressed those buttons for some time. By hovering with the stylus I can see which modifiers are held by the tooltip that shows up. Plus I can see the difference in behaviour.

I have tried to fix it by opening a touch keyboard and pressing the buttons to unstick them, but it didn't work (even tried switch to different kinds of touch keyboards). The only way that I have found to solve having a modifier stuck is to restart.

Now this may be voodoo, but I suspect it's to do with my tablet having a keyboard dock with exposed pins (like a surface, this tablet is a cube mix plus by the way). I suspect it's because the pins get shorted or something. Maybe that's not a realistic idea, it's just a hunch. I am not sure how to disable it in device manager - I see the GPIO dock mode and slate indicator drivers?

I have also had it before toggle settings like rotation lock.

Thanks for any help.

:)

gorman, Aug 22, 2017
  2. lctrdt1 Win User

My full scan has identified two serious threats but stops running halfway through removing them.

I've tried restarting the Clean PC part and it still gets stuck. The threats are browser modifier win32 diplugem and browser modifier Win32 Kipod Tools Cby.

lctrdt1, Aug 22, 2017
  3. Windows 10 stuck on tablet mode

If your desktop (not Tablet) gets stuck in "Tablet" mode, go to Windows Search bar and type in "Tablet".

System/Tablet Mode will appear. Make sure Tablet Mode is "Off"

Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet [​IMG]

RichardJurek, Aug 22, 2017
  4. Bree New Member

One thing to check: go to the 'Ease of Access Center' in Control Panel, under 'Make the keyboard easier to use' make sure that 'Sticky keys' is turned off.

5. gorman Win User
    To my understanding that's not what sticky keys does, but regardless they are turned off *Smile

gorman, Aug 24, 2017
  6. gorman Win User
    For example just now I was drawing in an art program, I had not touched the touch keyboard in quite some time, when suddenly my cursor shows the alt and win keys are held down. I cannot open the touch keyboard (it immediately closes). I cannot save-as (cannot open the keyboard). Unable to type, and my touch input limited to 'alt click', I restart.

I have seen no obvious pattern, any help would be great.

gorman, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Modifiers getting 'stuck' on tablet - Similar Threads - Modifiers getting 'stuck'

2. Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 stuck in "tablet mode": I know officially Windows 11 doesn't have the tablet mode, as in Windows 10, anymore. When I use the term "tablet mode", I mean the adjustment in appearance when Windows 11 detects the user to want to use touch bigger buttons, icons, etc..I have a 3 in 1 laptop which can be...
  3. Nuvision Tablet Stuck in Shell

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Nuvision Tablet Stuck in Shell: Hi there2 out of my kids 3 Nuvision tablets are stuck in the Shell screen and resetting with power and volume minus is not working. Here is what it says in the screen:EFI Shell version 2.31 5.8Current running mode 1.1.2 blk0 :BlockDevice - Alias null PciRoot...
  4. Nuvision Tablet Stuck in Shell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nuvision Tablet Stuck in Shell: Hi there2 out of my kids 3 Nuvision tablets are stuck in the Shell screen and resetting with power and volume minus is not working. Here is what it says in the screen:EFI Shell version 2.31 5.8Current running mode 1.1.2 blk0 :BlockDevice - Alias null PciRoot...
  5. Windows 10 stuck in tablet mode.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck in tablet mode.: I have a HP pavilion x360 and it's stuck in tablet mode, meaning the touchpad and the keyboard won't work at all. It's been happening for a while and it used to be that if I just restarted the laptop a few times it would eventually boot up correctly but now it just won't work...
  6. Tablet Stuck On "Restarting"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tablet Stuck On "Restarting": I have a Windows tablet. When I tried to turn it off today it wanted to update. I said okay, but now it has been stuck on "Restarting" for over 3 hours now and I can't even shut it off. I once saw a post with a combination of buttons to push at the same time to turn it...
  7. Laptop stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop stuck in tablet mode: I purchased a Lenovo Yoga 720-13KB in 2017, with Windows 10 It just started automatically going into tablet mode and not allowing me to change it back to desktop/keyboard mode, even though I have the setup parameter set to always open in desktop mode. I have also changed...
  8. Factory reset tablet stuck.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Factory reset tablet stuck.: So I updated my tablet from 8.1-10. There were some issues so i reinstalled some drivers and the issues continued so i did a factory reset. The reset stopped halfway and wont continue. The screen is mostly blank unless i fiddle with some things and a screen comes up...
  9. Stuck on tablet mode?

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck on tablet mode?: Hi. I had problems with autohiding my taskbar and found out that restarting Windows Explorer might help. That was big mistake; after doing that my desktop went full black, only taskbar showing but not working and I restarted my computer. After restarting computer,...
  10. Stuck in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in tablet mode: I have a Toshiba Click 10 lx0w-c-104 that is stuck in tablet mode,can someone please tell me how to revert to computer mode please. 33527