Windows 10: Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

Discus and support Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello guys, first post on the forum, I have modified most of my programs icons in Windows 10 Start menu to get something more homogeneous. I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Florrian, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Florrian Win User

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

Hello guys, first post on the forum,

I have modified most of my programs icons in Windows 10 Start menu to get something more homogeneous. I will upload a print screen for you to see guys. The problem is: I couldn't find a way to modify Microsoft Office apps icons and tiles background. The same applies to Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, and to programs such as DropBox and Chrome.

Do you have suggestions / heard about a way to deal with this?

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles [​IMG]

:)

Florrian, Jun 16, 2016
  2. neilpzz Win User

OFFICE OUTLOOK

OK I see a bit more now.

Looks like the icon for Office 2016 (possibly) and I see a Word icon. Is the Word icon still on your Taskbar. Best thing to do first I think is to make sure Office is installed correctly. Go to Apps and Features using right click Start and select Apps and
    Features at the top. Go down the list of installed apps/programs and look for Microsoft Office, select that and then Modify. You should see a Repair option, select that and then Continue or Next (or whatever allows you to move the process on).

Once that process is completed then open Start and you should see a group of Tiles for MS Office. Select the Outlook Tile and see if it opens your mail. You can right click any of those Tiles to attach them to the Taskbar.

You should be able to access your email via a browser (looks like Chrome in your screenshot) and go to Bigpond emails by going to Telstra Media. (that's what it appears to be using an internet search)

Come back if you need more.

neilpzz, Jun 16, 2016
  3. Office 2013 disappeared after Windows 10 upgrade

Office 2013 was on my computer when I upgraded to Windows 10. All the icons where present and tiles for them too. Today, no tiles, no icons, no evidence of office 2013 being on my computer. However, when I open up office 2013 files (word, excel, ppt, etc.)
    they appear in the program as they should. What is up with that. Office programs do no appear under Programs, not on the start or all apps.

HELP Microsoft!!!!!

NoOffice2013, Jun 16, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

I have Office 2010 on Win10 it has similar icons/tiles. Looking at File Location by right-clicking the Tile, click More, click Open file location then right-click that icon and Properties, shows that the icon can't be changed. I think it's all about the branding, identifying the program involved.

Berton, Jun 16, 2016
  5. Florrian Win User
    EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Jun 16, 2016
  6. Florrian Win User
    To modify both the icons and tiles of programs such as Microsoft Office suite, Mozilla Firefox and Thunderbird, it gets one step trickier than what I explained above. After having creating the shortcut toward the fake homonym app, you need to use Windows Tile Color Changer to change the tile background color. Just click "Change Tile Color" without selecting any to get the automatic background color (orange in my case).

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    5. bis Change tile background color using Windows Tile Color Changer
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

And here is the result:

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles [​IMG]

Florrian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles - Similar Threads - Modify Microsoft Office

2. Modify Windows Icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Modify Windows Icons: So, I need to know where windows 11 icons are stored. Because I want to apply an icon pack and this icon pack has no installers. I need to know which folder or file contains windows 11 icons. If its in a folder the apply process is gonna be quick because I just need to delete...
  3. Modify Windows Icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Modify Windows Icons: So, I need to know where windows 11 icons are stored. Because I want to apply an icon pack and this icon pack has no installers. I need to know which folder or file contains windows 11 icons. If its in a folder the apply process is gonna be quick because I just need to delete...
  4. Size of Image on specific Microsoft Office Tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    Size of Image on specific Microsoft Office Tiles: The start menu appears when I hit the Windows Key. I have the menu organized into Application groups, on of which is Microsoft Office. In this group, the image on the tiles for Word, Excel and Power Point is about 10% of the size of the image for Access, publisher, and...
  5. Tiles and Icons

Tiles and Icons: Why won't my Alienware laptop running an Intel I7-6500U CPU @ 2.50 Ghz, 8 GB ram, 500 GB Hard drive, 64 bit with touch screen. Windows 10 version 1903, with OS build 18362.836. Why won't it save to tiles anymore after last update? Either need ability to have desktop icons or...
  6. Office icons and tiles

Office icons and tiles: I just installed Windows 10. In the start menu, by default, there are live tiles for office apps like Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and some more. When you click some of these, they open up the online Office in a tab in Edge, because clearly, they aren't installed. The thing is,...
  7. Microsoft News tile icon missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft News tile icon missing: My Microsoft News icon has gone blank. How can I restore the picture? ***Original title: Windows 10 News Icon*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-tile-icon-missing/cc773e7c-eee6-49a4-9ac8-8f7ef115d978
  8. Office 365 app tiles not showing icons

Office 365 app tiles not showing icons: Highlighted blank start tiles are, l-r respectively, Office 365 Access, Excel, OneNote, and PowerPoint. I can resize them and see the icons. Until the next time I logout. [IMG] Install was a CTR download, not via Store. You'd think at least the Microsoft stuff would...
  9. No icon on tile

No icon on tile: When I pin the Crome exe to start menu all is well, but if I change the size to small it will lose the icon and tile is faded? Anyone have a fix for this? 32331
  10. Icons and Tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Icons and Tiles: I have wondered why tile has become the key word for what used to be icon? Is there really a difference other than size? Programs have become apps. I know tablets changed our reference words but when an app has more code than some programs isn't it really a program? I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to modify icon office

2. start tiles for microsoft office are blackened

3. MS Office Start Tiles

4. add ms office 16 icons to windows 10 tiles