Windows 10: Modify the temporary user profile

Discus and support Modify the temporary user profile in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mattleythegreat, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Modify the temporary user profile

Hi,

Many family members and their children come to my house and use my laptop. However, several times, they have wrecked my personal user account.

I have setup a local account for this matter, called Visitor. In the users folder, I renamed 'visitor' to 'visitor1', so that the account would reset everytime they logged out, so no damage done to the account.

However, the account comes preloaded with candy crush saga, edge, and all the default start menu layout.

Can I change the temporary account look and feel so that the visitor account logs in with a specific look, with specific apps and tile arrangements?

Thank you

:)

mattleythegreat, Jun 4, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

I'm keeping loosing my documents

That doesn't tell me whether you are being logged in with a temporary profile. In a temporary profile, system configuration changes and files created and modified are forgotten. That's how to suspect that you are not working in your own user profile.

BulldogXX, Jun 4, 2016
  3. How to modify user Microsoft user account profile path

Hi,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you want to modify the User profile path.

Please be informed that, you cannot modify the profile path of the Microsoft user account. As you are signed in to the computer using the Microsoft account, the profile path will make use the Microsoft account details which you provided at the time
    of creating Microsoft account. Anyway, you may perform the below workaround if you wish. Change the details of your Microsoft account by signing in to the Microsoft account through below link.

https://account.microsoft.com/profile#/edit-name

After you modify the details on your Microsoft account, your profile path will change accordingly after signing into the computer.

Note: If you are signed in to the Local account, you can modify the profile path as it is not connected to the Microsoft account.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 4, 2016
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Modify the temporary user profile

Brink, Jun 5, 2016
  5. Hi,

It appears the video you've linked me is for Windows 10 Pro, and I have Windows 10 Home.

mattleythegreat, Jun 5, 2016
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    The tutorial can be done in all editions of Windows 10.

Brink, Jun 6, 2016
  7. Sorry for my misunderstanding

Thank you this has resolved my issue

mattleythegreat, Jun 6, 2016
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

No problem. I'm glad it could help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Modify the temporary user profile - Similar Threads - Modify temporary user

2. cant login to temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    cant login to temporary user profile: Out of the blue this morning, when I turned on my PC I got that "You have been logged in with a temporary profile" message. I can't log off and log in with another user because there is only one option to choose from..When I click on Computer - Local Disk C: - Users, it...
  3. cant login to temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant login to temporary user profile: Out of the blue this morning, when I turned on my PC I got that "You have been logged in with a temporary profile" message. I can't log off and log in with another user because there is only one option to choose from..When I click on Computer - Local Disk C: - Users, it...
  4. cant login to temporary user profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  6. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't sign in Temporary User profile: After installing the latest update I can sign in to my Windows 10 computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-sign-in-temporary-user-profile/f67f2dd4-2796-45be-8023-4f1daa313e3a
  7. Can't sign in Temporary User profile

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Temporary user profile

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Temporary user profile: How do I change a temporary profile to a permanent one so that I don't lose settings and data every time I close down? I tried A. User's instruction but I got stuck at the net user administrator /active:yes command. This started when I tried to block certain websites by...
  9. User profile temporary sign-in issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    User profile temporary sign-in issue: WHY has this update been released when the Build 20226 issue was already known? I cannot log into my normal account and do not have any programming knowledge, so I cannot apply the 'workarounds' I've found on the internet. I am FURIOUS with the amount of time I have wasted...
  10. Domain users are getting a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Support
    Domain users are getting a temporary profile: Clean install of Windows10_InsiderPreview_x64_EN-US_10074 After joining domain non admin users are getting a temporary profile and the start menu will not work. did not have this issue on earlier builds My domain admin user account is working fine 6935