Windows 10: Modifying an old driver (inf file) to work with Win10?

Discus and support Modifying an old driver (inf file) to work with Win10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an old UPS Powerware 9120 that used to work with on Win7 x64 with XP or Vista x64 drivers. However win10 refuses to work with the same inf file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GoodTimesAhead, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Modifying an old driver (inf file) to work with Win10?

I have an old UPS Powerware 9120 that used to work with on Win7 x64 with XP or Vista x64 drivers. However win10 refuses to work with the same inf file so I was wondering whether it's possible to write some lines in the file to make it work. I'm attaching the file and any help would be appreciated.

:)

GoodTimesAhead, Jan 2, 2016
  2. EdwinSurf Win User

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I've made my Guillemot Force Feedback Wheel (Thrustmaster) working in Windows 10 64bit

here are the steps i took ..

I modified the Guillemot_RaceLeaderFFBWheel_XP_Vista_Seven(SP1)_v2.8.1 driver from Guillemot_RaceLeaderFFBWheel_XP_Vista_Seven(SP1)_v2.8.1.exe

to make the 2 keypads on the wheel working (changed .inf files)

My modified Driver Thrustmaster Windows1064bit

To remove the BSOD with KMODE_EXCEXPTION_NOT_HANDLED error you have to remove any old unsigned drivers for this device

To do this download Driver Explorer

Remove:

- gimw2spa.inf

- gimw2enu.inf

- gimw2dut.inf

- thru2.inf

- thru1.inf

- wheel1.inf

- wheel2.inf

Now reboot the systemen with "shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 0" or <SHIFT>-Restart

Now choose <Solve Problems> - <Startup settingS> - <Restart> - <7. disable force of driver signing >

Now start "Install.exe" ad ADMINISTRATOR from the driver, choose THRUSTMASTER

and install drivers (reply YES in red windows).

Now the wheel should work Modifying an old driver (inf file) to work with Win10? :)

EdwinSurf, Jan 2, 2016
  3. CAN'T UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 BECAUSE NVIDIA Quadro NVS 285 IS INCOMPATIBLE

By modifying the driver inf file and allowing Windows to run unsigned drivers, it is possible to run Windows 10 with this GPU.

Running this for a few months now, no problems.

Jan-Willem de Bruyn, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

Modifying an old driver (inf file) to work with Win10?

1. Modifying an old driver (inf file) to work with Win10? - Similar Threads - Modifying old driver

2. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some general driver inf file questions: I'm trying to update a driver from windows 7 to windows 10. The drier will only be installed on systems with intel chips.1. Microsoft requires that the .inf file contain a NTamd64 but doesn't require a NTia64 section. Isn't NTia64 what I want, considering that it is for...
  3. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some general driver inf file questions: I'm trying to update a driver from windows 7 to windows 10. The drier will only be installed on systems with intel chips.1. Microsoft requires that the .inf file contain a NTamd64 but doesn't require a NTia64 section. Isn't NTia64 what I want, considering that it is for...
  4. Some general driver inf file questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Touchpad or mouse INF file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad or mouse INF file: Hello,I'm trying to make a WinPE-based bootable media but find that touchpad or mouse no longer works with it. I think I need to insert the right INF file into it but am having difficulty finding the INF file. I tried "msmouse.inf" but it didn't work and is also quite...
  6. Help to change INF file for install drivers in windows 10

Help to change INF file for install drivers in windows 10: Hi everyone. I have an USB wireless adapter, ID MQ4WUG2400, and the update driverstopped on windows XP version. I used it until windows 7 but I cannot in windows 10. I would like help to change the INF file to enable the installation in windows 10. The driver files are in...
  7. inf file access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    inf file access: WIN 10 home 64 I have an .inf file in windows/sys32/driverstore/.... can't get access to update a couple of lines to enable driver recognition on my DAW console I have installed a file unlock app, still can't get sys access what are my options?...
  8. inf file not found error

inf file not found error: When i install the amd software it shows inf file not found and stops win10 pro AMD R5 M230 Pls help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inf-file-not-found-error/8139e499-d773-468d-8719-669652e73e73
  9. AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file)

AMD chipset driver installation error (Missing Inf file): Hi guys trying to update my AMD drivers and im getting these 2 errors shown in the screenshot. What's going on? I should mention im running a 3700x on a x470 motherboard, an asus prime pro x470 with an NVIDIA GTX 1070 I installed their chipset driers but it seems to have come...
  10. How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?: The Problem: - Latest Windows 10 (home) Update... Enlarges Icons - Resizing results in wrong aspect ratio... (Icons wider than they should be and looking funny) Restore files affected include 3 files relative to AMD display - oem6.inf - oem76.inf - oem77.inf ( I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. old inf file windows 10

2. powerware 9120 driver windows 10

3. win 10 drivers modifying inf crc error

4. modifying windows driver .inf,
  5. modify win10 to change chipset drivers