Windows 10: Money is king @ Microsoft ?

Discus and support Money is king @ Microsoft ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Microsoft has made many versions of Windows. They put out Windows Updates to fix the bugs in the systems. Then they put out a new version for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by David Bailey, Jan 15, 2014.

1. Money is king @ Microsoft ?

Microsoft has made many versions of Windows.

They put out Windows Updates to fix the bugs in the systems.

Then they put out a new version for hundreds of $$$s.

Then put out Windows Updates, etc., etc. .

They do things this way to keep making money.

If they just put out one version & supplied free Windows Updates, they would make no money except from sales of computers with the OS already installed.

This goes back to the dealings with IBM.

Read up on that if you wish.

Bill knew there was more money in software than hardware.
    He was shrewed.

I have been rambling a bit.

The point I am thinking about is the Free upgrade thing with Windows 8.1 & possibly Windows 9.

This is a major change in corporate strategy.

This is a good move.

It will enhance public opinion about Microsoft in a positive manner.

Whether they are doing this out of the kindness of their very rich heart or not, it will help people with little money.

Maybe they figure they have made enough Billions$$$ they can afford to be nice to their customers.

I'm through speculating.(& ranting) *Smile

:)

David Bailey, Jan 15, 2014

2. In game purchase fail

I recently purchased blue orbs within the mobile game "king of thieves" yet I never received them even though the money had been taken from my bank.

mickharrild, Jan 15, 2014
  3. Enthusiasm Waning for Windows Phone

I agree, but it's not up to us. I find it insane that King hasn't brought Candy Crush for instance, it can't possibly be hard enough to port that it wouldn't be worth the money, however if they say no then there's really nothing to be done.

fredgiblet, Jan 15, 2014
  4. A Guy Win User

Money is king @ Microsoft ?

If they go to a subscription formula for their apps, then they want to keep the OS up and running so you can buy apps. It's like a game console, they want you to keep buying the games.

A Guy, Jan 15, 2014
  5. bigseb Win User
    lol... I doubt that. These big companies only have one strategy... profit.

bigseb, Jan 15, 2014
  6. strollin Win User
    Correction, ALL companies have one strategy... profit. Otherwise, why be in business?

strollin, Jan 15, 2014
  7. David Bailey, Jan 15, 2014
  8. Money is king @ Microsoft ?

I'd be surprised if Windows 9 ends up being free. It would be nice but I'm not holding my breath on that one. IMHO 8.1 was free because there would have been a big outcry if it wasn't. 8.1 fixes what were perceived as flaws in 8.0. If you already bought 8.0 and then had to pony up again for 8.1 you likely wouldn't have been a happy camper. I think Microsoft realized that and did the in good faith thing. The next update 8.1.1 or what ever it ends up being, will most likely be a free update too.

alphanumeric, Jan 15, 2014
  9. Nice idea but the majority of people who want the software are not non-profit, they are business's who are in business to make money, much the same as Microsoft are.

Most of the people who are in the public sector and want the software I know don't make profit from it they just want to use it on their own home machines.

Maybe make the software cheaper for those but I certainly don't see it being made free.

Joan Archer, Jan 15, 2014
  10. By the posts I read in forums, people are not happy with the way Microsoft does business.

Hopefully they will soon take note of that fact & start doing better.

They need to be visited by the ghosts of Christmas Past, Present, & Future.

Then maybe they would not have a "Bah, Humbug" attitude.

After all, what does it profit a company to gain the world & lose its soul ?

If all businesses were like that, it would truly be a sad culture to live in.

Wake up Microsoft ! Be nice. *Smile

David Bailey, Jan 15, 2014
  11. bigseb Win User
    Kind of what I meant but yeah you're right.

Personally I don't mind paying I just wish it were cheaper. I use Windows 7 Professional on all 3 of my PC's. Thats R2500 per PC just for the OS. Ouch.

bigseb, Jan 15, 2014
  12. Is that approx. $75.00 US Dollars?

The Howling Wolves, Jan 15, 2014
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

There is a lot of money to be made with software. Problem is that is comes in bursts - or not at all like Windows 8. A subscription scheme yields a more even revenue flow.

I would not be amazed if MS went down this route. They probably have learned their lesson from the Windows 8 disaster and are looking for ways to smoothen their cashflow.

14. It seems like Microsoft is more interested in making money than customer satisfaction.

David Bailey, Feb 1, 2014
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
    I doubt that. The one goes with the other. They are just a big ship difficult to turn around.

Thema:

1. Money is king @ Microsoft ? - Similar Threads - Money king Microsoft

2. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Money: Will MIcrosoft Money be available in Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/231a343e-68c3-41b2-91a4-06d0f48324c9
  3. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Money: Will MIcrosoft Money be available in Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/231a343e-68c3-41b2-91a4-06d0f48324c9
  4. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Money: Hi How can I set the program up so that credits to an account are shown before debits on the same day? At the moment debits are being entered which shows the account in the red only to be in the black when my salary is entered. Any assistance would be appreciated...
  5. microsoft money

microsoft money: I know this was discontinued in 2009, I had sunset but it crashed and the disc is no longer works I loved this program just to keep track of my money spending and to reconcile my bank account at the end of the month. thats all I use it for and thats all I need...
  6. Microsoft Money

Microsoft Money: I am using Microsoft Money in Windows 10 Build 19559. It works fine. However if Internet Explorer is removed will it continue to work. It is my understanding that Internet Explorer will be retired after Microsoft Edge is completely implemented....
  7. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft Money: HI,Everyone I have just acquired windows !0 and have downloaded Microsoft Money the new version and it keeps opening money on start up ,can I prevent this,many thanks Dave newbe...
  8. king

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    king: solve cg dg error in windows 10 home eddition https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/king/84bd3707-a5a6-46aa-9e2b-6b06ef78fe54
  9. Microsoft Money

Microsoft Money: Is there a Canadian version of Microsoft Money? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-money/5bc7f813-7c2d-4dfe-9c47-8597b7fb501b
  10. Microsoft Money

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Money: I have just got a new laptop. I have been using Microsoft Money 2005 for years. I have loaded the newest version Money Plus from the Microsoft site, however it will NOT open my 'my money2.mny' file, the error message I keep getting is ' Money Can't open this file because it...