Windows 10: Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

Discus and support Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My grandmother's Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop PC is not coming out of sleep mode correctly. It's either the monitor is going bad, or the tower and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Oct 12, 2017.

1. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

My grandmother's Dell Inspiron 3650 desktop PC is not coming out of sleep mode correctly. It's either the monitor is going bad, or the tower and monitor aren't wanting to communicate with each other.

Please help, ASAP!

Thanks! *Smile

:)

Jesse Williams, Oct 12, 2017

2. Message "Tablet mode isn't available while your device is connected to multiple displays"

I have two touch screen monitors attached to my computer, a Dell S2340T, and an Acer FT220HCL. When I start windows 10, I get the above message, and the Calibrate.. and Reset.. buttons for the Acer monitor are greyed out, when I open "Tablet PC Settings".
    Both monitors worked fine together with touch under Windows 8.1. The computer recognizes that there is touch happening on the Acer Monitor, but it maps feedback onto the Dell screen. How do I get this to work correctly?

AllanThorpe, Oct 12, 2017
  3. Problem with Headphone Jacks on New PC

Hi

I've got a new PC (Lenovo tower, Win10) and monitor (NOC Freesync 144HZ).

The tower has a headphone jack on it, and the monitor does too. I'd like to use my earphones (just generic Sennheiser earphones) to listen to music, and I'd like to plug them into the tower, as its easer, closer and more in reach than the monitor jack (it's
    very cack-handed to plug it in on the back of the monitor!)

My problem is that when I plug them into the tower and try playing music, the sound comes out of the monitor's built in speakers, yet when I plug them into the monitor, the sound comes to the earphones like it should.

How to I set it so that I can plug my earphones into the tower and not have any sound coming out of the monitor speakers?

Thanks in advance

James

SingingNinjas, Oct 12, 2017
  4. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

If you restart it do both work OK?

Josey Wales, Oct 12, 2017
  5. Yes. After I manually press the button.

6. Check your Power settings in the Control Panel they should be set like below:

Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly [​IMG]

7. Okay. I will try that and will post back if it doesn't work.

8. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

OK thanks

9. Jesse Williams, Oct 12, 2017
  10. Josey Wales, Oct 12, 2017
  11. I installed a BIOS update, and that seemed to have fixed the issue.

12. Plankton Win User
    Nice.....while you were on Dell support/driver webpage did you check for any other driver updates that may be needed?

Plankton, Oct 12, 2017
  13. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

I am glad that you got this sorted out. I would check Dell's site from time to time for updates.

14. Yes. It had a Chipset driver update.

Jesse Williams, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly

1. Monitor and Tower not working together, correctly - Similar Threads - Monitor Tower working

2. External Monitors wont work together

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Monitors wont work together: So, I am running a surface pro 7+ with Windows 11 and the MS Surface Dock 1With all cables checked and swapped around etc, the problem persists.If I plug in one monitor, it'll turn on and extended the desktop and all working great, however if I then plug in the 2nd external...
  3. External Monitors wont work together

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Monitors wont work together: So, I am running a surface pro 7+ with Windows 11 and the MS Surface Dock 1With all cables checked and swapped around etc, the problem persists.If I plug in one monitor, it'll turn on and extended the desktop and all working great, however if I then plug in the 2nd external...
  4. How to connect two monitors together off computer tower

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to connect two monitors together off computer tower: I have a sky tech gaming tower, i am trying to connect two monitors . One is a samsung, other is a ONN. I have used a hdmi adapter one female to two malesI have also used a VGA cable , they are turning on my main screen not the other how can i fix this issue?...
  5. How to connect two monitors together off computer tower

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to connect two monitors together off computer tower: I have a sky tech gaming tower, i am trying to connect two monitors . One is a samsung, other is a ONN. I have used a hdmi adapter one female to two malesI have also used a VGA cable , they are turning on my main screen not the other how can i fix this issue?...
  6. How to connect two monitors together off computer tower

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My monitors are not working correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    My monitors are not working correctly: I have my monitors on the correct configuration in the display setting. number one the left and number 2 on the right, but the monitors stay as number 2 on the left and 1 on the right when i try and change them. they wont change no matter what i try. Any Suggestions?...
  8. HDMI Monitor not working correctly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI Monitor not working correctly: I have an ASUS laptop with Windows 10, all updates. I bought a Sceptre F27 monitor that connects with HDMI. When I plug in the monitor, the system adds the monitor under Device Manage using Generic PnP Monitor, which *should* work because there are no manufacturer drivers for...
  9. Virtual desktops & dual monitors doesn't work quite well together

Virtual desktops & dual monitors doesn't work quite well together: When I go Win+Tab I always have to move a couple of windows to my other virtual desktop when I start my computer. That's fine. But sometimes when I try to do that, it crashes back to the normal desktop as soon as I try to grab a window while in Win+Tab mode. So as soon as I...
  10. pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor: new pc, monitor speakers will not make sound. Test runs for specific notification sounds show spike in volume in settings >sound, media player with audio cd will not sound, all troubleshooting processes didn't fix problem. HDMI cable from tower to monitor ok. Speakers present...