Windows 10: monitor brightness

Discus and support monitor brightness in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do you change the brightness for a monitor attached to your windows 10 computer?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PurplePrincess123, Aug 20, 2018.

1. monitor brightness

How do you change the brightness for a monitor attached to your windows 10 computer?

:)

PurplePrincess123, Aug 20, 2018

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Aug 20, 2018
  3. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
  4. monitor brightness

Screen brightness unadjustable

Hello,

As you are facing issues with changing the brightness on your device after upgrading to Windows 10, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

monitor brightness

1. monitor brightness - Similar Threads - monitor brightness

2. Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable by any means to adjust brightness on monitor screen: The buttons on my AOC monitor don't work. Online instructions for adjusting the brightness in Windows don't work. I'm stuck with a level of brightness that's making my eyes sore. Any suggestions?...
  3. Hey people. My night light returns to normal brightness when i wake up the monitor?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hey people. My night light returns to normal brightness when i wake up the monitor?: Hello. I have my night light set to come on at 9pm every night. My screen is set to turn off on battery after after 3 minutes, However, when i Wake up the screen the brightness returns to normal and i have to manually set the night light again. Is there a fix for this?...
  4. why is my brightness on my monitor so low untul i restart it?

why is my brightness on my monitor so low untul i restart it?: why is my brightness so low on my monitor ,that I have to restart it? how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-brightness-on-my-monitor-so-low-untul-i/618c1bb8-4bd7-46e2-8501-40c8031f56af
  5. Answered: How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.

Answered: How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.: Hi All, I saw this post/question, original question by DaveDRAFT: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-adjust-brightness-on-external-monitor-in/1ac17cfe-a9a6-4750-85ca-ac67aac89dfd since perculiarly microsoft doesn't let me comment on the above...
  6. How to adjust monitor brightness

How to adjust monitor brightness: Monitor is a Dell S2419H and is way to bright. I can find no way to adjust its brightness using the On Screen Display or using the Display Settings of Win 10. I'm sure there must be a way but I just can't find it. Will someone please give me a hand? Thank you. 129234
  7. I can't set monitor's brightness

I can't set monitor's brightness: My device is Lenovo ThinkPad 13. I can't change my monitor's brightness from the keyboard shortcut and from Settings. All drivers are up to date. Recently I had similar troubles. My keyboard didn't work 2 weeks ago but it was solved by updating the driver. Just yesterday my...
  8. How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.

How to adjust brightness on external monitor, IN OPERATING SYSTEM.: Is there a way to change the brightness on an external monitor hooked up to my Surface? The brightness slider under display settings is grayed out. (Windows 10) I can adjust the brightness through the buttons on the monitor itself but it's a terrible interface. This is...
  9. Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix.

Monitor has become to bright and print cannot be read easily despite my trying to fix.: In the past week my Samsung monitor has become to bright and it now makes reading screen so hard. I have attempted to fix it but somehow it won't work. How can I restore the display defaults?...
  10. how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings

how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings: how do I turn down brightness on ACER monitor. No brightness button in Display on Settings https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-down-brightness-on-acer-monitor-no/be9375ed-e975-4b2c-877d-af10db54de46