Windows 10: Monitor dims at 6 AM

Discus and support Monitor dims at 6 AM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HardwareMan, Jul 9, 2018.

1. HardwareMan Win User

Monitor dims at 6 AM

Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management and tried suggestions I have seen on line from other users. This is a desktop and not a laptop, so it is always plugged in.
    HP Envy All-in-One 27b1xx with all updates form Windows and HP.

:)

HardwareMan, Jul 9, 2018
  2. corvette65 Win User

Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Jul 9, 2018
  3. corvette65 Win User
    Monitor Dim and Flickers

Thanks Andre,

I did the check for recommended settings in the display and that did no good. Since my cpu is new, I had dell support services install the new driver which has only made things worse (before I only had the screen flickering problem) now I have the dimness
    and the screen flickering problem. My next step sounds like buy a new monitor. I will go to Wal-Mart and buy a cheap one. If that solves the problem I will keep it, if it doesn't then I will return it and contact dell again. I don't like Dell, they are so
    slow!

corvette65, Jul 9, 2018
  4. NeilSantos Win User

Monitor dims at 6 AM

Dim Desktop Monitor when no windows open

I followed the steps you suggested. The troubleshooter noted and made two changes. It changed the Power Plan from High Performance to Balanced and it reduced the screen turn off time from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. After rebooting, the same problem occurs.
    No change to the screen dimming.

I did notice that, among the items that it checked but did not change was, "Time before display dims is too long" . However, I cannot find anywhere that I can set the time before the display dims. The only display options under PowerOptions>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced
    Settings>+Display are to set the time before the display turns off and enabling adaptive brightness.

NeilSantos, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Monitor dims at 6 AM

1. Monitor dims at 6 AM - Similar Threads - Monitor dims

2. Monitor flickering when TV is off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor flickering when TV is off: Hi everybody, I have a problem of monitor flickering, I searched for hours and didn't find any solution, if somemone has one, it will be wonderfull. First, this is my setup : - GTX 980 with 1 DVI, 3 DisplayPort and 1 HDMI - GTX 980 connected to monitor ROG PG279Q via...
  3. My Monitor Settings Are Messed Up.

My Monitor Settings Are Messed Up.: Split from this thread. My factory colors have changed and U can not see anything... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/my-monitor-settings-are-messed-up/8173aca1-3ee5-4ed2-b1f9-f5efc6b6a8be
  4. Somehow, when looking at my monitor, everything is upside down

in Windows 10 Customization
    Somehow, when looking at my monitor, everything is upside down: When looking at my monitor, everything is upside down https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/somehow-when-looking-at-my-monitor-everything-is/4fbae888-b7a7-4dca-8515-cb16620bb109
  5. Setting up an additional monitor to laptop

Setting up an additional monitor to laptop: I am attempting to set up an additional monitor to my laptop for work so I can see two different screens at once. I hooked the new monitor up via an HDMI cord to the laptop, went to display in settings but it won't let me change anything. It keeps showing me the same thing...
  6. Monitor resolution is not compatable with windows 10.

Monitor resolution is not compatable with windows 10.: How do I set the windows resolution to agree with the monitors resolution of 1920x1080? Windows will go to this setting but quickly reverts to another setting. This back and forth change is ongoing. I have auto set the monitor to 1920x1080. Any help would be...
  7. Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.

Open app on same monitor that I used Start Menu to open the app.: Right now Windows remembers the monitor that you last shutdown the program in, and when you reopen the app, it reopens it in that same position. HOWEVER, nowadays, I use web apps which all run in a browser. That means I have 4 different browser windows open across 2 or 3...
  8. No Audio with new monitor or PC ?

No Audio with new monitor or PC ?: [img] My old monitor i have sound. But with this new monitor, there appears to be no sound. Its a HP 32 . Here is the page for it im sure . HP 32s Display - Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support I have a DELL XPS with a graphics card and audio and stuff....
  9. install driver for monitor

install driver for monitor: install driver for monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/install-driver-for-monitor/520e4d26-d7bb-4986-a61c-79459781d48e
  10. Monitor dims at 6 AM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor dims at 6 AM: Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management...