Monitor dims at 6 AM

Discus and support Monitor dims at 6 AM in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by HardwareMan, Jul 9, 2018.

1. HardwareMan Win User

Monitor dims at 6 AM

Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management and tried suggestions I have seen on line from other users. This is a desktop and not a laptop, so it is always plugged in.
    HP Envy All-in-One 27b1xx with all updates form Windows and HP.

:)

HardwareMan, Jul 9, 2018
  2. corvette65 Win User

Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Jul 9, 2018
  3. corvette65 Win User
    Monitor Dim and Flickers

Thanks Andre,

I did the check for recommended settings in the display and that did no good. Since my cpu is new, I had dell support services install the new driver which has only made things worse (before I only had the screen flickering problem) now I have the dimness
    and the screen flickering problem. My next step sounds like buy a new monitor. I will go to Wal-Mart and buy a cheap one. If that solves the problem I will keep it, if it doesn't then I will return it and contact dell again. I don't like Dell, they are so
    slow!

corvette65, Jul 9, 2018
  4. NeilSantos Win User

Monitor dims at 6 AM

Dim Desktop Monitor when no windows open

I followed the steps you suggested. The troubleshooter noted and made two changes. It changed the Power Plan from High Performance to Balanced and it reduced the screen turn off time from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. After rebooting, the same problem occurs.
    No change to the screen dimming.

I did notice that, among the items that it checked but did not change was, "Time before display dims is too long" . However, I cannot find anywhere that I can set the time before the display dims. The only display options under PowerOptions>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced
    Settings>+Display are to set the time before the display turns off and enabling adaptive brightness.

NeilSantos, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Monitor dims at 6 AM

1. Monitor dims at 6 AM - Similar Threads - Monitor dims

2. Report from Reliability Monitor - 3 items stopped working. Taskbar problems, Class not...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Report from Reliability Monitor - 3 items stopped working. Taskbar problems, Class not...: Hi Guys I am having problems out of no where. I am using Windows home 10. The start button, search and taskbar icons not working. Microsoft edge not working. I have tried many different things such as restarting windows, doing sfc scan. I checked the Report from...
  3. Can only scroll left in Reliability Monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Can only scroll left in Reliability Monitor: So Reliability Monitor gives me a report on the stability of my computer. By default it presents the stability index on a day-to-day basis. I can view older reports by clicking on the Scroll Left triangle. When done, I want to Scroll Right again, but it wont let me. The mouse...
  4. 2nd Monitor clarity

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2nd Monitor clarity: On my Surface Book 2 I have added a 2nd monitor, and with many struggles have been able to make it work. But, the clarity is poor. I have selected the best resolution for the display. Does anyone have any solutions?...
  5. Monitor stoped being requeconized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor stoped being requeconized: I recently bought a monitor and now i have two, they worked great one was 60hz the other 140hz, i had no issues execpt for yesterday when i shwitched from exstended displays to show olny 1, that worked, but when i switched it back it would not recondize my monitor (144hz) at...
  6. Monitor arm question

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor arm question: Hi everyone, I had a question about compatibility with the following Monitor arm with my two monitors, I see the arm has support for 75x75 and 100x100 which my monitors are that size separately. I have the one ultra wide monitor and wasn't sure if that would clear it with the...
  7. Poor smoothing on 1080p second monitor from laptop with Hi-Res display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Poor smoothing on 1080p second monitor from laptop with Hi-Res display: I think the title pretty much sums it up - no matter how many times I go through the cleartype tuner on the external monitor, the text on it always looks jagged and not crisp at all, images aren't much better either. My laptop screen is fine. For reference the laptop is a...
  8. Monitor arm question

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor arm question: Hi everyone, I had a question about compatibility with the following Monitor arm with my two monitors, I see the arm has support for 75x75 and 100x100 which my monitors are that size separately. I have the one ultra wide monitor and wasn't sure if that would clear it with the...
  9. New monitor, old computer?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    New monitor, old computer?: I have an older computer that I haven't updated in a long time. I recently bought a monitor that connects to the computer via DisplayPort or an HDMI. Plugged the DisplayPort cable into the computer and the monitor says no input connected. My guess is the video card is...
  10. Monitor dims at 6 AM

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor dims at 6 AM: Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management...