Windows 10: Monitor dims at 6 AM

Discus and support Monitor dims at 6 AM in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by HardwareMan, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Monitor dims at 6 AM

Every morning my monitor brightness level will go all the way to the dimmest level at precisely 6am. How can I stop this? This is a new computer, so not sure if it is a Windows function, an Intel function, or an HP function causing it. I have looked in the power management and tried suggestions I have seen on line from other users. This is a desktop and not a laptop, so it is always plugged in.
    HP Envy All-in-One 27b1xx with all updates form Windows and HP.

:)

HardwareMan, Jul 9, 2018

2. Monitor Dim and Flickers

I have a new Dell Inspiron 3668 cpu and running it with my old Dell ST2010 I have run the windows "troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10" from Windows help. When I go to task Mngr. it still flickers. So, I uninstalled the display driver as suggested
    and then ran the "Check for updates". The problem still remains. Any further suggestions?? My next step is to just replace the monitor and assume Windows 10 will not run it!

corvette65, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Monitor Dim and Flickers

Thanks Andre,

I did the check for recommended settings in the display and that did no good. Since my cpu is new, I had dell support services install the new driver which has only made things worse (before I only had the screen flickering problem) now I have the dimness
    and the screen flickering problem. My next step sounds like buy a new monitor. I will go to Wal-Mart and buy a cheap one. If that solves the problem I will keep it, if it doesn't then I will return it and contact dell again. I don't like Dell, they are so
    slow!

corvette65, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Monitor dims at 6 AM

Dim Desktop Monitor when no windows open

I followed the steps you suggested. The troubleshooter noted and made two changes. It changed the Power Plan from High Performance to Balanced and it reduced the screen turn off time from 30 minutes to 10 minutes. After rebooting, the same problem occurs.
    No change to the screen dimming.

I did notice that, among the items that it checked but did not change was, "Time before display dims is too long" . However, I cannot find anywhere that I can set the time before the display dims. The only display options under PowerOptions>Edit Plan Settings>Advanced
    Settings>+Display are to set the time before the display turns off and enabling adaptive brightness.

NeilSantos, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Monitor dims at 6 AM

1. Monitor dims at 6 AM - Similar Threads - Monitor dims

2. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  3. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  4. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 11 Update - Monitors have gone very dim

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Update - Monitors have gone very dim: After the most recent Windows 11 updates both of my monitors have gone very dim and I am unable to restore the brightness. Looking through Google changing the adaptive brightness seems to be one solution, but I don't have an adaptive brightness option....
  6. Windows 11 Update - Monitors have gone very dim

Windows 11 Update - Monitors have gone very dim: After the most recent Windows 11 updates both of my monitors have gone very dim and I am unable to restore the brightness. Looking through Google changing the adaptive brightness seems to be one solution, but I don't have an adaptive brightness option....
  7. Laptop display dims when using applications on my monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop display dims when using applications on my monitor: Hi, Just recently my laptop screen has been dimming when ive been opening and running anything on my monitor display. the type of dimming where an application is being prioritized and the background is dark. To bring the brightness back to normal I either have to be using it...
  8. Laptop display dims when using applications on my monitor

Laptop display dims when using applications on my monitor: Hi, Just recently my laptop screen has been dimming when ive been opening and running anything on my monitor display. the type of dimming where an application is being prioritized and the background is dark. To bring the brightness back to normal I either have to be using it...
  9. When splitting screens on the same monitor, the inactive window automatically dims. Can...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When splitting screens on the same monitor, the inactive window automatically dims. Can...: Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-splitting-screens-on-the-same-monitor-the/8626fcc5-0da3-42d3-a326-c43f1363f3f0
  10. When splitting screens on the same monitor, the inactive window automatically dims. Can...

When splitting screens on the same monitor, the inactive window automatically dims. Can...: Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-splitting-screens-on-the-same-monitor-the/8626fcc5-0da3-42d3-a326-c43f1363f3f0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. display turn dims around 6am

2. monitor goes dim everyday at 6 am

3. monitor dims every morning