Windows 10: Monitor does not turn off

Discus and support Monitor does not turn off in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this? 17496 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jawmendr, Aug 18, 2015.

1. jawmendr Win User

Monitor does not turn off

Monitor is set to go black in 20 minutes, It does not turn off. I am aware that others have the same problem. Is there a solution for this?

:)

jawmendr, Aug 18, 2015
  2. Zagadka Win User

One monitor turns off on sleep mode on Windows 10

Old title: One monitor turns off on sleep mode

So I have a dual monitor setup, Win10 x64. I had a previous install, which worked fine on both monitors. They are supposed to turn off the display after 15 minutes.

After a clean install, they turn off after 15 minutes - but one of them turns power off completely, moving everything on it to the other monitor.

I have checked power settings. Definitely does not say power off, and anyway, it only happens to my one monitor, not the other. They both worked fine physically before.

Zagadka, Aug 18, 2015
  3. drcsuefl Win User
    Monitor Shutdown

I am running Windows 10 on a Sony All in One computer. The monitor does not turn off. It used to. I have it set up to turn off monitor after 15 minutes of non use. Can anyone help with this issue?

drcsuefl, Aug 18, 2015
  4. Harpert Win User

after first install or changes in that department, Windows sometimes get confused.
    We develop game shows for TV and it sometimes takes me up to 3 restarts before all my monitors stay ON forever.
    For a game show we don't want andy monitor to ever turn black, but the issue is the same

Make sure the power profile you changed is also the one that is active (we always delete all other profiles just to be sure)
    Make sure the changes are what you want
    Restart your PC and test.
    If it does not work at once, check the setting (no changes) and restart
    after 2 - 3 restarts your issue will be solved *Smile

with today's LED monitors there is no need to switch them off anymore
    I just switch off the power to the monitor when done working but leave my office PC on always

Good luck

Harpert, Aug 18, 2015
  5. hattrik21 Win User
    Do you have any USB joysticks plugged in? If so try unplugging it to see if that corrects it. If not, what USB devices do you have? It might be one of them. It's all trial and error at this point.

hattrik21, Aug 18, 2015
  6. My solution to sleep mode issues was to do an in-place upgrade (repair) over the top of my clean installed. I've yet to find a problem with anything after the in-place upgrade. It just works!

fracking4oil, Aug 18, 2015
  7. Hello jawmendr Welcome to the Ten Forums! *Smile

That's an interesting new one so far heard about 10! Have you gone into the Start>Settings>System>Power & Sleep options yet? Besides the two immediate turn monitor after so many and when to sleep option there's an advanced section where you can choose a plan or create a custom power scheme where you go through a list of options for things like the hard drive, wake up call, hibernate, sleep, usb, display, and even media playback.

Monitor does not turn off [​IMG]

When looking at the screen to the right there you will notice the advanced settings link under each separate default plan while you can also save and set your own custom power plan by first going through these other sections. You can try setting the display first to "never" if you find it set for the default 15 minutes or 22 minutes and then going back after a full system restart to set the amount of time the display will turn off in. That may refresh the settings for you provided there isn't any other bug to find in the upgrade to 10.

Night Hawk, Aug 18, 2015
  8. Pinefang Win User

I found that my screen off issue was caused by my CH Products game controllers. When I unplug them all works as I set them to.

Pinefang, Nov 11, 2015
  9. Something with your game controllers was apparently remaining active while you were away! Often an automated rythm like a sound track playing in the background as a game sits idle will keep Windows awake and something calling for display time. You might not even see anything displayed while Windows will be fooled into thinking there is by detecting a rather subtle signal trace.

Night Hawk, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor does not turn off - Similar Threads - Monitor does turn

2. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  3. Monitor turns off & on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off & on: Hello, it's more than a 2 weeks that my monitor is turn off randomly and turn on it's only happening one timeit's happening always when I'm starting to work with the PC I just surf in the internet.I got a brand new PC with brand new monitor, and everything is updated! From...
  4. Monitors turning off.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitors turning off.: Hello! I am using 2 monitors on my RX480 8 gb GPU. But recently i got a problem, randomly, my monitors are going black and they have no response, i can still hear everything but I cannot see anything either. I tried using the shortcut to reset the graphics driver but still...
  5. turn monitor off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    turn monitor off: How to turn monitor off imediatelly after pc boot up so it's not On for 20 minutes after pc boots up. I don't want to change power settings because for the rest of the time it should be like it is in settings it turns off after 20 minutes of inactivity. I tried nircmd and...
  6. Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam Turning off when monitor turns off: Hello, I am trying to record video from my webcam while my monitor is turned off but everytime i turn off my monitor, the webcam turns off aswell. How do I fix this issue?...
  7. Monitor Not Turning Off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor Not Turning Off: Recently whenever I lock my computer my left monitor turns off when it sleeps, but my main monitor just goes black and stays on. Is there a way to fix this? submitted by /u/Bland_Biscuit [link] [comments]...
  8. Turn off Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Turn off Monitor: How to turn off the monitor ? It's impossible with Windows settings ! [Original Title: Monitor] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/turn-off-monitor/049f875b-88bc-4203-9d59-bc561a18167f
  9. Monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor turns off: This happened sometimes in Windows 8.1 and still happens in Windows 10. I went into settings and changed when to turn off monitor to never and put this computer to sleep to never so why does the monitor turn off after no activity anyway? 11252
  10. Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut for turning monitor off does not work anymore.: I have an Acer Aspire E 15. Since the last Windows update (about November 1st 2016), Fn+F6 to turn the monitor off does not work anymore. It happened to other Acer users. It works only as long as I do not release the Fn key. I tried holding the key for an hour (with a cup and...