Windows 10: monitor fails to detect PC boot

Discus and support monitor fails to detect PC boot in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I have looked all over the Internet and cannot seem to find anything that addresses this specific problem. There "seems to be a fix"out there for but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by danni1of2, Apr 2, 2017.

1. danni1of2 Win User

monitor fails to detect PC boot

I have looked all over the Internet and cannot seem to find anything that addresses this specific problem. There "seems to be a fix"out there for but DVI monitors but not the VGA.
    note: I do not get a check cables alert on my monitor. It is just black with no cursor or anything on the screen.

when I turn on my monitor(VGA) it appears to stay in sleep mode. (The power light flashes rhythmically) when I turn on my PC.I have noticed that when I turn on my PC the light skips only one time indicating that initially power is detected. But after this the monitor is seemingly unaffected by anything I try, the screen remains black.

The things I do know:
    1. This happens with both Windows 7 and Windows 10 (so I do not believe it is software specific problem).
    2. It has happened with an external Nvidia GTX 650 TI video card and the onboard video card (integrated).
    3. It has happened with two different monitors: (Dell 16in and Samsung 21in monitors).
    4. Turning the monitor off and then back on again does not seem to affect the situation.after the first try during the initial boot the computer does not even appear to detect the monitor being turned off and back on again.
    5. Doing a hard shutdown (holding the power button for 3 seconds) and turning the computer back on does not affect situation. The only thing that does seem to work, is turning the monitor on and waiting several minutes until the monitor "decides" to turn itself on. sometimes it is a matter of seconds sometimes it is a matter of several minutes.
    6. If I am doing a restart the monitor seems to reboot fine. It is only after setting an extended period that the monitor will not turn on with the PC boot.
    I do not know if this problem affects both DVI and VGA monitors because I do not have a DVI video card at this time. I should know today however I have ordered a DVI video card to test and see if DVI is also affected.

May 3/2017 Final update
    Sadly I cannot fix my PC. Some sensor component in the mother board fails to tell the monitor the PC is turning on unless I let the PC 'cook" for 1 1/2 hrs ( Let the pc try to turn on), then hard shutdown my PC then restart. So my only solution is to get a new PC in June. Ive had other problems with this PC. So Im not "Trying to keep it anymore".

:)

danni1of2, Apr 2, 2017

2. Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade.Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when setting up displays.

Changing the title

Old title – Dual monitor issue.

New title – Windows 10 is not detecting my second monitor after the upgrade. Radeon 4800 video card. Monitor display is there on boot up, and is listed in device manager, but is not detected when
    setting up displays.

TaylorFeltner, Apr 2, 2017
  3. Windows 10 black screen after clean reinstall fail

I wanted to clean install windows 10 after the upgrade but the reinstall failed at 60%. After it failed it restarted my computer and showed a black screen during boot up. I don't believe this is a hardware problem because my monitor can detect the computer
    is connected. If anyone have any idea what is wrong please tell me. Thanks

Iplayipadz, Apr 2, 2017
  4. clam1952 Win User

Tried a different Cable?

clam1952, Apr 2, 2017
  5. danni1of2 Win User
    I didnt even think about that. Thanks!

Will update in 24 hours to say if it fixed the problem.
    Preliminary results indicate that the alternate cable has 1) fixed "monitor not recognizing PC boot 2) long standing problem of... Text on screen being illegible and it has increased screen resolution options!

Turns out the new cord did not fix the problem...
    And now that I have the new video card in (MSI Nvidia GT 710) and fixed my sound problem. I am running a dual monitor setup again... I can see the secondary monitor boots every time and i hear tones alerting me that, until my primary monitor finally turns on, it is repeatedly disconnecting and re connecting.

danni1of2, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. monitor fails to detect PC boot - Similar Threads - monitor fails detect

2. PC will not detect Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC will not detect Monitor: Issue: Monitors and PC are not detecting each other and it's on the PC side. I have a new pc and was working great for a few days. Then 1 day when PC was in sleep mode and woken up it is not connecting with monitor. I checked all the cords and 2 different monitors with old...
  3. PC will not detect Monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC will not detect Monitor: Issue: Monitors and PC are not detecting each other and it's on the PC side. I have a new pc and was working great for a few days. Then 1 day when PC was in sleep mode and woken up it is not connecting with monitor. I checked all the cords and 2 different monitors with old...
  4. Boot PC fails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot PC fails: PC fails to boot with blue screen says it needs to repair. No matter how many restart I do it will goes to the same screen. This 1 year old PC is doing fine until yesterday I got a notification that my PC is infected with virus so I run scan on the PC and detected the virus...
  5. Boot PC fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot PC fails: PC fails to boot with blue screen says it needs to repair. No matter how many restart I do it will goes to the same screen. This 1 year old PC is doing fine until yesterday I got a notification that my PC is infected with virus so I run scan on the PC and detected the virus...
  6. GPU failing to detect monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    GPU failing to detect monitors: Hello everyone, Windows 10 build Thermal take 850w PSU Ryzen 9 3600X* 64gb ddr4 3600k ram * AsRock B550 Mobo Radeon RX 580 XFX 2Tb ssd 1Tb ssd with C: drive and OS 16 TB HDD | My problem is simple enough but I don't know how to go about fixing it. This is a new system....
  7. Pc Failing to Boot

Pc Failing to Boot: My Pc froze then crashed yesterday, when I tried to restart it the Preparing Automatic Repair page comes up but nothing happened even tried leaving it for a few hours. I then tried to get it to Boot via the Boot menu {F8} with Win10 Media Creation Tool on a USB, this results...
  8. PC fails to boot

PC fails to boot: When I turn on my PC it cycles no signal until I click [enter] The MSI motherboard logo appears and it says "Preparing Automatic repair" This leads me to the blue screen: Choose an option [Continue] [Turn off your PC] [Use a device] [Troubleshoot] Nothing...
  9. Pc fails to boot.

Pc fails to boot.: Hello, so last night i was playing on my pc when the power went out. This morning when i turned on my pc but it just wouldn't boot. It took about 20-30 attempts of unplugging and holding the power button to finally make it boot. The cd rom always blinks 3 times and makes a...
  10. PC will not detect second monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC will not detect second monitor: So....I'm trying to connect a second monitor to my pc but it is not able to detect the second monitor. OS is windows 10 and my gfx card is a geforce gtx 1050. there are 2 hdmi ports and one dvi port on the dedicated gfx card - main screen is connected via hdmi (which is...