Windows 10: Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running

Discus and support Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm having this problem for a while, when I turn on PC it boots completely fine to the Windows 10 logo and when the logo is completed it proceeds and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nadeem Siddique, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running

I'm having this problem for a while, when I turn on PC it boots completely fine to the Windows 10 logo and when the logo is completed it proceeds and my monitor goes off but my pc is still running and no minidump is created (a CRITICAL error is generated in event viewer). So I have to keep it like that for a minute and then restart the CPU then it runs completely fine. Sometimes it turns on without this problem but my screen looks tore like a GPU issue then PC reboots automatically after the login window at that time a minidump is created.

My minidumps show error related to my GPU driver but the thing is it only happens first time for the boot after that no matter whatever I do and how long my GPU drivers don't crash at all(it shows error in my EventViewer but doesn't affect any of my programs). No reboot no bug check.

I even did a full chkdsk of all my drivers and performed and sfc /scannow it showed no errors.

Minidumps : Minidumps.zip

EventViewer Logs: Event Viewer Logs

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Nadeem Siddique, Aug 24, 2018

2. Windows boot logo,

Hi

Tried with suggested steps but not succeed,

still can see HP boot logo

Please suggest

AmardeepBhingardeve, Aug 24, 2018
  3. scevism Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

Just done a fresh install of windows 10. Still got the same problem.
    Turn pc on from cold or a restart. Hangs on the win boot logo for a minute or so then boots in to the desktop
    cant work it out why its so slow to boot up? any ideas*Mad Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running :mad:

scevism, Aug 24, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 24, 2018
Thema:

Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running

1. Monitor goes off after Windows 10 boot logo but the pc is still running - Similar Threads - Monitor goes off

2. PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Freezes, monitor goes to sleep but the PC is still running, have to force shutdown via...: When im playing heavy games like RDR2, COD, M&B Bannerlord, after about 45 min to an hour my pc freezes completely, by this I mean the sound turns off, the monitor goes to sleep, the peripherals are still on but don't work and i have to press the power button.If I check the...
  3. Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running: This is a mini desktop PC with Windows 11. Previously the PC has gone to sleep fine turning fans off, but I had an issue with it turning on again randomly.I did some troubleshooting, and the result is that it now does not even go to sleep properly anymore.When I click Power...
  4. Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running

Windows no longer goes to deep sleep - turns monitors off, but fans still running: This is a mini desktop PC with Windows 11. Previously the PC has gone to sleep fine turning fans off, but I had an issue with it turning on again randomly.I did some troubleshooting, and the result is that it now does not even go to sleep properly anymore.When I click Power...
  5. Pc on and running & monitor goes black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc on and running & monitor goes black: i was on a game and all the sudden my screen goes black and monitor says no signal going into power saving mode but the pc is still on and keyboard and mouse still on as well. when i turn off pc and turn back on my screen stays stretched like the resolution will be messed up...
  6. Pc on and running & monitor goes black

Pc on and running & monitor goes black: i was on a game and all the sudden my screen goes black and monitor says no signal going into power saving mode but the pc is still on and keyboard and mouse still on as well. when i turn off pc and turn back on my screen stays stretched like the resolution will be messed up...
  7. Screen goes black but PC still running.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen goes black but PC still running.: i have an issue, My Computer just random starts getting blackscreens but is still running, it happens in all cases. While i do nothing, While playing a Game, While watching youtube ect. No overheating problem and CPU or GPU are never close to 100%, same with RAM. Problem is...
  8. Screen goes black but PC still running.

Screen goes black but PC still running.: i have an issue, My Computer just random starts getting blackscreens but is still running, it happens in all cases. While i do nothing, While playing a Game, While watching youtube ect. No overheating problem and CPU or GPU are never close to 100%, same with RAM. Problem is...
  9. Screen goes black but PC still running.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Laptop display goes off but computer still running

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop display goes off but computer still running: Hello I hope somebody here can help me with my problem. The display on my laptop sometimes disappears but the computer is still running. It only opens when I have been away and never when I'm actually using it. I can see that the computer is still on because the power lights...