Windows 10: Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On

Discus and support Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Since the Past few days Having weird problem.Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On.after that I have to Restart and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by stonecaper, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On

Hi,
    Since the Past few days Having weird problem.Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On.after that I have to Restart and everything runs fine for a while and then it shuts down again.My Sysytem is on a Borrowed smps (foxin, TECHNOLOGY REDEFINED) since mine went for RMA then The power Chords are plugged on this - Philips 4 Way Extension Board with Surge Spike: Amazon.in: Electronics and Then the Surge protector is plugged on mains.we have this one LUMINOUS 1100 VA INVERTER: Amazon.in: Electronics as an SMPS for the whole house.Please advise

:)

stonecaper, Oct 3, 2015
  2. Felvy Win User

Windows 10 doesn't shut down fully

Hi - I've been having some trouble getting Windows 10 to shut down completely after building my PC.

When I shut down the PC (my main method of shutting down is to shut down via Start Menu > Power > Shut Down), the computer is still running like it's been put to sleep rather than shut down.

The screen switches off, as does the keyboard and mouse. When I move the mouse or type, the PC does NOT turn on, so I know it's been "shut down" rather than put to sleep.

However, the case fans, CPU fan (I assume the CPU is staying on as well since the fan is on), RAM and GPU all stay on, as I can either hear them or see them via their LEDs.

I want to shut down the computer completely so that everything is completely off.

I have tried the following to no success:

• Shutting down via the start menu
    • Pressing and holding down the power button on the case, rather than just pressing it
    • Turned off fast startup via the Power Options setting
    • Turned off fast boot in the BIOS
    • Turning off the Intel Management Engine Interface driver

Specs:

• CPU: Intel i7 7700k
    • Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F Gaming
    • GPU: Asus ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080ti
    • RAM: 16GB (2 x 8GB, DDR4)
    • SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (main drive, Windows is installed on this drive)
    • HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    • PSU: Corsair HX850i (850W)

Any ideas?

Felvy, Oct 3, 2015
  3. System shut down Problem

My system is shutting down however the fan is running and led's are on and it goes to shut down after long pressing of power button

KrishnaKamath, Oct 3, 2015
Thema:

Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On

1. Monitor & HDD Shuts down Randomly, CPU Fan & Power LED Still On - Similar Threads - Monitor HDD Shuts

2. gear led are still on when shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    gear led are still on when shut down: I'm having a situation where when I shut down my acer laptop, the keyboard and mouse are still on. Please guide me how to fix this problem through the acer mainboard bios. Thank you....
  3. gear led are still on when shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    gear led are still on when shut down: I'm having a situation where when I shut down my acer laptop, the keyboard and mouse are still on. Please guide me how to fix this problem through the acer mainboard bios. Thank you....
  4. After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After computer shut down, fans and lights are still on and running: HI, Recently, my computer no longer completely shuts down after using the Windows Start Menu / Power / Shut Down option. Windows shuts down, the screen goes blank but the computer stays on i.e. power light is on and fans are running. Here's what I've done so far to try to...
  5. Pc fans and lights still on after shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc fans and lights still on after shut down: Hi So I am having a problem with my pc where when i shut it down my fans and lights are still on and the only thing I am able to do is hold down my power button till it turns off....
  6. Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power button LED on while PC is SHUT DOWN: Hello, I have a Dell OptiPlex 7050 SFF and ever since my I installed a Windows update, when I shutdown my computer the Power Button LED remains white, basically making it impossible for me to tell when it is on/off.I've had this computer for like two months and this has never...
  7. Fans still running after shutting down the PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fans still running after shutting down the PC.: So, I was manually installing the Nvidia drivers for my model (Acer Nitro 5). The installation got stuck. It was already a couple of hours, so I killed it from the task manager and shut down the pc. The fans were running when the installation was going on and they continued...
  8. GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GL702ZC Black Screen and no fan, but power led is on.: I was using my pc yesterday for gaming playing rome 2. The laptop worked fine all day with no issue unitl 10pm then I exit programs and go to start and manually selected shutdown. One hour later,I get power led light up, but the screen is black and fans are not working....
  9. Fan still running after shut lid and shut down

in Windows 10 Support
    Fan still running after shut lid and shut down: Hey guys, I have noticed this problem come up on my Dell 7537 (Check out my profile for details) when I close the lid to put the computer to sleep, the HDD light turns off, but the fan continues to run, even after several hours. When I open the lid back up, it is just a...
  10. Monitor random power downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor random power downs: Since upgrading to windows 10, my monitor randomly goes to power save mode (standby). This appears to be mainly in games. e.g. Lord of the Rings Online, but I have noticed the same in Chrome once in a while. Apart from that, all seems to be fine. I am running the latest...