Windows 10: Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues:

Discus and support Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues: in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, I will copy-paste the questions found under how to give valuable info about my problem And I will answer that questions. Here it is: 1)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by brljak83, Jul 15, 2018.

1. brljak83 Win User

Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues:

Hello,

I will copy-paste the questions found under how to give valuable info about my problem
    And I will answer that questions.

Here it is:
    1) Display make and model (if you know the firmware version, please provide this as well)
    - - it is an 4K Samsung Smart TV 43inch the 6000 series from 2017 year

2) How is display connected (HDMI, DVI, VGA, DisplayPort, etc.)
    - - The TV has 3 HDMI connectors and I use the first one on the TV and the first one on the
    graphics card wich by the way is ASUS PH 1060 3GB model

3) If you are using an adapter in between the display and graphics card, please state the type of adapter (ie DisplayPort to HDMI, DVI to VGA, etc.)
    - - I do not use any adapters but I have already orderd and display port to hdmi cable and an
    display port to hdmi adapter. Some users said it can be becouse of the cable.
    I did change hdmi cable but the problem is still the same. No matter what TV hdmi I use or
    cable or hdmi on the card

4) Have you tested the other ports on your graphics card?
    - - I have so far only been able to test all 2 hdmi with 2 different cables and
    with two different TV-s and the problem is the same. The card has an DVI output
    and I connected and vga to vga cable with an attached DVI adapter but then it
    is not in any case showing picture on the screen.

5) Is this problem specific to when the driver is installed or does it occur with drivers uninstalled?
    - - The problem is the same evan after clean install Windows 10 64-bit Pro 1803 ( April Update )
    And in that moment it runs on Microsoft generic drivers. If I let Windows install the drivers
    the problem is the same. If I install old driver or evan like right now the latest hot fix the
    problem stays the same.

6) Approximately how long of a cable are you using (does not need to be exact)
    - - The cable is 3 meters long or 9f

7) Graphics card video BIOS version
    - - For this graphics card it has only one BIOS and no where to find any update. Even on ASUS official site.
    I also used the graphics driver wich can be downloaded from ASUS official support site
    for my GPU model

8) If you are running multiple monitors, does the issue go away if you only connect the single monitor giving you issues/only single monitor at a time?

-- I only use one monitor at the time. By now did not try it out with two.

And here is what is happening to me after I have answerd all above this is whats going on.
    During the clean install of Windows every time set up of Windows if it is doing an restart
    the system gives me black screen and switches to the internal HD graphics. It is an 7600K cpu.
    Then if it is not restarting by it self I need to wait for few minutes so that I dont interupt
    the set up and push the restart button on my case to continue with the set up.

After Windows is installed and I have the generic vga drivers it has a very low resolution
    and the problem is this: If I shut down the PC and wait no matter how long and push
    the power button it gives me over the ASUS GPU picture on the screen.
    If I want to restart it...two things are going on...if I click on the
    restart option right away windows shows me the desktop it restarts just fine.
    If I want to restart it after the windows shows me the desktop just after like
    1 minute of waiting, then it takes a bit longer for the system to shut down and
    restart BUT when it restarts it swich it to the CPU HD integrated GPU.
    If I start the system on the integrated HD intel GPU and go to control panel
    and disable it from there and then do the restart its the same thing.
    The BIOS has a default setting to have the primary output from PCI-E 1x16
    And by default the integrated is set on AUTO

If I disable the AUTO TO DISABLED when the restart problem happens it beeps for 5
    times becouse it just does not give picture over the ASUS but it wants again to
    Switch to the Intel HD. After beeps it stays black as usuall and I again need to
    push the restart button on the case to get the ASUS gpu giving me signal.
    If I leave the BIOS on Intel HD -- AUTO -- or -- ENABLED -- it does not matter.

So this is long to read but long story short the problem is if I do restart my PC I just need to wait and
    restart it on the case for the second time after the BIOS gives one beep. And then it gives me the
    picture over HDMI to my TV or any other TV with any HDMI CABLE

I have read so far that it could be the cable and that I need an display port cable.
    Also I have found for some it helps if the BIOS is set correctly. In my case it is the latest bios
    and No it just dont want to use always the ASUS Card. What also helped out in some cases
    is that after in control panel you disable the Intel HD display adapter it works, for me not.

If I restart it as sooon as the windows starts it works just fine. I get an fast reboot and
    imidiatly picture over ASUS. As it seems to me some of the process in the background
    makes the system shut down wrong or what ever. I have not tried so far to see what
    servise or process it could be. I have found on google that that would be the solution
    or evan to do it in the registry. But I can not find the site source anymore
    where the instrucions where how to do it.

I am sure it should not be a faulty card. It is by the way new.

This is my spec of my konfiguration-

Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    Gigabyte Z170X Ultra Gaming with latest BIOS
    7600K i5 Kaby Lake
    16gb RAM Crucial single modul
    ASUS PH 1060 3GB
    Thermaltake Modular SmartSE 730Watt
    SSD Kingston SA-400 series 480GB
    HDD Western Digital Black 750GB

No crashes or BSOD evan on OC CPU, playing GTA V or anything is smooth and good.
    But this restart problem is the problem of this hole thing.

Sorry for so long info about it but I just want it functioning properly.

Hope there is a solution for this.
    Please help if anyone can or know.
    Thanks in advance and thanks for taking your time to read all of this Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues: :)

:)

brljak83, Jul 15, 2018
  2. 95Viper Win User

Monitor Not Being Detected

Don't know if this helps; however, here it is.

AMD Radeon™ Multi-Monitor and Eyefinity Configuration and Setup FAQ
    Configuring Multiple Monitors - AMD Eyefinity (Single GPU)

95Viper, Jul 15, 2018
  3. With windows 7, I could hdmi cable connect my HP dv7 laptop directly, to view on my automatically detected panasonic HDTV. Now with windows 10, the TV monitor is not even detected.

With windows 7, I could hdmi cable connect my HP dv7 laptop directly, to view on my automatically detected panasonic HDTV. Now with windows 10, the TV monitor is not even detected.

Steve Johnson OBS, Jul 15, 2018
  4. CK011885 Win User

Second Monitor (HDTV connected via HDMI) Not Detecting Input from PC

I'm using Windows 8.1 and have a 27" monitor as my main display, and had a 40" HDTV connected as a secondary that I would watch shows on. Everything was working fine until the new speakers I ordered got here, and I was doing the wires in the back, the HDMI cable came out of my GPU. I went to plug it back in and thought everything should be fine, but now I can't get anything to display on the HDTV.

The odd thing is, Windows detects the second screen, it shows "SAMSUNG" as it always had while it was working, and if I turn the TV off, it no longer detects it. The problem is on the TV's end, I have the HDMI cable (It's HDMI-HDMI) plugged into HDMI4, and when I go to select a Source, only TV/PC are listed as they always are, but HDMI4 is not showing up. If I try to select the grayed out HDMI4 it tells me something along the lines of Source Not Found.

I tested the HDMI cable with another monitor and it works fine, the HDTV is connected to a cable box via HDMI2 and works fine, so I tried plugging it in there and it doesn't work. So the HDMI port on the TV is fine, the HDMI cable is fine, Windows detects the screen, I can't figure out why it won't pick it up as a source. While Googling, I saw something about unplugging the power on both the computer and TV along with unplugging the HDMI cables, I gave that a shot but it didn't work. I've also tried the Windows Key+P functions and nothing shows. I'm completely stumped.

CK011885, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor/HDTV connectivity/detection issues: - Similar Threads - Monitor HDTV connectivity

2. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  3. Monitor connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor connection issue: After powering on the UPS, if I turn on my CPU, the monitor does not display anything. However, if I wait for some time and then power it on again, the monitor shows up. Additionally, if I turn off the CPU by pressing the power button and then power it on again, the monitor...
  4. Monitor Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor Connection Issue: I'm having an issue with a third monitor not connecting all of the sudden. It's an LG smart TV running HDMI to a 1070Ti and the other two are display port and I've had it in this configuration for a couple years with no issues. For whatever reason, both of the HDMI inputs are...
  5. Monitor Connection Issue

Monitor Connection Issue: I'm having an issue with a third monitor not connecting all of the sudden. It's an LG smart TV running HDMI to a 1070Ti and the other two are display port and I've had it in this configuration for a couple years with no issues. For whatever reason, both of the HDMI inputs are...
  6. Monitor Connection Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  8. 3rd Monitor detect but not connecting

3rd Monitor detect but not connecting: Hi, I use windows 11 & trying to get my 4th monitor following to last 2 monitors, however the problem is, It shows as 4th monitor 2 monitors + 1 laptop but I get the only choice to use it as duplicate monitor. I check with my Dell laptop which confirms that this is not...
  9. Issue with windows detecting monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issue with windows detecting monitors: Hello, I'm currently having an issue where Windows doesn't detect my multiple displays. Instead it has fused them together making all the programs open right in the middle. Here is an example. [IMG] I have identified the issue is with the windows not detecting my...
  10. Multiple Monitor Detection Issue

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Multiple Monitor Detection Issue: In Windows 7/8 I've used this program called multiple monitor switcher to change monitor profiles from 1 to 3 to TV etc. In Windows 10 it seems that the display settings once a monitor is disconnect it won't find it again unless I enable it inside of Nvidia control panel...