Windows 10: Monitor indicator light keeps always on

Discus and support Monitor indicator light keeps always on in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My cpu and monitor gets power from UPS. As UPS is kept always on, so whenever I shut down my PC, the monitor also shuts but indicator light of monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sam9, Oct 19, 2016.

1. sam9 Win User

Monitor indicator light keeps always on

My cpu and monitor gets power from UPS. As UPS is kept always on, so whenever I shut down my PC, the monitor also shuts but indicator light of monitor keeps on because monitor is getting power from UPS which is always on. My question is that is there any harm if monitor indicator keeps on or I should give power to monitor from other switch.
    Edit- sorry, the indicator light turns to yellow from Blue when I shut down PC then stays in yellow position.

:)

2. Power indicator light

Hi Carol,

Light indicator depends on the manufacturer of your device. For better assistance, we'll be needing additional information:

• Can you tell us if you're pertaining on the power light of your monitor or system unit?
    • Are you experiencing any issues on your computer while the power light is orange?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Oct 19, 2016
  3. hardywang Win User
    How to check which process is using Webcam?

Since last OS update, I noticed my webcam is always on for no reason.

My webcam is Microsoft LifeCam HD-6000, there is a blue light. The light should only be on when it is used but now I see the blue light is always on.

Even I disabled the webcam from my device manager, the light is still on. Since I plug it into the USB port on my monitor, if the monitor is off then the light is off.

How can I check which process is using webcam

hardywang, Oct 19, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

As long as the monitor is plugged into a power source the amber light will be lit when the monitor is off and when turned on will turn blue. This is normal and there is no harm in this. If it bugs you, unplug the monitor power plug.

spunk, Oct 19, 2016
  5. CountMike New Member
    One of my monitors have an option to show the light, check if yours has it in it's menu.

CountMike, Oct 19, 2016
  6. shimshom Win User
    Usually the monitor light is also the on/off switch for the monitor but others might have it elsewhere so once shut down turn it off manually rather than keeping those caps warm all night

shimshom, Oct 19, 2016
  7. sam9 Win User
    Thanks

sam9, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor indicator light keeps always on - Similar Threads - Monitor indicator light

2. Caps Lock Indicator Light Doesn't Always Respond

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Caps Lock Indicator Light Doesn't Always Respond: I have an HP Notebook 15-dy1074nr. Sometimes when I turn Caps Lock off, the light doesn't go off. Other times, I'll turn it on and the light won't turn on. The light only seems to work when it wants to. I'm using Windows 10....
  3. Monitor won't sleep properly. Goes black, indicator light is still on

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor won't sleep properly. Goes black, indicator light is still on: Hello everyone! This is my first post here, hope it goes well *Smile Issue: I have set my monitors to turn off after 5 mins, and the PC is set to "never" sleep. At five minutes the monitors will turn off and sleep and the monitor indicator light will turn orange, but only...
  4. Night Light Always On

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light Always On: Night light is always on.When i turn it off it disappear for a second and then night light turn on again. It just can’t turn off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/night-light-always-on/8f264273-b909-43f1-b3b4-a3f8705ba7fc
  5. Night Light always on

Night Light always on: My Window's 10 night light has been permanently on even when the night light switch has been disabled. I initially thought it was an issue with my screen, but my laptop screen did display blue light occasionally during start-up albeit for only a few mere seconds, so the main...
  6. Battery Indicator Light Malfunction

Battery Indicator Light Malfunction: My laptop is ALWAYS connected to a power source. I do not operate it on battery power.. A few months ago a blinking amber light appeared on my indicator bar to inform me the battery power was low. The battery icon on the taskbar revealed 94% availability (plugged in)....
  7. always on night light

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    always on night light: Hi, I currently have an issue where night light seems to be on currently, every now and then the screen will flash to normal brightness and then night light comes back on. I have doubled checked it is off, I have the most up to date version of windows and for my nvidia...
  8. Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? ***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator-light-keeps-blinking-in-ac-power/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  9. power indicator light

power indicator light: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator-light/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  10. Wireless Indicator Light

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wireless Indicator Light: Toshiba Satellite laptop, L55 series There are 3 indicator lights on the front of my computer. The 3rd one is the wireless indicator light. It's always orange, whereas the others are white. Just curious? 75197