Windows 10: Monitor losing signal during start-up

Discus and support Monitor losing signal during start-up in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer. Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Greaterdemon, May 23, 2016.

1. Monitor losing signal during start-up

I've been getting issues in the last week while trying to start up my computer.

Either my monitor loses its signal during the blue screen with the rotating white dots or my motherboard graphics card is being used instead of the one that my monitors are plugged into.

The graphics card (EVGA Nvidia GeForce 960) is still currently working as I have been able to log in successfully on a few occasions, but my monitor often loses its signal shortly afterwards.

I have tried to re-install my graphics driver, using DDU to remove the previous versions in safe mode, many times with no avail.

If anyone can give me any insight to this, I will be very grateful.

:)

Greaterdemon, May 23, 2016

2. windows 10 not finding second monitor

Unfortunately none of the above fixed the issue. When I boot up my computer, both monitors work, however once windows takes over, my first monitor loses the signal, and only my second monitor continues to function.

ChrisleahyCA, May 23, 2016
  3. FarmPath Win User
    Monitor losing signal from the laptop when laptop sleeps

I have a Lenovo laptop that I dock in order to use my two Dell monitors. When the laptop goes to sleep, the monitors lose signal from it and nothing I do brings the signal back. I had a docking station at my last job, and if I left my office for an hour
    or so all I'd have to do was hit the enter key and it would bring back up my login screen. I have to have my computer password protected so I can't change the settings such that it never sleeps, but I'm not sure how exactly I should have the settings such
    that the monitors don't lose signal. I really need the "idiots guide" for this, ie exactly what I need to set and how. Thanks

Cindy

FarmPath, May 23, 2016
  4. TweakRaGe Win User

Monitor losing signal during start-up

I'm having big problem with dual monitor ati r9 280x after update. I'm buying a dongle. I hate windows

TweakRaGe, May 24, 2016
  5. Update: Replaced memory and PSU, no results.

Greaterdemon, May 27, 2016
  6. TweakRaGe Win User
    I have to constantly hotplug my displays

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  7. simrick Win User
    Hi.
    Have you tried swapping out the vid cable? It could be failing.

simrick, May 27, 2016
  8. TweakRaGe Win User

I have tried one dvi and hdmi and tried hdmi hdmi. It will pick one screen some times and then I can unplug one to make other work sometimes. I need to reset the vga mode I think it trues to go in

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  9. It seems to work fine if I boot the computer in safe mode, could that rule out the possibility of a faulty cable?

Greaterdemon, May 27, 2016
  10. TweakRaGe Win User
    Yeah I dual boot kubuntu and it is more cooperative. I can get to Windows but I have to plug and pull display cords while trying win+p

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  11. TweakRaGe Win User
    One display will work won't won't ...I used to hdmi from same monitor different output to lessen the hassle

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  12. TweakRaGe Win User
    One will if other is plugged in visa versa. How do I stop vga from startup. I have oldest i7 920 .mobo Asus p6tse . 12 gb ram corsoir. 750 psu corsair. Windows 10 updated like 2 weeks ago and I even partition drive and erase all drivers.

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  13. TweakRaGe Win User

Should I updated from like 307 bios . Will that reset vga kernel root driver

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  14. TweakRaGe Win User
    I get bios on one display and some times it goes on other what ever my ai tweaker is feeling atm I guess. Spooky drivers

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
  15. TweakRaGe Win User
    I don't see any bios setting startup for display

TweakRaGe, May 27, 2016
Thema:

1. Monitor losing signal during start-up - Similar Threads - Monitor losing signal

2. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  3. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor loses randomly loses signal.: This started happening a few weeks ago, and it happens randomly, even when I just browse the internet or do intensive GPU stuff like 3d modeling or gaming.The monitor samsung sj55w ultra wide loses signal from the computer but the computer keeps working, as I hear the music...
  4. Monitor loses randomly loses signal.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No monitor signal during factory reset

No monitor signal during factory reset: Hello, I have a problem with the pc.I have no monitor signal during reset windows to factory settings.Is this normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-monitor-signal-during-factory-reset/f9c99b4c-da7f-49a0-8716-787665382127
  6. AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.: About a week ago I launched Overwatch to my monitor randomly losing signal. My pc was still running because I could still hear audio coming from my headphones. This is happened consistently with more powerful games and anytime my PC requires processing power. I went on the...
  7. AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.

AWCC.exe causing monitor to lose signal.: About a week ago I launched Overwatch to my monitor randomly losing signal. My pc was still running because I could still hear audio coming from my headphones. This is happened consistently with more powerful games and anytime my PC requires processing power. I went on the...
  8. Monitor loses signal while in idle

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor loses signal while in idle: Monitor keeps losing signal after idiling for awhile after I did the Windows 10 update a few days ago. I have checked for updates and keeps saying up to date. I have to turn it off and restart it twice each time to get it back up. How can I fix this?...
  9. PC loses signal to monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC loses signal to monitor: While I play a video game, FPS in game start dropping and the monitor loses signal, but the PC is still working. Today I tried the thingy with Capslock and after I pressed it two times, my PC stopped. After I turned it back on it booted, but a black screen appeared and not...
  10. Monitors Lose Signal On Boot

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitors Lose Signal On Boot: I have 3 Benq xl2720z monitors all using dp. In the morning I went to turn on my monitors to find out there was no signal in any of them. I then rebooted my computer and when I got to the spinning orb, my computers faded to black in the middle of it and lost signal. I...