Windows 10: Monitor lost color

Discus and support Monitor lost color in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Acer flat screen monitor which has been work very well for a couple years. After cleaning the desktop and keyboard the monitor still works... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Howdog, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Howdog Win User

Monitor lost color

I have Acer flat screen monitor which has been work very well for a couple years. After cleaning the desktop and keyboard the monitor still works except there is no color.

Any ideas

:)

Howdog, Jan 31, 2018

2. My monitor has suddenly lost color

My monitor has suddenly lost color

robtmscott, Jan 31, 2018
  3. Lost colors when connected to external display (projector)

Problem:

Colors are lost (only black and white tones) when external monitor is connected to computer. The computer's built-in monitor displays normally (with color).

Details:

Never had this problem before.

Didn't completely close presentation mode in PowerPoint (computer not connected to any external display) when I turned off the computer.

Then I turned on the computer, connected it into an external display, and when I turned on PowerPoint, everything on the external display was in black and white (color wash). All visuals (size, clarity, spacing, etc) are normal, except the color missing
    on the projector screen.

I can flip between Duplicate Display, Extended Display, etc, but the color on the external monitor/projector is black and white.

The color on the Built-in monitor continues to have normal color.

When I restart the computer (with the external display connected), the colored blue windows boot logo is displayed normally on both the built in monitor and the external monitor. It's when the computer completely boots up that color remains on the built-in
    display, but loses color on the external monitor.

Additional notes:

I think something has triggered Windows to "export" "lost" colors on the external display.

I don't know if AMD Catalyst Control Centre (Color:32 Bpp, 1920 x 1080, Landscape) has anything to do with this. Tried disconnecting cables, Restarting computer, common troubleshoots, etc.

The problem isn't the external monitor/projector. It displays color normally, even when tested with other computers.

Your help is much appreciated! Thank you!

Matthew_Tang, Jan 31, 2018
  4. EdTittel Win User

Monitor lost color

You hit a keystroke combination while cleaning. Hit Ctrl-Winkey-C and your color will come back!
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 31, 2018
  5. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Jan 31, 2018
  6. EdTittel Win User
    Ha! Ha! Brink: for once I got it out faster than you did. Happy Thursday!
    Best wishes,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Jan 31, 2018
  7. That happened to me last month.
    Someone suggested adding this to my Autohotkey script to completely disable control-win-c ... Code: ; DEFEAT THE CTRL-WIN-C SHORTCUT THAT CHANGES THE SCREEN TO MONOCHROME #^c:: return[/quote]

margrave55, Feb 1, 2018
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Monitor lost color

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Monitor lost color

1. Monitor lost color - Similar Threads - Monitor lost color

2. Theme color lost

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Theme color lost: Is there a way how to set the window background color in W10, like was possible in Windows XP?I have tried two ways: In registers:Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Windowor by editing the .theme file:[Control Panel\Colors]Window=200 200 200None of this changes...
  3. Theme color lost

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Theme color lost: Is there a way how to set the window background color in W10, like was possible in Windows XP?I have tried two ways: In registers:Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors\Windowor by editing the .theme file:[Control Panel\Colors]Window=200 200 200None of this changes...
  4. Theme color lost

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor: I have two color profiles defined for my second monitor. When I change from Extend to only the second monitor, the profile swaps the the other one. When I open the display settings both options have disappeared. When I switch back to Extend the options return....
  6. Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display color profile is lost when switching to second monitor: I have two color profiles defined for my second monitor. When I change from Extend to only the second monitor, the profile swaps the the other one. When I open the display settings both options have disappeared. When I switch back to Extend the options return....
  7. Orange color on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Orange color on monitor: My monitor is showing a lot of orange color. I've been looking on line for help and tried some of the suggestions but nothing is working. I see information saying it's a problem with Windows 10 but I can't figure out how to fix it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...
  8. lost color

lost color: how do I get my color back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-color/0e16ef75-8fd0-4945-9164-c88c6167b216
  9. Monitor Color

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Color: My monitor color is pink - how to I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-color/3cdc2955-fc9b-49d0-8f3f-0e929c58bd4b
  10. Monitor color settings

Monitor color settings: I have 2 monitors which I have been using with my Windows 10 system. Yesterday they suddenly turned a kind of light reddish sepia colour. Both of them at the same time. When I start Windows up, both monitors are very briefly OK but almost immediately the sepia pops in. I use...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change background color to normal

2. lost color on monitor

3. monitor lost color