Windows 10: monitor not detected

Discus and support monitor not detected in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; In Windows 7, I was using extended display: primary=notebook screen secondary=external monitor Ater installing Windows 10, the primary screen is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by igornaf, Jul 29, 2015.

1. igornaf Win User

monitor not detected

In Windows 7, I was using extended display:
    primary=notebook screen
    secondary=external monitor

Ater installing Windows 10, the primary screen is not detected by the system; only the external monitor works.

In "System > Display" it says "didn't detect another display".

The primary screen works only a few seconds while starting the pc, than it goes black and dead right before Windows logon screen.

Already updated/installed/resinstalled/disabled/enabled drivers, but nothing worked.

:)

igornaf, Jul 29, 2015

2. Dual Monitor set-up: 2nd monitor not being detected

I have a dual monitor system. The second monitor is NOT being detected in my settings. I have tried to resolve this issue by restarting, altering properties, and ensuring the drive is up-to-date (all to no avail). Any suggestions?

(My monitors are not the same type - one is an HP LE1901wi, the other is HP L1901, if this makes any difference).

MelissaDeGroff-Davis, Jul 29, 2015
  3. OmriNeu Win User
    Dual monitors problem

My problem is that I connect two monitors to the computer (graphics card) and Windows detect always only one monitor.

When I click detect in display settings and the second monitor plugged to the graphics card, it writes me that other monitor can not be detected.

Why Windows do not detect that two monitors are connected and detecting only one?

I use Nvidia GeForce graphic cards.

OmriNeu, Jul 29, 2015
  4. Mystere Win User

monitor not detected

What video card do you have? Have you gone to Windows Update yet?

Mystere, Jul 29, 2015
  5. igornaf Win User
    SOLVED!
    BIOS was the problem. Mine was version A09, after upgrading to A12 (Dell official) the system detected the notebook screen.

igornaf, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

monitor not detected

1. monitor not detected - Similar Threads - monitor detected

2. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  3. keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard and mouse are detected using kvm but the monitor gets no signal: Hey, I had and old monitor Samsung that works using KVM switch ugreen with 2 computers T14 Lenovo and desktopsuccessfully , now I bought new monitor LG Ultragear 32GQ750-B and connected it to the KVM The desktop works properly but the laptop works only for the mouse and the...
  4. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  5. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.: [System Not Detecting]OS: Windows 10 EnterpriseGraphic Card: Intel Iris Xe Graphics[System detecting]OS: Windows 10 HomeGraphic Card: Intel UHD graphics 620 + NVIDIA GeForce MX130One of my systems doesn't detects any monitor connected through the display ports whereas other...
  6. Device doesn't detect any monitor connecter through display port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected: After updating Windows 11 with the cumulative update 23H2 - KB5036893 the USB-C monitor is no Longer Detected. I checked the behaviour with various USB-C docking stations from Lenovo and Dell and different monitor types from Lenovo and Samsung, but the behaviour is always the...
  8. After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected

After Windows 11 - 23H2/KB5036893 Update the USB-C Monitor Is No Longer Detected: After updating Windows 11 with the cumulative update 23H2 - KB5036893 the USB-C monitor is no Longer Detected. I checked the behaviour with various USB-C docking stations from Lenovo and Dell and different monitor types from Lenovo and Samsung, but the behaviour is always the...
  9. My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor: I recently changed the layout of my PC setup, including a second monitor LG Ultragear 24GQ50F, with my first monitor LG Ultragear 24GN600. Prior to changing my setup, I was able to use my DisplayPort cable with my first monitor. However, due to my new setup, my first monitor...
  10. My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor

My PC is no longer detecting my LG monitor: I recently changed the layout of my PC setup, including a second monitor LG Ultragear 24GQ50F, with my first monitor LG Ultragear 24GN600. Prior to changing my setup, I was able to use my DisplayPort cable with my first monitor. However, due to my new setup, my first monitor...