Windows 10: Monitor not getting a signal when plugged into graphics card

Discus and support Monitor not getting a signal when plugged into graphics card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So recently my brother and I just put together a new gaming computer. Everything was working for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden the computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Liam Seace, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Monitor not getting a signal when plugged into graphics card

So recently my brother and I just put together a new gaming computer. Everything was working for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden the computer randomly shut off. I went to restart it and I heard five consecutive beeps coming from the motherboard. I also saw that the graphics card fan wasn't on, and I wasn't getting a signal to my monitor. If I plug my monitor into my motherboard, however, I do get a signal and I can use the computer using the on-board graphics. But considering the main use for the computer is for gaming, the on board graphics don't do very well with that. I've tried taking out the graphics card and putting it back in, but it still doesn't work. The graphics card doesn't look damaged or anything from the outside so I'm really confused.

The specs:

GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GT 1030

MB: Gigabyte H310M S2P Ultra Durable

CPU: Intel core i3-8350k

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR4

I haven't overclocked anything either. If someone could help that would be great. Thanks!

:)

Liam Seace, Jul 19, 2018

2. Windows 10: Monitor has no signal

Hi,

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • How many graphics card are installed?
    • How is the second monitor connected to the computer, with VGA,DVI or HDMI?

You may check the Graphics card present in the computer by these steps:

• Press Win+X on the keyboard and select Device Manager
    • Expand Display Adapters and check how many graphic cards are shown.

If you have the option to choose multiple monitors provided by the graphic card manufacturer, try it and check

Ravinath P, Jul 19, 2018
  3. Muel07 Win User
    No signal to monitor with NVIDIA GeForce GTX970

Not that I can see, there's just some blue LED lights which always seem to be on as soon as I power up. The onboard graphics work when I'm plugged directly into that port, but then when I use the adapter to plug my monitor into the GeForce graphics card, my monitor screen just stays on standby.

Muel07, Jul 19, 2018
  4. AndreePin Win User

Monitor not getting a signal when plugged into graphics card

graphics card problems

Hi,

Your computer makes a noise or beeps from your internal speaker because it failed to detect the graphics card. What we can suggest is for you to try cleaning your graphics card with a pencil eraser. Here are the steps below:

• Turn your computer off.
    • Pull out your video/graphics card.
    • Rubbed the cold contacts with soft pencil eraser.
    • Connect your video/graphics card back to the computer.
    Kindly note that this is just a temporary fix. If the case still continues, I suggest that you contact your graphics card's manufacturer.

Let us know how it goes.

AndreePin, Jul 19, 2018
Thema:

Monitor not getting a signal when plugged into graphics card

1. Monitor not getting a signal when plugged into graphics card - Similar Threads - Monitor getting signal

2. Graphics Card Keeps Getting Disabled Causing Lost Signal To Monitor And Having To Shutdown...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Graphics Card Keeps Getting Disabled Causing Lost Signal To Monitor And Having To Shutdown...: Hi. I've been having a lot of issues with my computer throughout the last month, it started with various problems such as blue screens and crashing, But for like 2 weeks now i'm having the same issue over and over again and I haven't found a fix for it yet. I've read a lot of...
  3. Graphics Card Keeps Getting Disabled Causing Lost Signal To Monitor And Having To Shutdown...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Graphics Card Keeps Getting Disabled Causing Lost Signal To Monitor And Having To Shutdown...: Hi. I've been having a lot of issues with my computer throughout the last month, it started with various problems such as blue screens and crashing, But for like 2 weeks now i'm having the same issue over and over again and I haven't found a fix for it yet. I've read a lot of...
  4. Graphics Card Keeps Getting Disabled Causing Lost Signal To Monitor And Having To Shutdown...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Monitor not getting signal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitor not getting signal: I'm having issues getting my HDMI monitor to show a signal. I've tried a lot of options already that have been listed on the internet but I'm not having luck. Basically, I have a TV I was using last night with the HDMI cable (Display Port - HDMI) to my pc with no problem. I...
  6. My graphic card showing no signal to the monitor [please advise]

My graphic card showing no signal to the monitor [please advise]: So, today I unpluged my gc, put it back in, and now I do not have signal on my screen-black. What could this be? I cleaned the card, made sure to clean the stick. Cable is not the problem as it works also.... I have bo earthly idea why this happened. I just took the card out,...
  7. Graphics card no signal at Windows startup?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Graphics card no signal at Windows startup?: I have the following problem: When I start my pc everything is as usual, but as soon as the windows loading screen appears, my monitor goes off and it says "no signal". If I start the pc in safe mode then everything works fine and without problems, I would install the...
  8. Graphics card monitor problem

Graphics card monitor problem: Hey guys i got a notebook today and i connected my monitor with hdmi cable to my notebook so i can have 2 screens. But when i unplugged hdmi cable (to bring my notebook somewhere else) and when i clicked on nvidia control panel it said that its not connected to current...
  9. Graphic cards and monitors matching

Graphic cards and monitors matching: I am considering an upgrade of my ageing monitor. At present BenQ PD2700U is a high level contender. Problem is that my graphics card is a NVidia Quadro 600 which supports a maximum of 2560 x 1600 pixels and the PD2700U has 3840 x 2160 pixels. Going for the BenQ PD2700Q would...
  10. Graphic card or monitor problem?

Graphic card or monitor problem?: If when i retun computer from "display off" by moving cursor, my signal returns to dim or black (SOMETIMES), yes there is a signal, but there is a dim-black, or black signal, sometimes turning off and on monitor by button will result in blinking right picture and again goes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. monitor not getting signal from graphics card

2. monitor not getting signal when graphics card is connected

3. not getting signal from secondary graphics card

4. video card not getting signal