Windows 10: Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

Discus and support Monitor not working after booting in safe mode in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hello, My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by kian, Dec 15, 2016.

1. kian Win User

Monitor not working after booting in safe mode

Hello,

My pc was working perfectly fine, i disabled nvidia graphics to install new ones. i switched to safe mode by msconfig menu. now when i turn on my pc, everything runs except the monitor. so I'm stuck with a working pc,however, i dont get display. can't get out of safe mode without display.
    It happened before too, i found some steps to get out of safe mode without display with keyboard only.

Also Monitor is connected to Motherboard VGA, i also tried the CMOS reset.

Any help ?

Thank you in advance.

:)

2. monitor not working after re booting in safe mode

Yes, that should work fine, but if you're doing a fresh install you may not have to take your hard drive out since it gives you the option to choose where you want to install, but if you want to play it safe then it'd be fine to take out the hard drive (Just
    unplug the sata cable)

Bear in mind this will wipe everything from the SSD, programs and all.

V0PLASMA0V, Dec 15, 2016
  3. monitor not working after re booting in safe mode

That is actually a very good question...

You'll have to resort back to trying each port on the back (both graphics card and motherboard) to see if you can find any that will work. as a last resort, you could try taking out your graphics card. This will force your motherboard to default back to
    the outputs there (most likely VGA)

Sam

V0PLASMA0V, Dec 15, 2016
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

Have you tried connecting the monitor to the video card output? Also, is the monitor physically selected to the VGA input if it has more than one input?

NavyLCDR, Dec 16, 2016
  5. kian Win User
    The monitor has only one input. and the monitor works with other PCs.

6. kian Win User
    I tried that with a smart TV , and It workeddd !!!

Thanks a million !!! saved my thesis *Biggrin

kian, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor not working after booting in safe mode - Similar Threads - Monitor working booting

2. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode: so i just wanted to remove some files but i couldn't because they were showing its opened in an other program so i thought to go into safe mode and simply delete them but when i booted into safe mode i saw the windows logo and spinning circles for a second and after then my...
  3. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode: so i just wanted to remove some files but i couldn't because they were showing its opened in an other program so i thought to go into safe mode and simply delete them but when i booted into safe mode i saw the windows logo and spinning circles for a second and after then my...
  4. Input not Supported on acer monitor after booting into safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  6. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode: My laptop's monitor isn't working so I connect it to another using HDMI. It had a problem detecting the bluetooth adapter so I booted it in safe mode and now it won't display anything on my monitor. Are there any solutions? It's a Dell G3...
  7. No signal to monitor after booting laptop in safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Boot in safe mode not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Boot in safe mode not working: I just tried to upgrade my newly built pc to the latest version on windows in order to install some drivers. However, when it finished, my user profile was corrupted and i was unable to log in. Going off of online tutorials to solve this, they all say to boot in safe mode....
  9. No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig

No monitor after trying to boot to safe mode with msconfig: I recently tried to restart my pcninto safe mode in order to run some diagnostics. I entered safemode through msconfig. After booting this way, my monitor has completely stopped recieving signal. Ive tried plugging it into other ports and even used other monitors with no...
  10. No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?

No signal received by monitor after booting into Safe Mode (minimal)?: Hi Everyone, I just set my Windows 10 Desktop Computer to boot in Safe Mode (Minimal). Now when the computer starts up my monitor will not receive a signal! It scans for an input signal but receives nothing!!! I know that this is a Windows issue, because if I remove the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. safe mode monitor stopped working