Windows 10: Monitor power off

Discus and support Monitor power off in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Before update to 1803, my monitor was set to turn off after 30 mins. After the update it does not. I can't get the monitor to shutdown at all. I've set... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by johnk51, Jul 9, 2018.

1. johnk51 Win User

Monitor power off

Before update to 1803, my monitor was set to turn off after 30 mins. After the update it does not. I can't get the monitor to shutdown at all. I've set it to 1 min and still nothing. But under power & sleep it still shows shutdown after 30 mins. Is there some fix for this?

:)

johnk51, Jul 9, 2018
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 9, 2018
  4. Monitor power off

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

Monitor power off

1. Monitor power off - Similar Threads - Monitor power off

2. Monitor not powering off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor not powering off: I have set the power options to turn off the display after 10 minutes. The display monitor never powers off, even after hours of the computer being idle.This is after a clean Windows 10 22H2 install.How to fix this?...
  3. Monitor not powering off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not powering off: I have set the power options to turn off the display after 10 minutes. The display monitor never powers off, even after hours of the computer being idle.This is after a clean Windows 10 22H2 install.How to fix this?...
  4. Monitor not powering off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. power off

in Windows 10 Customization
    power off: what to do when i want to shut down my computer its asking me to contact system administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-off/a71b9a5c-b052-4331-a9ea-a5288db6d53d
  6. Second monitor powers on and off every few seconds

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Second monitor powers on and off every few seconds: I connected an LG IPS234 monitor to my wife's HP laptop using an HDMI conversion cable. When I first connected it it worked fine. But after my wife powered down and up the next day it stopped working and hasn't worked since. The power goes on and off every few seconds. Right...
  7. Monitor powers on after computer turns it off

Monitor powers on after computer turns it off: Trying to find how to keep monitor off after I lock the PC. What I do: 1. Monitor powers off after 1 minute when PC is locked 2. In few seconds computer plays sound like it detects new hardware, monitors wakes up and shows "No Cable Connected". 3. Then monitor turns off....
  8. Monitors will not turn off per power settings

Monitors will not turn off per power settings: My monitors do not enter power save, per my power settings. I've run troubleshooter, reset to default, changed settings, updated drivers, checked reliability monitor, unplugged all usb device, issue persists. Can anyone help with this?...
  9. Monitor power off

Monitor power off: Before update to 1803, my monitor was set to turn off after 30 mins. After the update it does not. I can't get the monitor to shutdown at all. I've set it to 1 min and still nothing. But under power & sleep it still shows shutdown after 30 mins. Is there some fix for this?...
  10. "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?: I was asked if the "power off monitor" after a designated time option is available on a laptop like it is for a desktop. I don't have a laptop to try so I need assistance on this. Jack 84361