Windows 10: Monitor Questions G-Sync?

Discus and support Monitor Questions G-Sync? in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recently built a new computer i7-7700k and used a GTX 1060. Am using a Samsung 24 inch lcd monitor that I have had for some time. It is a 5ms monitor.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dsherman, Nov 30, 2017.

1. dsherman Win User

Monitor Questions G-Sync?

Recently built a new computer i7-7700k and used a GTX 1060. Am using a Samsung 24 inch lcd monitor that I have had for some time. It is a 5ms monitor. Not bad and I am wondering if upgrading to the more current monitor such as a G-Sync using the TN panel is something that is worth the nearly $500 price tag. Or as a casual gamer that plays maybe 2-3 times a week for usually 2 hours at a time would be worth spending the money on. Any help with this or opinions are welcomed..

Douglas

:)

dsherman, Nov 30, 2017

2. Is there software for Hanns G HH 281 monitor?

<Original title: Windows 10 Hanns G Monitor Driver/software>

Is there software for Hanns G HH 281 monitor?

R DennisKisling, Nov 30, 2017
  3. Extreme stuttering on games/apps for some seconds with High-End-PC

Ok it took a few days for the insider preview updates to arrive, dont know why.

That didnt solve the problem, but I can say now, that 99% of the extreme stuttering is caused by G-Sync and two monitors! I even ordered a seconds (exactly same model) G-Sync monitor, but had the same problems.

When I deactivate G-Sync (Fullscreen and Window-Mode), then the problem seems solved.

So if anyone of you wants G-Sync and a second monitor: IT DOES NOT WORK!

VoodooDE83, Nov 30, 2017
  4. Monitor Questions G-Sync?

Hi,
    Not really worth the $$$
    You can pick up a asus 144Hz monitor and be just as good in 24 or 27"..
    G-Sync just reduces frame rates pretty much what game mode does in win-10.
    So basically you could save money on the monitor and use free game mode *Smile

Cheapest G sync monitor I've seen is about 400.us

ThrashZone, Nov 30, 2017
  5. MrNeeds Win User
    As ThrashZone has said, it's a form of vertical sync, which is notorious for slowing frames down to a grinding halt, but the way G-sync does it, it stops tearing while dynamically changing the refresh rate of the monitor whereas normal V-sync changes the frame rate of your games, freesync does a similar thing too, however it's extremely restrictive as it's effectiveness is only felt if the frame rate resides in a specific window (60-75fps in most cases), I'd probably take a higher refresh rate monitor over a G-sync, but it's your choice, if you have the ability to try a G-sync monitor, then go for it, and you can make up your mind then.

MrNeeds, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Questions G-Sync?

1. Monitor Questions G-Sync? - Similar Threads - Monitor Questions Sync

2. How to enable G-Sync on Windows FreeSync Monitor

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable G-Sync on Windows FreeSync Monitor: [ATTACH]Both Intel and AMD have been the most dominating brands in the PC industry, so, it is pretty obvious that there will be having some sort of healthy competition. But a few years back, Nvidia announced a list of AMD FreeSync Monitors that will be able to run the...
  3. New Predator Monitor, how can I apply G-sync?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    New Predator Monitor, how can I apply G-sync?: Same as title basically. No matter what I try, the option to enable G-Sync simply doesn't exist in the Nvidia control panel. Any solutions you can offer me? submitted by /u/BronzeHeart92 [link] [comments]...
  4. I can't enable G-sync on my FreeSync monitor.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can't enable G-sync on my FreeSync monitor.: Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this. When I open my nVidia control panel G-Sync won't show up under the display options. My graphics card is a GTX 970, and on nVidia's website it says it supports G-Sync. Please let me know if this is the wrong place to ask this...
  5. Nvidia's G-Sync finally supporting A sync monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia's G-Sync finally supporting A sync monitors: Pretty stoked that Nvidia are finally going to support adaptive sync Monitors to use G-Sync features. More can be found here on it: NVIDIA to certify Adaptive-Sync monitors to support G-Sync - VideoCardz.com 124923
  6. CES 2019: NVIDIA announces G-SYNC Compatible monitors

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2019: NVIDIA announces G-SYNC Compatible monitors: G-SYNC’s display technology has been delivering superior gaming experiences since 2013, and as we begin 2019 we have several exciting G-SYNC announcements to share. Introducing “G-SYNC Compatible” Displays In 2013 we released G-SYNC, a revolutionary monitor technology that...
  7. G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?

G-Sync laptop - How do I turn on G-Sync?: Hi, I have a new laptop with G-Sync but I cannot see anywhere in the Nvidia Control Panel where I can turn this feature on or off... Some older tutorials point to a Display option in the Nvidia Control Panel but I only have the 3D Settings option... So how do I see the...
  8. G-Sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    G-Sync: Whats up guys? how do i confirm that gsync is currently working? like ive been having trouble with it. in CP i have it set to full screen apps, and in global 3d settings, i have screen set to G-sync, and V-sync is set to app controlled and off in games. from what i read, this...
  9. Nvidia 10 series gpu with non g sync monitor

Nvidia 10 series gpu with non g sync monitor: I am curious. Has anyone have or had a build with a Nvidia gpu with non gsync monitor? I know there's v-sync and fast sync but haven't done enough research to know how it works exactly. Any experiences here? I thought of getting a lg ultrawide monitor with 75hz. Why am I...
  10. CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better

in Windows 10 News
    CES 2017: G-SYNC HDR Monitors Just Got Better: [img] In 2013 NVIDIA revolutionized monitor technology with the unveiling of G-SYNC, which for the first time synchronized a monitor’s refresh rate to the update rate of a GPU, eliminating screen tearing, minimizing stutter, achieving low input latency, and improving...