Windows 10: Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC

Discus and support Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, my wife's computer is acting strange, some times her Monitor's (shes having 2 connected) stays turned off but windows 10 starts just fine. ( I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimkromann, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC

Hi, my wife's computer is acting strange, some times her Monitor's (shes having 2 connected) stays turned off but windows 10 starts just fine. ( I tested this by typing her login info and then presseed the windows key, and typed "youtube" + enter, and pressed a random place on her screen, and it started playing music just fine. ) Pressing the power buttons on her monitors when windows is loaded does nothing, it just scans for DVI,, HDMI, VGA, signals and it turns off after displaying the "no signal detected"

This is completly random when the monitors stays turned off, but its often after a good nights sleep when the pc have been off for a many hours.

The way i use to get around this is to cut all power to the PC and press the power button, then i enable back power and turn it on, and most of the times theres now a picture on her screen, if not i keep doing this untill its working.

Any help and advice would be really appreciated

Thanks in advance Jim

:)

jimkromann, Aug 28, 2016

2. Windows 10 shutdown glitch

When i turn it off it also says shutting down my monitor turns off but my PC stays on

AaronMckibben, Aug 28, 2016
  3. Jikmy Win User
    Windows turns monitor on at night.

At night I turn off the monitor but leave the PC running. At around 2-3am, Windows turns the monitor on and it stays on the rest of the night. I have selected "never" on all power schemes. This did not happen with 8.1. Also, during the day when the PC
    is idle it randomly switches between lock screen and login screen. While at the login screen the little "busy" circle activates for a few seconds then it goes back to lock screen. Is there a fix for both these occurrences.

Jikmy, Aug 28, 2016
  4. Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC

Hi my friend ! I have the same problem and I want to ask if you end up finding a solution to the problem ??

SiderisMav, Aug 31, 2016
Thema:

Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC

1. Monitor randomly stays off when turning on the PC - Similar Threads - Monitor randomly stays

2. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on: When i do anything on my computer for a while about 30 mins, my monitors will go black and say that they’re is ‘no display input’ and the only way i can turn my computer off is by cutting off the power manually on the back. When i unplug my monitor and plug it back in, my...
  3. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on: When i do anything on my computer for a while about 30 mins, my monitors will go black and say that they’re is ‘no display input’ and the only way i can turn my computer off is by cutting off the power manually on the back. When i unplug my monitor and plug it back in, my...
  4. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. My monitor turns off randomly, but my computer stays on

6. Monitor turning on and off randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  7. Monitor turning on and off randomly

Monitor turning on and off randomly: Ive got 2 monitors, and a gpu thats about a year old, but every so often, the right monitor goes blank and comes back on. This is mostly shown during games, but sometimes during normal use aswell. Sometimes the monitor just completely goes off, but still is registered as I...
  8. Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on

in Windows 10 Customization
    Monitors sometimes stay black when turned off and on: I keep my PC on 24/7, and at night I turn my monitors off by pressing the button on the bottom of their frame. I have two monitors, which have a 59 hz and 60 hz refresh rate, and different resolutions. I have had these monitors for over a year or two, and no problem, but...
  9. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  10. Monitor turns off randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor turns off randomly: My monitor turns off randomly. It comes back on after I restart the computer. Today it took 4 tries. Also, sometimes the screen randomly becomes magnified. Help?! Thank you in advance...