Windows 10: Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard.

Discus and support Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an ASUS VS248 Monitor that seems to be producing a faint beeping sound in my headphones when I have the monitor turned on. When I turn the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bazmnaz12, Aug 26, 2015.

1. bazmnaz12 Win User

Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard.

I have an ASUS VS248 Monitor that seems to be producing a faint beeping sound in my headphones when I have the monitor turned on. When I turn the monitor (only) off, the beeping mostly stops. So I'm fairly sure it's got something to do with interference from the monitor.

I have a PreSonus Audiobox USB external soundcard that I use with KRK Rokit 5 speakers. The beeping sound may also be coming through the speakers, however I can only notice it through my headphones (due to the noise cancellation of the headphones). I can't really seem to notice the beeping while listening to music, but at times when I have no sound coming from the headphones, it becomes quite annoying.

The beeping sound is a faint low pitched sound (square wave type sound) followed by a slightly higher pitched beep (of the same sound) 5-6 seconds later. This process repeats. Sometimes the beeping will be rapid (BEEP BEEP BEEP).

I have tried the following without any luck of finding a solution:
    - moving the USB cable (going from the audiobox to the back of the PC) away from the monitor and monitor cables
    - moving the actual soundcard (box) away from the monitor itself
    - removing my wireless keyboard and mouse usb from the back of my computer
    - removing the microphone and audio inputs/outputs from the sound options in 'devices'
    - plugging the monitor into a different power point
    - changing the brightness and contrast of the monitor
    - changing from HDMI to DVI monitor input
    - removing the wireless adapter at the back of the PC
    - changing the usb ports used for the external sound card

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance.

:)

bazmnaz12, Aug 26, 2015

2. beeping every 20 seconds when montior plugged in

My computer is beeping every 20 seconds when i plug in my external monitor

Michael Wax, Aug 26, 2015
  3. 6020 Count down timer tone

Is it possible to assign any tone from the tones gallery to the count down timer ?

The default beep is very faint.

narayank991---01, Aug 26, 2015
  4. Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard.

I have the KRK 5 speakers and this beeping is driving me crazy. How do you know its the monitor interference? I feel like its coming from the speaker. Could it be some kind of setting in the DAW? Did you figure this out? I know it was a long time ago. I know these speakers kind of go to sleep if the sound is on low, could that beeping be some kind of test beeping to see if its on? Were you able to find a solution to this? Thanks!

Neenerella, Feb 20, 2017
  5. bazmnaz12 Win User
    The problem seemed to go away on its own, I don't really notice it anymore. Sorry I can't help *Sad

bazmnaz12, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard.

1. Monitor Screen causing faint 'beeping' on external soundcard. - Similar Threads - Monitor Screen causing

2. External monitor causes frame drops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor causes frame drops: My external monitor causes frame drops every 10 seconds. It is really annoying for me cause I like to play rhythm games. I have tried a lot of things. Updating drivers, changing settings with my external monitor but nothing worked. Can someone fix it?It happens in only 1...
  3. External monitor causes frame drops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External monitor causes frame drops: My external monitor causes frame drops every 10 seconds. It is really annoying for me cause I like to play rhythm games. I have tried a lot of things. Updating drivers, changing settings with my external monitor but nothing worked. Can someone fix it?It happens in only 1...
  4. External monitor causes frame drops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External monitor causes frame drops: My external monitor causes frame drops every 10 seconds. It is really annoying for me cause I like to play rhythm games. I have tried a lot of things. Updating drivers, changing settings with my external monitor but nothing worked. Can someone fix it?...
  5. External monitor switching to monitor screen

External monitor switching to monitor screen: My external monitor keeps switching to my monitor's screen for a second,then switchs back again.It's very annoying,I checked the cable,i even forced it in,nothing has changedDoes anyone know the fix?...
  6. External monitor switching to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External monitor switching to monitor screen: My external monitor keeps switching to my monitor's screen for a second,then switchs back again.It's very annoying,I checked the cable,i even forced it in,nothing has changedDoes anyone know the fix?...
  7. External monitor switching to monitor screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. External USB soundcard not working

External USB soundcard not working: Hi,I made some cable management inside of my computer and rearranged my cables. After I powered my pc and from then I have a problem with my external soundcard. When it works rare, it works till I pause the music and after I resume or close the music app, it has no sound. I...
  9. External soundcard not recognized after updates

External soundcard not recognized after updates: Hello everyone, I'm completely helpless now and I've tried almost anything. What should I do? I have an aqprox external soundcard (jack/usb), and it worked perfectly fine until today. Now all I get when I plug it in is: "Windows has stopped this device because it has...
  10. External monitor gray screen

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    External monitor gray screen: BlKmHnXVUy8 Hardware: Schenker XMG A726 (Clevo N170RF1-G) Notebook Review - NotebookCheck.net Reviews Look at this sh*t. No matter which multi display mode I pick, the external monitor simply shows a gray screen without a cursor or anything. I did try every single...