Windows 10: Monitor skips boot screen

Discus and support Monitor skips boot screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Win 10 I bought yesterday Samsung C27f591 and when I turn my computer on picture will show on welcome screen, it skips all boot procedure. How to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Lorcav123, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Lorcav123 Win User

Monitor skips boot screen

Win 10

I bought yesterday Samsung C27f591 and when I turn my computer on picture will show on welcome screen, it skips all boot procedure. How to set it up so I can see boot screen?

:)

Lorcav123, Jan 4, 2018

2. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. We are sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I see that your mouse skips from first monitor to second monitor while typing.

Please answer the below questions to assist you better,

1. What is the make and model of the mouse?

2. Is it a wired mouse or a wireless mouse?

Follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

a) Type
    Troubleshooting in the Search Bar and then
    Enter

c)
    Select View all on the top left corner.

d)
    Run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Method 2: Update the mouse driver from the Device Manager.

I would suggest you to manually update the Mouse drivers from the
    Device Manager and check if it helps.

Steps:-

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer.
    Method 3: Enable Mouse Trails

Type Control Panel in
    Search Bar
    and then Enter.

Select Mouse.

In Pointer Option Check the
    Display pointer trails.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Anup Karkal, Jan 4, 2018
  3. Mouse skips from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor while typing

I have two monitors set up and linked to my laptop. When I type on one monitor, it will skip (while typing) to my 2nd monitor. It is very annoying and has only just started happening a week ago. I can't figure out how to fix and it is disrupting my productivity.

Please help.

T.

TheresaAng, Jan 4, 2018
  4. Monitor skips boot screen

By "boot screen" do you mean your BIOS/UEFI screen? Were you able to see it with your old monitor?

I'm guessing that your system is booting up faster than your monitor can turn on. Not much you can do about that unless you purposely slow down your boot or find some way to prevent the monitor from turning off.

PolarNettles, Jan 4, 2018
  5. Lorcav123 Win User
    I mean when I turn PC, first thing I will se is only welcome screen. If I enter BIOS no picture and by PC sound I know that my PC is in BIOS.

I discovered that when I disable Freesync in monitor menu everything is working, I can see BIOS and boot procedure. Why is that? Because my GPU doesn`t support freesync?

Also after I turn on PC and boot into windows I will hear a "connected sound" and after that on my monitor there will be big number "1" like it is identifying display. Any solution to this??

Lorcav123, Jan 4, 2018
  6. After "Fast Boot" has been enabled, you cannot access the BIOS setup during power on . The machine will bypass "Press F2 to access Setup Utility and F12 for Boot Menu" prompt. You will need to disable Fast Boot if you want to use the F12 / Boot menu. If you have Fast Boot enabled and you want to get into the BIOS setup. Hold down the F2 key, then power on. That will get you into the BIOS setup Utility.

If your graphic card doesn't support Freesync feature you will not able to enable the Freesync feature. Install latest version of graphic card driver from graphic card manufacturer website hopefully latest version of the graphic card driver will resolve the issue.

FreeBooter, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Monitor skips boot screen

1. Monitor skips boot screen - Similar Threads - Monitor skips boot

2. Screen Skipping on Windows 10 Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Skipping on Windows 10 Laptop: When using my laptop, the screen will every few seconds freeze, then skip ahead, like the action happening in between never happened. I have updated Windows itself and all the apps in the app store. I believe the other apps are up to date. I tried to update the graphics...
  3. Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touch screen and pen lagging / skipping: My touch screen and pen have recently started to skip certain areas on my screen. I have tired to calibrate and reinstall the touch screen but nothing has been working....
  4. How to skip this screen?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to skip this screen?: So my hdd corrupted recently. After several looped attempts of windows trying to fix the drive, I switched to an ssd which my OS runs on now, while running my hdd as a secondary drive. First time booting on the ssd I was able to view the root of the hdd but didn't go into any...
  5. How to skip this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to skip this screen?: So my hdd corrupted recently. After several looped attempts of windows trying to fix the drive, I switched to an ssd which my OS runs on now, while running my hdd as a secondary drive. First time booting on the ssd I was able to view the root of the hdd but didn't go into any...
  6. How to skip this screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Boot Screen keeps appearing on second monitors: Hi, Whenever I start my PC the boot screen where I have the ability to go into BIOS always appears on my vertical second monitor. I am using 2 DP from my nvidia graphics card. I made sure the monitors are set propoerly on the NVIDIA control panel and also on the display...
  8. Skip Log in Screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Skip Log in Screen: Okay so basically I want my PC too boot straight to Desktop, but I didnt get that working yet. I tried Unchecking the box "User needs to input password on Login" (or sthlike that) and it woks, I get logged in automatically, but thats only half of what I'm looking for. I...
  9. How to skip the windows 8 booting screen after upgrading to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to skip the windows 8 booting screen after upgrading to windows 10?: [ATTACH] After upgrading to windows 10 pro from 8.1 pro, I am still seeing this Windows 8 load screen whenever I boot. This isn't the case if I do a clean install of windows 10, where I could just boot straight into desktop without seeing this. Is there any way to fix...
  10. Black screen on boot but only on secondary monitors

in Windows 10 Support
    Black screen on boot but only on secondary monitors: Brand new guy with a question: I have a Dell Inspiron 13 connected via a Kensington SD 4000 dock to two external monitors. When I am in my office, the laptop is connected to the dock, and the lid is closed. Everything works fine, EXCEPT when I restart (or just...