Windows 10: monitor sleeps after 10 minutes

Discus and support monitor sleeps after 10 minutes in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; so i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 the other day (clean install) and my monitors go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity i have my screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by desolation1982, Jan 9, 2016.

1. monitor sleeps after 10 minutes

so i upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7 the other day (clean install) and my monitors go to sleep after 10 minutes of inactivity i have my screen and computer set to never sleep everything is set to never no screensaver i have set system unattended sleep to never (ive set it to +&- ten minutes and doesnt do a thing) i am at me wits end ive edited registry keys to no avail i cannot figure out for the life of me wtf is going on or is this a common problem and should i just go back to my windows 7 partition someone please help and give me some options here

:)

desolation1982, Jan 9, 2016
  2. TWillGOLF Win User

Windows 10 Sleep/Wake issue - Black screen

It is the main display before it goes to sleep. After it goes to sleep then when you wake it up it defaults to a second monitor that is not connected. I can connect a second monitor and change it to laptop screen only at the lock screen then disconnect
    the monitor and it will fix the problem for a few minutes but after 10 minutes or so or after a restart the laptop defaults to the unconnected second monitor. The problem only occurs when it falls asleep then wakes up.

TWillGOLF, Jan 9, 2016
  3. hardywang Win User
    My PC wakes up from sleep right away after it goes to sleep

My OS version is 10586.494.

All happens about 1 or 2 days ago, I asked my PC to go to sleep by using Windows -> Power -> Sleep. Right after it went to sleep it woke up immediately, and it never goes to sleep again.

My Settings -> System -> Power & Sleep has turn of monitor after 10 minutes, goes to sleep after 30 minutes if plugged in.

Any suggestion?

hardywang, Jan 9, 2016
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

monitor sleeps after 10 minutes

I suggest you make the "never" settings again.

5. i have ive created 4 seperate power plans ive tried every combination nothing works

desolation1982, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

monitor sleeps after 10 minutes

1. monitor sleeps after 10 minutes - Similar Threads - monitor sleeps minutes

2. my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my 2nd monitor goes to sleep after a few minutes of playing games: also to wake up the 2nd monitor i have to go to display and click anything and then revert after i closed the gamethis just happened yesterday...
  3. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  4. TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TV Monitors not sleeping after 15 Minutes: I use two 32" TVs as monitors for my Windows 11 Desktop Computer.Vizio TV is the primary display and uses a VGA to HDMI cable connection.Samsung TV is the secondary display and uses a HDMI to HDMI cable connection.Under the Power Setting, I specify "Turn off my Screen after...
  5. Why does my external monitor go to sleep after 20 minutes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my external monitor go to sleep after 20 minutes?: Hi! I have a MSI laptop with Windows 11, it remains closed all the time and the monitor it's connected via hdmi to an external usb-c hub. It works perfectly but every 20 minutes the monitor says "No signal". I've to disconnect and reconnect the cable every time, or to press...
  6. Sleep mode after 1 minute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep mode after 1 minute: Hi there, My laptop is going to sleep after one minute. I have tried numerous solutions but it is still the same. I am not sure how to resolve this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-mode-after-1-minute/f1d7da6d-2a1e-4932-950c-e3d3793ccead
  7. display sleeps after 2 minutes

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display sleeps after 2 minutes: All hibernation and sleep settings set to NEVER Hard disc set to 360 minutes and still my display closes after 2 minutes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-sleeps-after-2-minutes/d3eb9eec-7064-4cf2-a7dd-6739cb877ffd
  8. After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity

After waking from Sleep, Monitor Shuts off after 2 minutes of inactivity: My power options are set to NEVER NEVER NEVER... but when I wake my computer from sleep the Monitor will shut off after 2 or 3 minutes and I have to log in from screen lock to continue reading or working. Its very annoying... I eventually just reboot the system and then...
  9. Windows 10 sleeps after 2 minutes when I plug in second monitor

Windows 10 sleeps after 2 minutes when I plug in second monitor: Hello, My Asus laptop goes into sleep mode after 1 or 2 minutes of inactivity when I plug in a second monitor with an HDMI cable. This happens while I'm reading or even when there is a video playing in the background. I have checked all the power settings about what Windows...
  10. Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor goes to sleep after 10 minutes -- And during movies.: Running a fairly fresh install of Windows 10. (not upgrade). Was having no problems. I really like Windows 10 so far. I upgraded my graphics card from gtx650 to a gtx960 this is when a minor problem began. The monitor turns off after 10 minutes, even if I have 'NEVER'...