Windows 10: Monitor Sound Not Working?

Discus and support Monitor Sound Not Working? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; monitor sound. I wont be installing GTX 1060 until later today but I have install my new ASUS 28 inch PB287Q monitor. I wanted to try out the built in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by elbmek, Jan 16, 2017.

1. elbmek Win User

Monitor Sound Not Working?

monitor sound. I wont be installing GTX 1060 until later today but I have install my new ASUS 28 inch PB287Q monitor. I wanted to try out the built in speakers and control panel/sound shows software 'ready' when I defaulted it but no sound through speakers, even on 'test'. Indicator bar shows movement. The cable, green-green, is connect into respective sockets but nothing. My sound card is built into MB, which is also ASUS.

:)

elbmek, Jan 16, 2017

2. 0xc00d36b4 error on continuum dock

I have to assume without using the dock, all the sound is normal, as expected with all your apps?

Isn't totally clear, but did this ever work, or was this your first try?

When connected via the dock the sound will be delivered to the monitor over the HDMI connection to the monitor (or whatever the HDMI cable out of the dock is connected to). That device, the monitor, needs to be able to extract it, and have a sound out option,
    either via integral speakers or a sound out jack. How is yours set up? If it is to a capable monitor, is the monitor set to play the sound? There may be a setting that switches between external and internal speakers, or the monitor volume can be turned down.

Sven Johannsen, Jan 16, 2017
  3. JOHNDPAR Win User
    sound problem with new monitor!!!

I have just bought a 32" LG monitor. I can get no sound from the monitor. I am sure I have the sound wire from the PC hooked to the sound connection on the monitor. I really need s.ome help

JOHNDPAR, Jan 16, 2017
  4. fireberd Win User

The monitor, from what I find is HDMI connected. If you have an HDMI cable connected Windows sets HDMI as default audio playback device. Thus there will be no sound from the PC's sound (it is not ASUS that is the motherboard vendor, not the sound which is likely Realtek). To be able to use the PC sound you will have to manually change the default audio playback device to "Speakers" (PC sound).

In most cases if you have an HDMI connection the sound is also in the HDMI connection from the video card. Check the specs for your monitor and if that is the case, you should have HDMI audio driver installed.

fireberd, Jan 16, 2017
  5. elbmek Win User
    thanks fire, will look into it

elbmek, Jan 16, 2017
  6. elbmek Win User
    I installed my new card and had the display cable in and the hdmi. It defaults to display and the speakers became active. But when I took the display cable out it reverted to HMDI and the stand alone speakers. The monitor sound is very tinny though, but up to now not found settings for sound equalization etc. Win 10 shows diff menu when display plugged in. Thanks for help.

elbmek, Jan 16, 2017
  7. fireberd Win User
    What are you using the monitor? DVI, HDMI?
    With the new video card, HDMI audio is generated internally in the Video Card, thus any PC sound card settings won't do anything for the HDMI audio. Any options for the HDMI audio would be in the Video Card's control program.

Built in speakers in many monitors are no better than speakers in Laptops (which are generally poor).

fireberd, Jan 16, 2017
  8. elbmek Win User

Monitor is HDMI and super Display Port. The display port is for multiple monitors too.

you got it right about built in speakers thoguh!!!! *chuckle

ASUS PB287Q

elbmek, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Monitor Sound Not Working? - Similar Threads - Monitor Sound Working

2. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  3. windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 hdmi monitor sound stopped working: Hi. I was using my laptop with 4k monitor and with speakers but all of a sudden I lost sound hdmi output. I can see the volume bar is reacting when there is a sound at the background but no sound coming out of my speakers. Tried deleting nvidia experince and windows installed...
  4. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  5. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work: Hi, I connected my monitor using HDMI cabble to windows 10The driver is up to date, the device is detected. I have enabled my device, and the sound graphic is worked when the sound is played, but still, no sound output is heard. When I use external speaker, is work, only an...
  6. Monitor built-in HDMI Sound device not work

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. monitor sound is not working

monitor sound is not working: Hi, I have Surface Pro 7 and I have monitor with speakers, I have connected the monitor to Surface Doc 2 via USB-C to HDMI cable and the sound on the monitor is not working, I try to connect directly to Surface Pro 7 without the docking station but still no sound, I try...
  8. Monitor Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Monitor Sound: My monitor cannot connect to RPC service. What to do?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/monitor-sound/03791502-8b1b-463d-a098-871adfabba22
  9. pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor

pc/monitor sound not working lenovo tower, acer monitor: new pc, monitor speakers will not make sound. Test runs for specific notification sounds show spike in volume in settings >sound, media player with audio cd will not sound, all troubleshooting processes didn't fix problem. HDMI cable from tower to monitor ok. Speakers present...
  10. Sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound from monitors: Hi! A while back, I pressed a key on my keyboard and held it for a really long time by accident. This seemed to have removed the sound from coming through my monitors. I've re-installed updated drivers, I've explored the Accessibility tools/functions. I can "see" the...