Windows 10: Monitor stops working not recognized as connected

Discus and support Monitor stops working not recognized as connected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This one is really strange to me... Windows 10 cannot find a GPU diver for my integrated card. I had to switch to it when my installed GPU failed. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by danni1of2, Feb 24, 2017.

1. danni1of2 Win User

Monitor stops working not recognized as connected

This one is really strange to me...

Windows 10 cannot find a GPU diver for my integrated card. I had to switch to it when my installed GPU failed. I do notice on occasion that (probably due to the fact that I don't have the GPU driver) my text and images look degraded. You can actually watch the text degrade on the screen over time.usually reopening the window containing the text fixes the problem for a short period of time. But that is not the reason for this post.

I have a 22 inch Samsung SyncMaster 2220mw monitor. After some time my system no longer recognizes that my monitor is connected. it seems that my monitor goes into a permanent sleep mode. I thought that my monitor was going out. So I bought a new monitor. a 15 inch Dell monitor,Connected it and it worked fine for a couple of weeks, then I had the same trouble with it. Because I had no other monitor I connected the first monitor backup my system it is now working fine. But I am concerned that in a few weeks my system will not recognize that my monitor is connected once again. Before I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro (both 64-bit in this case)I did not have this problem.I have not checked it out on my 32-bit side yet because I only use that side for gaming for the programs that will not run on 64-bit.I do not know if this is a software problem (operating system), or if it is a hardware problem with my GPU.

In all honesty I'm afraid that my onboard GPU is also now failing…
    but why would both an on board and installed GPU fail? unless it was another problem in the system (I'm hoping it's a software glitch that can be remedied)

I have found a solution to one portion of this post "Windows 10 cannot find a GPU diver for my integrated card. I had to switch to it when my installed GPU failed. I do notice on occasion that (probably due to the fact that I don't have the GPU driver) my text and images look degraded. You can actually watch the text degrade on the screen over time.usually reopening the window containing the text fixes the problem for a short period of time. But that is not the reason for this post.

I went to the Samsung website and look for driver. I was not able to find one. So I entered chat with a techher my model number and she was able to find the a driver. So hopefully the text and image degradation has been dealt. Now I have to see if that fixed the monitor not being recognized by my PC after some time. Does anybody know whether lack of a driver would cause a monitor not be recognized after a few weeks of use?

:)

danni1of2, Feb 24, 2017
  2. David Haz Win User

Reinstalled Windows 10 doesn't detect 2nd external monitor

Hello,

You mentioned that the monitor and the cable worked before, may we know if the monitor works when you connect it to another device using the same cable? Also, is your laptop able to recognize a different monitor?

David Haz, Feb 24, 2017
  3. Steve6mil Win User
    Samsung Focus not being recognized as "connected"

I hope you have not retired since you posted here...

Do you know how to change the default voicemail number on a Samsung? When I hold the 1 it calls AAA, to sign me up for Road service.

Thanks,

Steve6mil, Feb 24, 2017
Thema:

Monitor stops working not recognized as connected

1. Monitor stops working not recognized as connected - Similar Threads - Monitor stops working

2. Monitors stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitors stopped working: I have 2 Sceptre curved screen monitors, they worked fine around December. Did not use office in house for a month or 2, tried to use computer last week and no signal to monitors. Troubleshot the issue and If I use an Old Dell monitor it works fine, using it as I type. If I...
  3. Monitors stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitors stopped working: I have 2 Sceptre curved screen monitors, they worked fine around December. Did not use office in house for a month or 2, tried to use computer last week and no signal to monitors. Troubleshot the issue and If I use an Old Dell monitor it works fine, using it as I type. If I...
  4. Monitors stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Second monitor stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Second monitor stopped working: I have an second monitor which suddenly stopped working. The scond monitor is detected but displays "HDMI no signal"I have:- updated the display adapter driver from manufacturer Dell - no change- tried the HDMI cable on multiple devices - cable works- hooked up the monitor to...
  6. Second monitor stopped working

Second monitor stopped working: I have an second monitor which suddenly stopped working. The scond monitor is detected but displays "HDMI no signal"I have:- updated the display adapter driver from manufacturer Dell - no change- tried the HDMI cable on multiple devices - cable works- hooked up the monitor to...
  7. Dual Monitors stopped working

Dual Monitors stopped working: Hi there! My dual monitors were working absolutely fine until about a month ago.Now one monitor is connected via HDMI and the other is connected via HDMI> DVI adapter.The both worked without a problem. Until my PC stopped recognising the monitor on the DVI connection.Now the...
  8. Second monitor suddenly stops being recognized.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Second monitor suddenly stops being recognized.: My Dell laptop has being giving me a lot of trouble starting past week. I work with my laptop and a second monitor connected via HDMI. The problem is that my laptop suddenly stops recognizing the second monitor just in the middle of when I'm working. My screen will first...
  9. 2nd monitor stopped working

2nd monitor stopped working: My 2nd monitor stopped working. Have updated drivers for display adapter and checked updates are current for windows 10 and still it refuses to work. I've uninstalled the graphics card and restarted the computer, also checked all the cables and turned everything off then...
  10. Windows 10 Stops Recognizing Extra Monitor

Windows 10 Stops Recognizing Extra Monitor: I received help getting the extra larger monitor to connect back after the last windows update with the Device Manager. There was an issue with the driver. I disconnected the monitor and moved the laptop into another room for a day and now having the same issue. The...